The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ3 100MP owners/users impressions

tjv

After a while of not bonding so well with C1 and the many profiles on offer for my Credo 60, I've found myself really, really liking the Leaf Product profiles. Sometimes I switch to the HS varieties or Leaf ProPhoto, the latter being brighter and more saturated, which sometimes help with blue hour colours, sunsets etc., but you need to tone it down to make greens look more natural.

I know this is a thread about the IQ3/1 100 backs, but it seems now that Leaf are no longer in the game, the colour profiles might carry over to new products. I'd like to see some examples posted of images processed with the various profiles. Just for curiosity sake, really.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Not had a chance to shoot much recently but this is a test shot that I processed identically from C1 using the Phase IQ100 Outdoor Daylight, Leaf LF5 Product and Leaf LF5 Portrait. I think that the differences are pretty obvious, particularly the reds in the Phase One profile vs the Leaf profiles. I don't shoot people often so this example isn't going to help much with assessing skin tones but DT do have skin tone examples in their blog.

Outdoor Daylight:
CF012637 7.jpg

LF5 Product:
CF012637 6.jpg

LF5 Portrait:
CF012637 8.jpg

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Would someone post a portrait style image processed with standard profile and then with Leaf profile PLEASE!
Capture One DB is free (download at phaseone.com).
IQ3 100mp raw files are free (download at our IQ3 100mp raw file page).

You can play with the different profiles to your hearts content, not being limited by the fact that the different profiles result in different contrast (which you can then either choose to keep or to compensate for when making a comparison):

That said if you're just looking for a quick and dirty comparison you can find scroll-across comparisons (including skin tone) here:Leaf Look for Phase One backs

Chipcarterdc

Whilst on the DT page to check out the link below, I noticed a "service release 1" firmware upgrade. Two questions:

1. The info there and on Phase's site is incredibly vague: any plain English and detailed description of what this actually does/what bugs it fixes?

2. it's also not clear precisely which firmware update encompasses "service release 2" for the XF/IQ-100. The PDF instructions refer to a firmware that apparently has no effect for/on the iq-100, whereas the blurbs on the DT site read as if it's intended for the XF camera (with any back).

I also had weird files resulting from not closing the shutter for the dark frame and the fix was to power down and up again. In all the time I was in Italy on my last trip I used the ES exclusively and never saw any of the artifacts you experienced and hope I never do. I regard the ES as the single most important benefit of the 100MP back.

Victor
I had such issues with the IQ260 before when it always had to rely on darkframe NR. Perhaps a future firmware update can make darkframe NR control of the 100MP even easier.

strok

Traded my iq250 to iq3-100.
This is my 3d DB
p65 > iq250 > iq3100
Never was 100% satisfied with my previous DBs ( low light performance of p65 and later crop factor on IQ250)
For the first time I feel happy with what I have.
Was able to get a mind blowing image quality in ES mode from old non-D 120mm micro lens.