Site Sponsors
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 1457

Thread: Hasselblad X1D

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Hasselblad X1D

From a LuLa thread:

So they are beginning to trickle out (to the UK and Australia). Good luck to Erik and Tim.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon USA deliveries...daddy needs a new X1D!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Last time I know Neill is living in Malaysia.
    Perhaps time to drop him a note, I contacted the Hasselblad importer here but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    From a LuLa thread:

So they are beginning to trickle out (to the UK and Australia). Good luck to Erik and Tim.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!! I had one this week in my hands.. and.. sorry..i think that this is the only word for this.. visor sucks. My Casio Calculator gives better images than it..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5764.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	329.6 KB 
ID:	121652

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    visor sucks. My Casio Calculator gives better images than it..
    "visor"? EVF? Rear LCD?

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

"visor"? EVF? Rear LCD?

Joe
    EVF, sorry!!

Post Thanks / Like

the X1d EVF remember me the first Nokias with camera. It have a awesome lag when you move it..
    Try it before buy..

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

the X1d EVF remember me the first Nokias with camera. It have a awesome lag when you move it..
    Try it before buy..
    I didn't see anything like that at all.

It could happen, though, in extremely low light levels when the camera is slowing down the refresh to accommodate keeping the LCD bright. The same thing will happen with ANY EVF in low enough light. It's that or let the viewfinder go dark.

G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    I didn't see anything like that at all.

It could happen, though, in extremely low light levels when the camera is slowing down the refresh to accommodate keeping the LCD bright. The same thing will happen with ANY EVF in low enough light. It's that or let the viewfinder go dark.

G
    Well, i have to say that i ask to the vendor if it was normal and he says to me that it probably was casued because the low batery level.. .. .. i dont think so

The scenario of the test was normal, no dramatic highlights or shadows. I have a sony a7 and well.. if i post this.. you know..?
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!! I had one this week in my hands.. and.. sorry..i think that this is the only word for this.. visor sucks. My Casio Calculator gives better images than it..

Hmmm. New in with 13 posts...

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    Hmmm. New in with 13 posts...
    Truly not one of us ... but are his impressions real ... or affected.

Bob
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Seems that the oldies have some problems with fresh opinions …

Welcome FRAN to the forum, your opinions are welcome …

To the topic of EVF: I have to admit that I have not had the chance to look through the X1D EVF. Where I live, I simply have no access to Hassis. There seem to be a lot of very, very different opinions about the EVF experience. I am curious though to see how this topic (EVF in MF) is going in the near future on a more general level.

On the risk to be insulted as Leica fanboy, I would like to cite some opinions of Leica people on the issue: David Farkas (Leica dealer Miami) personal impression of the X1D during his visit at Photokina (Leica forum) and some excerpts from an interview with Leica Staff which you can find on Leica rumor site.

David Farkas: "The X1D? I tried one at the Hasselblad booth at Photokina. It was disappointing. Low quality EVF with washed out and pixelated view ...."

and

Stefan Schulz (Leica Global Director Business Unit Professional): For the moment, just like what we already said. You need to take a quick look at the viewfinder. Current medium format cameras have slow frame rates, so after you take a picture, you see nothing. S system is showing instant image. As long as there is no technology for medium format available that gives instant images like this, we will not change."

Dr. Andreas Kauffman (Leica Board Chairman): "I think. Usually I don’t talk about competitors, but we don't completely see them (Hasselblad and Fuji mirrorless) as competitors. When you saw the press release regarding Hasselblad mirrorless, and you read specs for the viewfinder. It is small. My personal opinion is that you can’t do it in medium format with viewfinder with 2 point whatever. To me, it is bad quality."

You may not be interested in opinions of Leica Staff or Leica dealers on competition products, but I think their business philosophy is interesting. What they are basically saying is, that at the moment it is not possible to put a satisfying EFV in a MF camera (whatever "satisfying" means for you). And one has to remember that Leica, at this point of time, has the best FF EVF at hand (in their Leica SL).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by siddhaarta View Post
    Seems that the oldies have some problems with fresh opinions Ö

Welcome FRAN to the forum, your opinions are welcome Ö

To the topic of EVF: I have to admit that I have not had the chance to look through the X1D EVF. Where I live, I simply have no access to Hassis. There seem to be a lot of very, very different opinions about the EVF experience. I am curious though to see how this topic (EVF in MF) is going in the near future on a more general level.

On the risk to be insulted as Leica fanboy, I would like to cite some opinions of Leica people on the issue: David Farkas (Leica dealer Miami) personal impression of the X1D during his visit at Photokina (Leica forum) and some excerpts from an interview with Leica Staff which you can find on Leica rumor site.

David Farkas: "The X1D? I tried one at the Hasselblad booth at Photokina. It was disappointing. Low quality EVF with washed out and pixelated view ...."

and

Stefan Schulz (Leica Global Director Business Unit Professional): For the moment, just like what we already said. You need to take a quick look at the viewfinder. Current medium format cameras have slow frame rates, so after you take a picture, you see nothing. S system is showing instant image. As long as there is no technology for medium format available that gives instant images like this, we will not change."

Dr. Andreas Kauffman (Leica Board Chairman): "I think. Usually I donít talk about competitors, but we don't completely see them (Hasselblad and Fuji mirrorless) as competitors. When you saw the press release regarding Hasselblad mirrorless, and you read specs for the viewfinder. It is small. My personal opinion is that you canít do it in medium format with viewfinder with 2 point whatever. To me, it is bad quality."

You may not be interested in opinions of Leica Staff or Leica dealers on competition products, but I think their business philosophy is interesting. What they are basically saying is, that at the moment it is not possible to put a satisfying EFV in a MF camera. And one has to remember that Leica, at this point of time, has the best FF EVF at hand (in their Leica SL).
    And the S system, which I had for a while, is likely to take a big hit from the x1d if it meets expectations. Admittedly Ming Thein is a Hassy ambassador, but he said in his first impressions of an early FW version
    "The EVF. Itís good enough Ė no, not as good as the Leica SL, but I honestly donít see that much of a difference between this and my Leica Q in terms of detail, either. Refresh rate is a little bit lower, but comparable to the M4/3 cameras in the normal speed setting, significantly faster than the H6ís live view, and another planet from the H5ís live view. It needs contrast and brightness adjustment, but thatís coming in future firmware."

We'll see.

Post Thanks / Like

And the S system, which I had for a while, is likely to take a big hit from the x1d if it meets expectations. Admittedly Ming Thein is a Hassy ambassador, but he said in his first impressions of an early FW version
    "The EVF. It’s good enough – no, not as good as the Leica SL, but I honestly don’t see that much of a difference between this and my Leica Q in terms of detail, either. Refresh rate is a little bit lower, but comparable to the M4/3 cameras in the normal speed setting, significantly faster than the H6’s live view, and another planet from the H5’s live view. It needs contrast and brightness adjustment, but that’s coming in future firmware."

We'll see.
    So, the Hasselblad Ambasador finds it o.k. and the Leica Dealer is disappointed : honi soit qui mal y pense. I have read Mings opinion, and asked myself, how is it possible that the opinions can vary that much … (in general, I appreciate both Mings and David Farkas point of views and articles). Ah, and I loved your articles on your own blog … but it seems, that EVF experiences will always be highly subjective, at least, until the technology/computer power has reached its peak.

I agree that the X1D probably will hurt the Leica S sales, but for other reasons than the viewfinder (price, compactness, MP, etc.)
    Last edited by siddhaarta; 6th October 2016 at 18:53.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to GetDPI Fran!

Did you try the X1D a week ago at your dealer's or are you saying you bought one and you have had it for a week?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

One problem with the OVF is that you mostly need mirror lockup to get full sharpness out of the lens and with MLU you don't see anything. No great problem for a landscape shooter like me.

OVF doesn't give a lot of magnification, I use a 3X magnifier on mine. With EVF you press a button and have 12X magnification.

Yes, I feel OVF works much better in bright light than EVF where shadows tend to block up.

So advantages and disadvantages to both.

It seems that folks used to EVF appreciate it more with time.

Best regards
    Erik

Seems that the oldies have some problems with fresh opinions Ö

Welcome FRAN to the forum, your opinions are welcome Ö

and

Dr. Andreas Kauffman (Leica Board Chairman): "I think. Usually I donít talk about competitors, but we don't completely see them (Hasselblad and Fuji mirrorless) as competitors. When you saw the press release regarding Hasselblad mirrorless, and you read specs for the viewfinder. It is small. My personal opinion is that you canít do it in medium format with viewfinder with 2 point whatever. To me, it is bad quality."

You may not be interested in opinions of Leica Staff or Leica dealers on competition products, but I think their business philosophy is interesting. What they are basically saying is, that at the moment it is not possible to put a satisfying EFV in a MF camera (whatever "satisfying" means for you). And one has to remember that Leica, at this point of time, has the best FF EVF at hand (in their Leica SL).

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Seems some folks expect pioneering camera tech to leap out of the womb full grown ... ouch!

Someone has to take the first steps, and it appears Hasselblad and Fuji are doing just that. Good for them!

Personally, I suspected that refresh rates would be the challenge for a larger sensor ... we'll have to see how that may improve over time. Contrast can be adjusted with firmware, so we'll have to wait less time to see how that works out in improving the e-viewfinder experience.

For me, EVF has been a love/hate sort of thing. Lowlight grainy smear, overly contrasty in bright conditions, have to switch in the menu for effect on/off when using lighting, can't immediately see last shot without freezing the eye-viewfinder, etc. However, seeing what you get is great, as is the ability to zoom waaaaaay in for critical focus.

I still prefer OVF, and find little deficiencies for my work ...

Hassey ambassadors say thumbs up, competitors say the opposite ... what? Did anyone expect Leica to heap praise on the very camera that may well eventually bite into their business?

Truth be told, it isn't new tech or more meg, or anything of the sort that'll bite the Leica S ... it's the quality and deplorable service issue.

- Marc
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

and

Thanks for the post!

Now, I am getting interested in the X1D.
    Sale Items (http://www.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-...8806-sale.html)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I flipped the 'off' button on the camera - as soon as I got some idea of the specs for its EVF....once you have used an SL quality EVF - there is no going back. Mirror is still the best in MF land as far as viewing experience goes. But hey! A lot of folks will think it is just fine enough and enjoy all the other benefits of the camera- of which there are many. Perfection is a myth until it is obsoleted.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Important notice

Quote Originally Posted by Hulyss Bowman View Post
    Important notice :

So, long story short, I was on the phone with Hasselblad France CEO for about an hour. While we spoke on the product (I will come later on this point) we mentioned forums and other things.

First point : The yesterday leak (from a shop).

Hasselblad is utterly angry and the person (or moral person) will be sued by the hard way.

Second point : The defamatory posts :

Hasselblad (world) are just bored by the forums but very attentive too. There is a new law in Europe as well in US who will permit Hassy to pursue people or moral persons bashing wrongly the hassy products or making any kind of defamatory posts about hassy products. It is new and will be applied. Hearing the guy himself... I trust them. In a way, I completely agree with this principle.

On the product now:

The X1-D early testing samples will be sent almost every where by the start of July, date where I probably get my hands on it if planets align correctly.
    The X1-D is priced Ä7900 without VAT. The 45mm less than 2K without VAT and the 90mm a bit more than 2K without VAT and the later 30mm a bit less than 3K without VAT. The adaptor will be around Ä300 without VAT and will work only with Hasselblad LS lenses. This 30mm will be "stargazing" as he told me.
    There is no plan for now on another lenses, probably 2017.
    The lenses are made by the same manufacturer as the Xpan lenses, in Japan.

The waiting list will be long because Sony sensor manufactures are down. This is why the CVF50 is temporary discontinued; they need to focus effort on the X1-D sensor.

Thats all for now

Well.. hi Hasselblad! Here i am!

🙄🙄🙄

Tomorrow i will arrive to my house and i will explain better my impressions.

Have a nice day!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems that the oldies have some problems with fresh opinions …

Welcome FRAN to the forum, your opinions are welcome …

and

Dr. Andreas Kauffman (Leica Board Chairman): "I think. Usually I don’t talk about competitors, but we don't completely see them (Hasselblad and Fuji mirrorless) as competitors. When you saw the press release regarding Hasselblad mirrorless, and you read specs for the viewfinder. It is small. My personal opinion is that you can’t do it in medium format with viewfinder with 2 point whatever. To me, it is bad quality."

What interests me most about this post is how competitors react to new competition. Usually when a company goes out of their way to be dismissive or dealers go out of their way to bash - then you know that a company has a potential winner on their hands. Case in point many people overwhelmingly bashed the Sony FE cameras, which while unrefined in the first generation, were serious game changers for being quite affordable FF mirrorless cameras. The same could be said when Nikon released the D800/800E and Canon released the 5DmkI/mkII.

Like Vivek said Leica going out of their way to address the X1D says a lot more about the potential homerun that the X1D (or GFX 50S for that matter) could be. On some level it seems like the closest competition for these cameras are the premium FF cameras like the Leica SL, 5Ds/5Dsr, and the entry level MF cameras from Pentax, Phase One, Leica S, and Hasselblad. Maybe Leica will need to restructure pricing with the X1D coming in the price range that it is. One could get a Leica SL and prime lens for about the same price as a X1D and a prime... I'd probably choose the MF option myself in that comparison.
    Priolite Ambassador | Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErikKaffehr View Post
    Hi,

One problem with the OVF is that you mostly need mirror lockup to get full sharpness out of the lens and with MLU you don't see anything. No great problem for a landscape shooter like me.

OVF doesn't give a lot of magnification, I use a 3X magnifier on mine. With EVF you press a button and have 12X magnification.

Yes, I feel OVF works much better in bright light than EVF where shadows tend to block up.

So advantages and disadvantages to both.

It seems that folks used to EVF appreciate it more with time.

Best regards
    Erik
    My personal experiences with EVF come from Sony RX-1 and Olympus OMD-EM1. Sure it's all about trade-offs. For me, the most important plus is quick control of exposure compensation and (for manual lenses) focus control. With the Leica S you have to do this with LV on a tripod which is for most landscape photography a non-issue. The vibration issue is a concern, even with MLU for some MF cameras with FPS, this is a clear plus for the XD1. For composition, the OVF is way better. And last but not least, the mere viewing experience, I am an amateur and enjoy the process of photography, it is not all only about functionality. Therefore, my tendency has been different. I appreciate OVF even more after using EVF a longer time. On the other hand, I did not have the chance to use de Leica SL yet.

If the Fuji really has a better EVF (4 MP and better refresh rate) than the XD1, this would be a big selling point for them … again, lets wait for first X1D tests with "final" firmware
    Last edited by siddhaarta; 7th October 2016 at 09:55.

Post Thanks / Like

The EVF on the X1D may be fine for some. For others, it may not. We all know what our needs are and how we prioritize various things. One thing that I would NOT pay attention to is the opinion of Leica management and Leica dealers about the X1D. They were a very negative and defensive crew at Photokina.
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For the impatient:

Hasselblad X1D 50c | eBay

could be a scam and auction might get taken down. even if it is legit, it's just a paperweight without a lens or the XH adapter anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad just posted a Hands on video with Ming Thein from when he had the X1D in July.

Ming Thein: Hands-on with the Hasselblad X1D - Our World - Hasselblad

Kevin Then, elephants and the X1d
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZk4MgOVDg4
    http://www.elundqvist.photo
    twitter: @erik_lundqvist
    instagram: elundqvist.photo

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Last time I shot OVF and EVF side by side was a walk to Tre Cime de Laveredeo back in 2013. Nowdays I mostly shoot A7rII and Hasselblad V. The A7rII is a great win for bagging the shoot. I am not so sure about OVF vs. EVF. EVF shows the actual image coming of the sensor, it is a bit of what you see is what you get. OVF needs stopping down for what you see is what you get viewing.

Focusing with EVF using magnified live view is vastly superior to OVF, at least in my experience.

Shooting sports or birds in flight I would appreciate OVF, I think, for most other things I would feel that EVF may be preferable.

Best regards
    Erik

My personal experiences with EVF come from Sony RX-1 and Olympus OMD-EM1. Sure it's all about trade-offs. For me, the most important plus is quick control of exposure compensation and (for manual lenses) focus control. With the Leica S you have to do this with LV on a tripod which is for most landscape photography a non-issue. The vibration issue is a concern, even with MLU for some MF cameras with FPS, this is a clear plus for the XD1. For composition, the OVF is way better. And last but not least, the mere viewing experience, I am an amateur and enjoy the process of photography, it is not all only about functionality. Therefore, my tendency has been different. I appreciate OVF even more after using EVF a longer time. On the other hand, I did not have the chance to use de Leica SL yet.

If the Fuji really has a better EVF (4 MP and better refresh rate) than the XD1, this would be a big selling point for them … again, lets wait for first X1D tests with "final" firmware

Post Thanks / Like

X1D manual in English is out. Indication for delivery getting closer!
    http://www.hasselblad.com/x-system/x1d-50c (under download)

Post Thanks / Like

I checked with Neill. He's getting it from the US.

From a LuLa thread:

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jvpictures View Post
    X1D-50c - Hasselblad (under download)
    Thanks for the link. GPS seems conspicuous by its absence. It's mentioned in the original spec sheet but not in the manual. Capture rate shown as "TBD" in manual and as 1.7 - 2.3 frames per second in original spec. I'm scanning the manual for other obvious changes from the announcement.

Joe
    Last edited by Joe Colson; 8th October 2016 at 07:21. Reason: Added capture rate reference

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Ming. I've just used an X1D this week. While I was never an EVF fan, I could probably deal with this one to get this level of portability and image quality. My eyes were affected by color tearing with the Leica Q EVF and while the SL EVF is nice, the ergonomics of that camera are not very good. The X1D is absolutely spot on in terms of the hardware design - you can hold it and shoot it in one hand if you want without any fatigue for the whole day. It's a beautifully executed piece of hardware - body and lenses. I am an M9 shooter and it's scarily close in all dimensions to that camera (except for a bit more height, which is welcome).

Honestly, at this point it's not the EVF which concerns me the most, but the fluidity, stability and overall operating speed of the firmware, which is wholly inadequate at the moment. This is clearly why they're holding back delivery until mid- to late-November.

ACG

"The EVF. Itís good enough Ė no, not as good as the Leica SL, but I honestly donít see that much of a difference between this and my Leica Q in terms of detail, either. Refresh rate is a little bit lower, but comparable to the M4/3 cameras in the normal speed setting, significantly faster than the H6ís live view, and another planet from the H5ís live view. It needs contrast and brightness adjustment, but thatís coming in future firmware."

We'll see.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Joe Wrote --->>>"I'm scanning the manual for other obvious changes from the announcement"<<<

I assume both political parties here in the States are feverously doing the exact same thing. Looking for those morsels of discrepancies...LOL!

Actually anytime a camera like this and eventually the Fuji are about to be released, its an exciting time to read, then test, dissect and share every aspect to get a jump of usability, strengths, weaknesses, bugs and of course ideas on extracting the most performance from the system. That's part of the excitement and anticipation of course. As for GPS, it's hard to imagine it will be ignored, especially that this camera begs to be used as a serious travel camera/system.

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link. GPS seems conspicuous by its absence. It's mentioned in the original spec sheet but not in the manual. Capture rate shown as "TBD" in manual and as 1.7 - 2.3 frames per second in original spec. I'm scanning the manual for other obvious changes from the announcement.

Joe
    Joe, it seems now is the time to get a Bad Elf and be done with it. Excellent little device that rapidly acquires sometimes up to 15 sats.

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized for the $26000 cost of upgrading my IQ180 to the IQ3-100 I could buy TWO X1D bodies and the 30mm, 45mm and 90mm lenses. ($27000 list). And I'd still own the IQ180. Seems like a no brainer.

Phase One upgrade pricing is a rip off

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Or you could buy a hundred iPhones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stephengilbert View Post
    Or you could buy a hundred iPhones.
    Where do you find a $270 iPhone ?

Post Thanks / Like

No auto ISO!

I did not even know that was a thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    I just realized for the $26000 cost of upgrading my IQ180 to the IQ3-100 I could buy TWO X1D bodies and the 30mm, 45mm and 90mm lenses. ($27000 list). And I'd still own the IQ180. Seems like a no brainer
    I did the same analysis and came to a similar conclusion on upgrading my IQ 180.

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized for the $26000 cost of upgrading my IQ180 to the IQ3-100 I could buy TWO X1D bodies and the 30mm, 45mm and 90mm lenses. ($27000 list). And I'd still own the IQ180. Seems like a no brainer.

True dat. I'd upgrade in a flash if the price wasn't in fantasy territory. I think Phase are in the death loop: their prices are too high to create the volume sales that would allow economies of scale that would allow reasonable production costs that could lower sales costs and create more volume. Soon their only customers will be high end repro and Andreas Gursky.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Lundqvist View Post
    No auto ISO!

I did not even know that was a thing.

Auto ISO is on page ten of the manual... and GPS is still on the spec sheet on Hasselblad's website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by algrove View Post
    Joe, it seems now is the time to get a Bad Elf and be done with it. Excellent little device that rapidly acquires sometimes up to 15 sats.
    This is the Bad Elf:

I guess the idea is you record your location into your cell phone instead of your camera.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jvpictures View Post
    http://www.hasselblad.com/x-system/x1d-50c (under download)
    I really appreciate you posting this, but at the same time I wish you had not. My GAS just got real.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by steve_cor View Post
    This is the Bad Elf:

I guess the idea is you record your location into your cell phone instead of your camera.
    Thanks Lou and Steve. I've been "experimenting" with GPS since 2007 when I was shooting with a Nikon. I even designed and built my own GPS accessory that connected to the Nikon 10-pin connector.

It's simple tech and the parts cost in 2007 was less than $100 (USD). I don't understand why any maker would opt out of including built-in GPS. It's not a deal breaker, but it is a disappointment. I was spoiled with the Leica S Type 006.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent little device that rapidly acquires sometimes up to 15 sats.
    That's quite an accomplishment.

Given that there are only 24 operational satellites in the system, distributed evenly around the planet...

No more than 12 would be above the horizon from any point on the surface.

- Leigh

Ref: http://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/space/

Post Thanks / Like

Except that you now need to carry and maintain two systems. Good luck with that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by voidshatter View Post
    Except that you now need to carry and maintain two systems. Good luck with that!
    no I'd not need the IQ. Jesus man use your brain

Post Thanks / Like

no I'd not need the IQ. Jesus man use your brain
    My brain isn't working at the moment... If you don't need the IQ180, what do you keep your IQ180 for? For further depreciation over time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

According to Ming Thein:

At this point, Iíve been told that a decision has been made to reorganise the production facility to cope with much higher volumes than were initially anticipated (even so, the back order list is expected to extend into early next year). This reorganisation is currently in progress and means delivery of the first cameras is now expected late November. Just passing along what I know.
    More here. Don't shoot the messenger.

Joe

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lou and Steve. I've been "experimenting" with GPS since 2007 when I was shooting with a Nikon. I even designed and built my own GPS accessory that connected to the Nikon 10-pin connector.

It's simple tech and the parts cost in 2007 was less than $100 (USD). I don't understand why any maker would opt out of including built-in GPS. It's not a deal breaker, but it is a disappointment. I was spoiled with the Leica S Type 006.

Joe
    Wow that is so cool Joe. No doubt you know a zillion times more than I do in electronics and developing products, but in the late 1970's, while doing a considerable amt of color printing at home, a friend and myself following general ideas and schematics, in Popular Electonics magazine, hand built from decrete components, a color analyzer for my color enlarger. It worked great and I still believe I have it somewheres (and if so would post a picture).

What do you say we combine our skills and build/ market a competitive medium format camera incoporating our electronics and everyones needs and wants in such a body. Think we have a chance? LOL.

Joe is it possible that no matter how small the circuitry is for GPS, they simply couldn't fit it in the body without sacrificing its small form factor?

Interesting Video and certainly adds to the enticement and desirabilty of this system, assuming it performs as most hope it will for their particular needs.

Dave (D&A)
    Last edited by D&A; 8th October 2016 at 15:39.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe colson View Post
    according to ming thein:

More here. Don't shoot the messenger.

Joe
    bang bang!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    Think we have a chance? LOL.
    Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    Joe is it possible that no matter how small the circuitry is for GPS, they simply couldn't fit it in the body without sacrificing its small form factor?
    I think it may have more to do with power consumption than with size. And the GPS active element needs to be positioned at or near the top of the camera body (the Leica S Type 006 had its GPS protruding from the top of the body) to maximize the reception of satellite signals. In the sleek X1D body, it just may not work. We'll know soon enough. Or not soon enough for some.

Joe