The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Big Hasselblad anouncement on the 22nd.

Jérôme.E

If anything will annoy me it's if the adaptor for the HC glass is in the hundreds of bucks. I might not actually buy into the system if that's the case as initially at least I'll be relying on HC glass.

There's an 80mm 2.8 with my name all over it.
I've red 290€ on a french site.

V

Vivek

I might have one soon for trial so I cross my fingers to not having it by the end of the year. I think this one, at this price (7900€) kill the leica and the Pentax.
Leica for sure. Pentax prices might drop quite a bit though.

f8orbust

Hmm, having had a play around with the image of the front of the X1D in P/S, I don't see any way the 100MP sensor (at least not one that's 53 x 40) would work with H lenses mounted via an adapter.

Since the H adapter will move the lens further away from the sensor, the current 100MP sensor would be obscured behind the bayonet on the body.

I guess the 100MP sensor is reserved for the H6D line.

Last edited:

pflower

Any thoughts as to whether or not CF lenses would be compatible with an adapter? Would the existing CF Adapter work on top of the H Adapter? Not ideal perhaps but I have a lot of CF/CFE lenses which might come in useful with this from time to time - as they do with my H camera.

Hmm, having had a play around with the image of the front of the X1D in P/S, I'm don't see any way the 100MP sensor (at least not one that's 53 x 40) would work with H lenses mounted via an adapter.

Since the H adapter will move the lens further away from the sensor, the current 100MP sensor would be obscured behind the bayonet on the body.

I guess the 100MP sensor is reserved for the H6D line.

torger

I wonder about the shooting ergonomics, for hand-held fairly fast-paced stuff.

I see that it has a back button focus drive button, back-button focus is my preferred way to work so that's good.

There's two wheels, one for f-stop, and one for shutter speed I suppose. Auto-ISO if it's good is fine by me.

There's no thumb joystick for focus point selection though, so I guess it's one single point in center one will be using with this, focus and recompose (without true focus function though...)

Any speculations?

JeRuFo

Is the future of Hasselblad riding on the success of the crop-sensor line? It would kind of suck if you bought the camera and then hear a few months later that there will be no new x-line lenses coming ever.

Uaiomex

I'm confused about this camera. In which kind of photography this camera will excel? Perhaps landscape, product? Specialized synchro-sunlight photography like posed fashion or fine-art?
Any ideas?

P. S. Forgot portraiture

Last edited:

iiiNelson

I believe it would be possible to use FPS lenses IF there's an electronic shutter. I'm not sure it has one or that it could be added through firmware updates.

V

Vivek

I'm confused about this camera. In which kind of photography this camera will excel? Perhaps landscape, product? Specialized synchro-sunlight photography like posed fashion or fine-art?
Any ideas?
None of those (apps) are crying out for a compact, lightweight camera.

Think about it though, this sort of discussion is far, far better than the Lunar stuff they came up with. :thumbup:

Congrats Hasselblad! :clap:

I believe it would be possible to use FPS lenses IF there's an electronic shutter. I'm not sure it has one or that it could be added through firmware updates.
The output in that case (E shutter) would drop to 12 bit. Not what I would want in a camera that costs this much.

iiiNelson

None of those (apps) are crying out for a compact, lightweight camera.

Think about it though, this sort of discussion is far, far better than the Lunar stuff they came up with. :thumbup:

Congrats Hasselblad! :clap:

The output in that case (E shutter) would drop to 12 bit. Not what I would want in a camera that costs this much.
True... It's an option though.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Any ideas?
For me, doing travel photography and on-location industrial photography at difficult to reach places, this would be the ideal camera. With the 30mm in place and a lens somewhere around 200mm, preferably with close focusing abilities, I would be set for life... I think :)

But I have some other bills to pay first.

Oh... and 645 is a crop also. People complained about that when the H1 was launched. Others took photos with the thing.

Pradeep

It is a niche camera indeed, but I think the niche is quite large. Actually I think more people will think that 50MP is a bit low rather than unnecessarily high. The thing is that the megapixel race is far from over, and 135 is already at 50MP with the 5Ds.

Low pixel count medium format gear simply doesn't sell. Each time I see the reaction to a new resolution king, like the IQ180 once was and now recently the IQ3 100MP, it's so very obvious that resolution is very important to sell medium format gear. Even if it's not strictly needed for your work, people need to feel that they have distanced themselves to the 135 format.
Yes, it is a niche camera. As I said earlier in the thread, the difference between the Pentax and this one is the size/weight (significant advantage to the H) and the Hasselblad reputation behind the product. Price-wise it is no cheaper than the Pentax who are likely to cut down some more. The feature list of the Pentax is probably better as well.

For me it is definitely not a 'game changer' unless the very concept of a mirrorless MF is considered to be so.

But it is a welcome development and if the promise of adapted use of legacy H glass is borne out then it may be a tempting product. As a landscape and wildlife photographer there is not enough improvement with the present package for me. I am sure it will appeal to many others though.

Swissblad

Very impressed by the lifestream event - lovely design - neat camera - way to go HB!

But like Jørgen - it will take a while to get the necessary €...... :(

f8orbust

Because of the requirement of a LS, it should be relatively straightforward to use R/S and S/K lenses on the X1D. Just needs some sort of 'dumb' mount with the lens (in it's helical) on one end + a 'spacer' + the HB male bayonet on the other. Something that SK Grimes could do easily.

That would broadly be the equivalent of an Alpa TC + IQ350 / CFV-50C, but for a lot less.

No AF of course :p

Uaiomex

Another good project for our admired korean colleague.
Darn, can't remember his name.

Because of the requirement of a LS, it should be relatively straightforward to use R/S and S/K lenses on the X1D. Just needs some sort of 'dumb' mount with the lens (in it's helical) on one end + a 'spacer' + the HB male bayonet on the other. Something that SK Grimes could do easily.

That would broadly be the equivalent of an Alpa TC + IQ350 / CFV-50C, but for a lot less.

No AF of course :p

just ordered, delivery in July. this will be my backup to the 100c and also the walk around tool-toy ;)
adapter to HC/HCD glass is around 300 € and full AF and exposure functionality is guaranteed.
have a nice evening!

Jérôme.E

But until confirmed by Hasselblad itself, just a rumor, yes? I will admit though that a small part of the reason I bought mine was a gut feeling it might be the last CFV back they make.
I didn't ask for that directly...he said it during the discussion I had with him about the new "game changer" before its launch. May be he was "forecasting" but why a rep would assume that ?

tjv

I'm really into the concept overall. Couldn't care less about putting it on an Actus or adapting Canon lenses etc., but if the AF is sluggish and/or the EVF is average it'd kill it for me. It needs to be fast, fast, fast to be viable as a reportage camera. Does anyone know if it has focus peaking? Weather sealing?