Site Sponsors
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 1457

Thread: Hasselblad X1D

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Hasselblad X1D

Loxia lenses are much like this image above but they are blue. Hassy looks like it went black. That does look like a rubber ring to me.

It can't be the barrel as it's starts getting into the body mount so it must be a flexible O ring
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Park Cameras lists the X1D with an expected arrival date in late October. Not sure if the date is from Hasselblad or if they just make **** up like B&H.

https://www.parkcameras.com/p/H01576...rorless-camera

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm not sure this was asked on this thread as I am just catching up on this wonderful camera but can anyone tell me if you use, say the H series 100mm f2.2 lens with the adapter Hasselblad has planned (with full AF apparently) will the lens be an 80mm f2.2 lens? (0.8 crop factor)

Thanks.

Peter
    Life is an infinite series of moments called..."now".
    My job is to capture them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Lundqvist View Post
    Park Cameras lists the X1D with an expected arrival date in late October. Not sure if the date is from Hasselblad or if they just make **** up like B&H.

Not that it helps, but B&H removed the "expected availability" from their X1D product page for the moment when it said end of September a couple days ago. Borrowlenses is saying 10/25 expected arrival subject to manufacturer release now, when it said Sept. 26th before.

In an article on Lula posted today, Kevin Raber says "Perry [Oosting, Hasselblad CEO] and I will be sitting down for another interview at PhotoPlus East next month (starts Oct 19th). By then, the X1D should be shipping and we’ll have plenty to talk about!".

As demo cameras are now shipping, I imagine orders will start to be fulfilled in the next couple weeks and several sources indicate possibility for end of October, but my guess is as good as anyone elses.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I'm not sure this was asked on this thread as I am just catching up on this wonderful camera but can anyone tell me if you use, say the H series 100mm f2.2 lens with the adapter Hasselblad has planned (with full AF apparently) will the lens be an 80mm f2.2 lens? (0.8 crop factor)

Thanks.

Peter

Peter,
    I think you are correct that the 100mm f2.2 lens with the adapter Hasselblad has planned will give an angle of view like an 80mm lens in 35mm format.

--Steve.

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose the delivery delays shouldn't be a surprise...I've been in this field for many years now and I can't remember any new product introduction that met an initial delivery expectation.

I believe it's done intentionally to drive pre-orders so that the manufacturer can plan for funding and ramp-up requirements.
    Last edited by ddanois; 27th September 2016 at 17:21.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ddanois View Post
    I suppose the delivery delays shouldn't be a surprise...I've been in this field for many years now and I can't remember any new product introduction that met an initial delivery expectation.

I believe it's done intentionally to drive pre-orders so that the manufacturer can plan for funding and ramp-up requirements.
    I bet that earthquake never happened

Post Thanks / Like

Just pulled the trigger on a pre-order!
    http://www.elundqvist.photo
    twitter: @erik_lundqvist
    instagram: elundqvist.photo
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just pulled the trigger on a pre-order!
    Welcome to the club!

Post Thanks / Like

I was there Monday placing my order and they had Hasselblad on the phone so it was straight from the horse's mouth....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    I was there Monday placing my order and they had Hasselblad on the phone so it was straight from the horse's mouth....
    I did not notice your location. Your avatar is too distracting

You in London as well?

Post Thanks / Like

I did not notice your location. Your avatar is too distracting

You in London as well?
    Sometimes! I get around a bit...
    Time to change the avatar. I put it up as a joke ages ago during some thread where the predominant mood was 'aaaaargh!'

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Time to change the avatar. I put it up as a joke ages ago during some thread where the predominant mood was 'aaaaargh!'
    Tim, please don't change it. It makes you so easily identifiable!
    With best regards, K-H.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Give me a shout next time you are here and we can have a pint/coffee and talk about how amazing the X1D is

Post Thanks / Like

Give me a shout next time you are here and we can have a pint/coffee and talk about how amazing the X1D is
    That's a great idea, I'd love to. And if it's a mess, we can bitch about it....

Post Thanks / Like

The x1d with the new 30mm lens will be 13mm longer than shown. That will as close to a modern SWC as we'll get. It would be all I need after hitting the lotto.
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I certainly like the look of it. My concerns now turn to flash protocols and software and Hassy having Nikon protocol for flash is a big advantage as I just need to switch a trigger out at 50 dollars and just get a Godox Nikon unit which is less than 200. Fuji is a problem as no Fuji triggers for my Godox system. My other big problem is software. I do not like Lightroom but I have tried Phocus and i can work with that pretty good plus tethered work. Fuji I'm just not sure about. I know one thing I'm going to sit back on these choices. I honestly love the look of the Hassy but the Fuji maybe more flexible . What I would like to hear from Hassy is some hard timelines on lenses and accessories. I need to know what's coming before I invest. I'm a working Pro and my risks are high. I do hope folks take that in consideration as working Pros really need assurance on timelines , service, accessories and delivery. I'm not going to be left holding coal in my hands. So both companies need to vie for my money and others as well. No more cat and mouse we need to know what is in the works. This is not a marketing game.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ken_vs_ryu View Post

The x1d with the new 30mm lens will be 13mm longer than shown. That will as close to a modern SWC as we'll get. It would be all I need after hitting the lotto.
    It's a lovely piece. I'm holding out hopes for a 20-24mm lens.
    Not buying right now, though... and it has nothing to do with the X1D, which I've already decided would suit me very well.

No, I've just been having too much fun buying stuff for my new car: bought an even nicer set of wheels, new tires, and am looking at what it's going to take to upgrade the fancy high end stereo system for Bluetooth and access to my iPhone for audio streaming and telephone calls. There are more new toys to enjoy than just new cameras, eh? :-)

G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream

Post Thanks / Like

Called Samy's Camera in CA and a person familiar with the H1D told me there is no o-ring on the lenses he has handled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    It's a lovely piece. I'm holding out hopes for a 20-24mm lens.
    Not buying right now, though... and it has nothing to do with the X1D, which I've already decided would suit me very well.

No, I've just been having too much fun buying stuff for my new car: bought an even nicer set of wheels, new tires, and am looking at what it's going to take to upgrade the fancy high end stereo system for Bluetooth and access to my iPhone for audio streaming and telephone calls. There are more new toys to enjoy than just new cameras, eh? :-)

G
    Picture proof please

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    I certainly like the look of it. My concerns now turn to flash protocols and software and Hassy having Nikon protocol for flash is a big advantage as I just need to switch a trigger out at 50 dollars and just get a Godox Nikon unit which is less than 200. Fuji is a problem as no Fuji triggers for my Godox system. My other big problem is software. I do not like Lightroom but I have tried Phocus and i can work with that pretty good plus tethered work. Fuji I'm just not sure about. I know one thing I'm going to sit back on these choices. I honestly love the look of the Hassy but the Fuji maybe more flexible . What I would like to hear from Hassy is some hard timelines on lenses and accessories. I need to know what's coming before I invest. I'm a working Pro and my risks are high. I do hope folks take that in consideration as working Pros really need assurance on timelines , service, accessories and delivery. I'm not going to be left holding coal in my hands. So both companies need to vie for my money and others as well. No more cat and mouse we need to know what is in the works. This is not a marketing game.
    I was using a couple of Godox WITSTRO 180/360 units with my X-Pro2/X-T1 until last week. The triggers worked fine. You sure your Godox triggers won't work on a Fuji?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I was using a couple of Godox WITSTRO 180/360 units with my X-Pro2/X-T1 until last week. The triggers worked fine. You sure your Godox triggers won't work on a Fuji?
    Don't know yet, no Fujis around to try it. I have version II so the receivers are built in AD360 and they have triggers for Canon, Nikon and Sony but not the Fuji . These are the XT1 units

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    ... am looking at what it's going to take to upgrade the fancy high end stereo system for Bluetooth and access to my iPhone for audio streaming and telephone calls. There are more new toys to enjoy than just new cameras, eh? :-)

G
    Great form factor camera which is made for my small hands and indeed a realistic replacement for the SWC + DB I was hoping for.

Re. your stereo system, it is already fancy or are you looking for something fancy? The one built-in in my car has all the connectivity options standard onboard and by all means is nothing fancy, i.e. high-end.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Picture proof please
    I posted pix of the car earlier in the week (see the Leica SL image thread) ... or just jump to my flickr.com gallery:
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskHyUUuv

Most of the money has gone on internal things; the new wheels and tires are due in next week. I'll do a new set of photos after they're installed. ;-)

G

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Great form factor camera which is made for my small hands and indeed a realistic replacement for the SWC + DB I was hoping for.
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Re. your stereo system, it is already fancy or are you looking for something fancy? The one built-in in my car has all the connectivity options standard onboard and by all means is nothing fancy, i.e. high-end.
    My 'new' car is a 2006 Mercedes SLK 280. It has what was then the high-end audio option minus a couple of the features (integrated COMAND AGW control, Harmon Kardon 11-speaker surround-sound system with MOST digital optical network connectivity, multi-CD changer, Satellite radio connectivity, and GPS maps; no NAV, no cell phone). Bluetooth and audio streaming was just coming out in cars about then (my 2006 Prius had it) but wasn't in this system.

I'm updating it with a mObridge "M2.Pro MOST" unit. This replaces the CD changer (which I'll never use) with a box that provides Bluetooth and USB connectivity and integrates modern iOS and Android telephone and audio streaming into the existing COMAND AGW control system. It lets me keep all the nice sound system and integrated features/controls (on dash, in steering wheel, etc) while giving me access to modern connectivity and comm systems.

It's fun to be geeky about cars again for a time.

G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ken_vs_ryu View Post

Very impressive photo of the X1D - it sort of puts camera body size in perspective! Now I need to head to the lotto ticket store!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotophil View Post
    Very impressive photo of the X1D - it sort of puts camera body size in perspective! Now I need to head to the lotto ticket store!!
    This photo tells me lots about the form factor of the X1D. Imagine her holding a Phase XF with a Phase 40-80 zoom that way.

Name:  29770022306_f08ff4e7f2_z.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  94.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

We're getting bored waiting, aren't we?

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    We're getting bored waiting, aren't we?

Joe
    Yes, and I thought the above photo might help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Trying to decided what's cheaper the Hassy or the model.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone getting any availability info from dealers? Called several over the last few days with mixed results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Trying to decided what's cheaper the Hassy or the model.lol
    Are you counting the alimony?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wink Re: Hasselblad X1D

You had to remind me. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Anyone getting any availability info from dealers? Called several over the last few days with mixed results.
    Nothing from either B&H or Ace Photo (Ashburn, VA).

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Mine said end of October

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I wish they made a True monochrome camera in that special edition instead of just a paint job.

Post Thanks / Like

Here we go again...

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/hass...-til-november/

I suppose the good news is that we will now have the X1d and the Fuji GFX around at nearly the same time.

Can only imagine that they are encountering serious production issues. If it were just a function of demand, there would be small batches trickling out to customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Here we go again...

I suppose the good news is that we will now have the X1d and the Fuji GFX around at nearly the same time.

Can only imagine that they are encountering serious production issues. If it were just a function of demand, there would be small batches trickling out to customers.
    We don't know what, if any, "issues" are delaying shipments. Anything is possible, but it's all idle speculation. If you were running Hasselblad, would you be more inclined to (a) start shipping the X1Ds to customers in early September with firmware that provided a more limited set of capabilities or (b) delay shipping till November but have the first batch of cameras in the hands of customers have a more complete set of capabilities? I think the latter. There are too many haters out there hanging out on the internet just waiting to jump on Hasselblad if the initial firmware for the X1D is at all crippled. And Fuji has already announced the GFX for delivery in early 2017, so that news has already filtered through and probably some preorders for the X1D cancelled. Things have probably settled out for the time being. However, if the initial reports on the X1D are a mixed bag (e.g., single point AF or no AF for HC lenses), there could very well be additional preorders cancelled.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hcubell View Post
    We don't know what, if any, "issues" are delaying shipments. Anything is possible, but it's all idle speculation. If you were running Hasselblad, would you be more inclined to (a) start shipping the X1Ds to customers in early September with firmware that provided a more limited set of capabilities or (b) delay shipping till November but have the first batch of cameras in the hands of customers have a more complete set of capabilities? I think the latter. There are too many haters out there hanging out on the internet just waiting to jump on Hasselblad if the initial firmware for the X1D is at all crippled. And Fuji has already announced the GFX for delivery in early 2017, so that news has already filtered through and probably some preorders for the X1D cancelled. Things have probably settled out for the time being. However, if the initial reports on the X1D are a mixed bag (e.g., single point AF or no AF for HC lenses), there could very well be additional preorders cancelled.
    I agree it makes more sense to supply the camera not before it is fully working.
    However it also doesnt give a good marketing to monthly delay it.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed.

I am a Hasselblad fan and can't wait to receive my X1D. My comments were more related to the fact that there is something significant holding up shipping this new product (whatever it is, it is...not meant to be sinister).

Having lived in the Private Equity world for many years, this situation is not uncommon. The costs of R&D for this new camera and the tooling for subcontractors can all contribute to delays. Additionally, I'm sure that the supply chain for this product has many constituents but the point is, they should have announced this as a new product with no forecast of a delivery timeframe. Many people sold existing camera kits in preparation for an early September delivery and would just like to know when pre-orders are going to be filled.

BTW, why would legitimate non-pro customers (who express their frustrations about these delays) be considered "haters"? If anything, this product was targeted specifically at people like me!

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed.

I am a Hasselblad fan and can't wait to receive my X1D. My comments were more related to the fact that there is something significant holding up shipping this new product (whatever it is, it is...not meant to be sinister).

Having lived in the Private Equity world for many years, this situation is not uncommon. The costs of R&D for this new camera and the tooling for subcontractors can all contribute to delays. Additionally, I'm sure that the supply chain for this product has many constituents but the point is, they should have announced this as a new product with no forecast of a delivery timeframe. Many people sold existing camera kits in preparation for an early September delivery and would just like to know when pre-orders are going to be filled.

BTW, why would legitimate non-pro customers (who express their frustrations about these delays) be considered "haters"? If anything, this product was targeted specifically at people like me!
    Sorry if it appeared that way, but I did not mean to imply that you were one of the haters. I understand the frustration with the delays. My point was that I think Hasselblad is better off dealing with complaints about shipping delays than complaints about the way the X1D actually performs in the wild.
    The haters know who they are.
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hcubell View Post
    Sorry if it appeared that way, but I did not mean to imply that you were one of the haters. I understand the frustration with the delays. My point was that I think Hasselblad is better off dealing with complaints about shipping delays than complaints about the way the X1D actually performs in the wild.
    The haters know who they are.
    No offense taken. I completely agree with you.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

It's occasionally comforting to remember that Pentax announced the digital 645 four or five years before it actually surfaced as a product.

G

Post Thanks / Like

Here we go again...

Shame B&H keeps confusing people by making up dates which the Internet then thinks are actually coming from Hasselblad.
    http://www.elundqvist.photo
    twitter: @erik_lundqvist
    instagram: elundqvist.photo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Delays like this could also mean the are adding something to the system that was not announced. Like a feature or function maybe like focus peaking or some other feature that maybe missing.

Post Thanks / Like

or it could just be debugging the software, or ramping up the production line, or not having enough lenses ready or ...

It will take a few years for the system to mature. A week or two's delay in getting the first bodies out may be a good thing, if it gets some of the worst initial bugs out of the system.

Post Thanks / Like

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay! May the merriment commence. :-)

G