The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What's on your XF feature request list ?

kdphotography

To get back to topic, another ting I'd like to see is full Profoto integration, not just set the power levels on different groups but also TTL and HSS support (for focal plane shutters).

Still, the two things I want the most would be something similar to true focus (which also takes into account movement along the focal plane) and image stabilization. Both of these features are a possiblity with the current technology and they even have a patent for the image stabilization.
I'm doubtful about TTL and HSS (especially with available LS lenses). I'd welcome the ability to adjust power levels on Profoto Air equipped lights. Also need the ability to trigger the lights (without the shutter) so you can use a light meter without having to have a Profoto Air transmitter on hand---isn't that what integration in body is about?? And certainly something like H's True Focus and image stabilization of some sort would be welcome tweaks to AF performance.

ken

algrove

Onr quick note. You can trigger the stack also via the camera controls on the backs LCD. That is how I have always done it. Takes two extra steps but you don't have to disable the other release on the rear of the XF.

Paul C
Paul
I repeat one does not have to disable any other release on the back button in order to use the back button for focus stacking. I have the rear button for LV, have used focus stacking and have since then usd LV for the back button without disabling LV on the back button.