The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D

cerett

Hi Vivek,

The Billingham bag is not included in the X1D's in-box.

Here is the full details on all the prices of X1D and its accessories:

hasselblad.com/products/x1d-pricing-information

// The Hasselblad team
Thank you so much for participating in this forum and I wish the entire team the best going forward.

V

Vivek

Hulyss, thanks for that info. Have you seen the MTF? Reason I ask is I went to the HB site and could not find much. If the MTF's are available I'd certainly like a gander.
Regards,
John
Ming Thein's blog (i posted a link earlier) has mtf data on the two announced lenses (not the 30).

darr

I will be moving some gear in the near future to get a X1D system.

I have been using the CFV-50c with a Flexbody and 501 for almost two years. The Flexbody has been getting a lot of use in the studio (works great for macro setup with tubes and the 120 CFi), but I need an upgrade for portraiture and the X1D will satisfy this and then some. Kudos for keeping it leaf shutter and for adding the ability to use the excellent Nikon speedlight system.

Since Hasselblad is reading through these posts, please know that I have been using your cameras since the early 80s, and I never lost my love for them. I am so happy to see that beautiful logo on this impressive MF game changer! :salute:

Kind regards,
Darr

vjbelle

hi,

no focus peaking, really ? please tell me this is not true. i was very close to upgrade my aging h3d2 but to offer a mirrorless mf camera without the features that makes mirrorless superior in many ways is a bad joke.
When I had my A7Rll I found that focus peaking never got me the accuracy that 100% magnification got me. I would be close but to get really in focus I needed magnification. Just me...... if you need peaking I guess its not there.

Victor

Hulyss Bowman

Hulyss, thanks for that info. Have you seen the MTF? Reason I ask is I went to the HB site and could not find much. If the MTF's are available I'd certainly like a gander.
Regards,
John
No I do not but I have the info from an Hasselblad country CEo. He also "fear" (ironic sense) that this lens will make more ppl jump in the X platform band wagon. "They did better than they thought".

The details will be available around photokina.

anGy

I’m above all an epicurean and opportunistic photographer and strongly feel the good vibes of this camera. It spreads pulses like a sonar :eek:

cerett

When I had my A7Rll I found that focus peaking never got me the accuracy that 100% magnification got me. I would be close but to get really in focus I needed magnification. Just me...... if you need peaking I guess its not there.

Victor
I agree and have found focus peaking to be somewhat annoying and really confusing. Magnification, at least for me, works much better.

tcdeveau

Hi TJV,

Great to hear. Here are some of the answers I can give at this very moment. All of our Swedish engineers are already gone celebrating the Swedish Midsummer - the biggest Swedish holiday during the year here in Sweden :D

1: Will the HTS 1.5 work with the X1D and H lens adaptor, and will adjustments be transmitted to metadata for automatic corrections in Phocus? - Yes, it is in the plan. If it works fine without compromising optical and image quality, the feature will be introduced.

2: Is there plans to impliment an electronic shutter feature so that people may take the liberty of using the X1D on such platforms as the Cambo Actus, or indeed adapting third party lenses without leaf shutters? - No, X1D will work only with the new XCD lenses or with all the existing HC/HCD lenses using the adapter. This is mainly to secure the the highest possible image quality which is key for Hasselblad.

3: Is the refresh rate of the live view feed in the EVF 30fps, and is this specification limited by the capacity of the sensor itself in that it can't output any quicker and retain the same level of detail? - X1D EVF performance is outstanding, no need for any quicker rates in here. There are EVFs out there with higher fps but the actual performance does not live up to Hasselblad quality standards. We suggest to book a demo and check out EVF's performance on your own at www.hasselblad.com/x1d

4: Can you please confirm here that the autofocus point can be moved across all areas of the sensor area? - It will, yes. At this stage it is central single focus point, but we are about to launch selectable single focus point feature.

5: Lastly, does the X1D have a focus peaking function to aid in manual focusing and checking the precise focus point? - Autofocus metering via contrast detection with instant manual focus override.

I hope this helps!

// The Hasselblad team
Glad to hear Hasselblad chiming in again on the forums and best of luck to them with the new camera launch. I'm loving the news regarding point 4 and selectable single focus point. I also wonder if we get focus point magnification with manual focus override like on other mirrorless systems as others have...I really hope they implement that because I've become dependent on magnification with my A7R and X-T1.

Interesting to hear more about the 30mm and that it may outperform the 28mm HCD.

tcdeveau

I agree and have found focus peaking to be somewhat annoying and really confusing. Magnification, at least for me, works much better.
Same here. Focus magnfication has been much more reliable in my hands than focus peaking. A selectable focus point with magnification is all I need, focus peaking is a nice feature but not anything I'm dependent on.

If Hasselblad is listening then the thing that needs repeating here is... 70mm f2, 70mm f2, 70mm f2, 70mm f2!!! Where have all the fast normals gone? The entire wedding industry is captivated by the Contax 80mm f2 and there is nothing in a modern MFD system to replace it. Nikon saw this and came up with the 58mm 1.4. Lets see if Hasselbald can do better.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
The entire wedding industry is captivated by the Contax 80mm f2 and there is nothing in a modern MFD system to replace it.
I just used a converted Contax 80/2 at a wedding last week on an XF IQ3 100mp. I agree; I'd love to see a modern AF version of this lens, preferably with a leaf shutter. The 80/2 was designed for full frame 645, so a 60mm f/1.7 or similar for the X1D sensor size would be a rough equivalent. Such a lens would be a great asset for this system! It will be interesting to see what they do after they get out the mandatory long/normal/wide starter lenses.

JeRuFo

Is there any news on the type of look the new lenses will have? Will they be like mini HC(D) lenses or will they have a look all of their own? If we are not allowed to judge optimal image quality ourselves and are confined to the Hasselblad line-up of lenses without an electronic shutter it is nice to know what the new lenses are designed for. The focal length of the first two lenses are very well chosen, but with Hasselblad keeping the system as closed off as possible (frankly the worst decision ever made since digital cameras came around) the pressure will be on them to produce a full line-up fast, because the HC lenses are hard to take seriously as an alternative and are obviously way too big for a camera like this and negates all the weight and space saving the body does.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Glad to hear Hasselblad chiming in again on the forums and best of luck to them with the new camera launch.
+1

Glad to see you here, please keep coming back, and best wishes on your August/September launch! Loved the presentation of your CEO by the way.

Lucille

Victor

I agree, and I don't understand why this is the case. One thing that made it more accurate was to turn down the peaking levels but even then it wasn't a sure thing.

My Sony RX1 it is very accurate, yet on all my A7 bodies it is exactly as you state.

hcubell

If Hasselblad is listening then the thing that needs repeating here is... 70mm f2, 70mm f2, 70mm f2, 70mm f2!!! Where have all the fast normals gone? The entire wedding industry is captivated by the Contax 80mm f2 and there is nothing in a modern MFD system to replace it. Nikon saw this and came up with the 58mm 1.4. Lets see if Hasselbald can do better.
Fast lenses are inevitably much bigger and heavier than slower lenses, and are not really in keeping with the form factor of X1D. A major design objective with the X1D was small, light and portable. The initial lenses are slower and smallish. I hope Hasselblad sticks with the plan. However, I suppose it may be possible to produce a "normal" f/2 lens that would not overwhelm the body. I have the HC 100 f/2.2 and its not huge.

algrove

I have now read through this thread. So why is the 51MP sensor in a smallish body at US$9K with few lens choices today such a big deal over a 42MP sensor in an even smaller body at US$3K with tons of current lens choices?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I have now read through this thread. So why is the 51MP sensor in a smallish body at US$9K with few lens choices today such a big deal over a 42MP sensor in an even smaller body at US$3K with tons of current lens choices?
Probably for the same reason why the US$3K camera with the 42MP smaller sensor in a smaller body is a big deal over its little brother with an even smaller 24MP sensor in an even smaller body at US$1K and with an even larger selection of lenses.

V

Vivek

Lou, It is a game changer that has already exceeded the expectations of many (you should have noted that if you have read the whole thread).

djonesii

Workshop Member
I've been all over the photographic spectrum, hands down, bar none, when you want TONALITY, and DOF control, medium format is unparalleled.

Yes, it is unquestionably worth the money the first time you see a really big file in capture one.

That translates to prints. To actually get this quality, OCD helps!

Sold of my MF kit a ways back, and I still miss it. As Guy quotes, Abandon hope all ....."

Dave