The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D

CSP

Anyone can miss a deadline, hell, I've done it myself more than once.

What I find puzzling is that Hasselblad can introduce such an exciting camera and yet miss or overlook the importance of a simple cabled release.

this camera is not made for enthusiastic photographers amateurs or pros it is made for the rich where a h6 is to large for the small trunks of their porsche and ferraris. not having a cable release is a
minor issue but not having a working hc lens adapter ready is telling.

this camera is not made for enthusiastic photographers amateurs or pros it is made for the rich where a h6 is to large for the small trunks of their porsche and ferraris. not having a cable release is a
Thanks for reminding me. I have to buy a new ferrari to color coordinate with my X1D.

PeterA

The photographer who is doing some work for me making pics of a property I am selling drives a C4S. He fits his whole kit into one carry case that fits perfectly in the front compartment of his Porsche.

Godfrey

Funny that the X1D is one of the least expensive MFD cameras ... :toocool:

G

CSP

Funny that the X1D is one of the least expensive MFD cameras ... :toocool:

G

of course it can not be so expensive the x1d does not have this extravagant design and luxury materials which hasselblad was famous for in the past years.......

Godfrey

of course it can not be so expensive the x1d does not have this extravagant design and luxury materials which hasselblad was famous for in the past years.......
I think you missed my point ... :angel:

Aside from that, the fact is that an EVF/LCD imaging system allows for a great simplification of the body's mechanicals, since there's no need for the complexity of the swinging reflex mirror. But there's no evidence that Hasselblad is building the X1D to any less an "extravagant design and luxury material" standard than they did any of their other modern cameras. The early demo prototypes I held and played with when I saw the camera back around the announcement date were beautifully finished using very nice materials. They were every bit as nicely finished as the Leica SL, which is beautifully extravagant and made of luxury materials (real metal everywhere...).

G

Nick-T

Oh I should cancel my order then...

Why do you say there is no HC adaptor? The one I saw was working according to the product manager. I'll email and tell him he's wrong.

I can also tell him to cancel the question that was put to R&D about a wired cable release if you like.

algrove

Jeff buying the X1D with two lenses is a small investment and a no brainer, buying a 100 MP system that's not fully functional from P1, H or L is another story. These companies need to listen to their users and give them the features that they need when the features are reasonable on the higher end products they are offering. Firmware updates are a joke, it's marketing BS, firmware updates fixing bugs are important but firmware updates that are promises from past experience rarely are delivered.
My recent experience from P1 with the 100MP was nothing short of terrific. Ordered and received it in less than 4 weeks along with XF and a bunch of blue lenses. Sure seemed to work right out of the box and have only seen one FW update which made little or no difference to me. Have been on 3 longish trips with it and the images just keep coming. The rendering puts it in a very different category than the Pentax 50MP, which it should. Combined with C1 it is a very complete package.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The photographer who is doing some work for me making pics of a property I am selling drives a C4S. He fits his whole kit into one carry case that fits perfectly in the front compartment of his Porsche.
I could fit an entire Phase One XF outfit with all lenses, plus the Alpa plus my Sony A7RII mirrorless system into the trunk of my 911, or even the F355 I had before that. :cool:

They just wouldn't fit in F-Stop backpacks!

PeterA

I could fit an entire Phase One XF outfit with all lenses, plus the Alpa plus my Sony A7RII mirrorless system into the trunk of my 911, or even the F355 I had before that. :cool:

They just wouldn't fit in F-Stop backpacks!

I buy Porsches that match the colour of my cameras Graham ;)

CSP

Oh I should cancel my order then...

Why do you say there is no HC adaptor? The one I saw was working according to the product manager. I'll email and tell him he's wrong.
now i wonder what causes that no one is able to say something about the performance of this adapter or when it will be available ...but let me guess the firmware is not finished right ?

It finally happened, I'm slightly mad
Oh dear

Enough of Queen and let's talk about my hands on demo with the X1D. I'll keep it short as I blogged about it here. and it was still a pre-production unit so not much new to report.

- Hasselblad rep did say that a USB cable release was likely in the works.
- Hasselblad rep claimed that 15th of September is not a confirmed release date. What they have is mid, to end of September.
- camera feels great
- not sure about the lenses when it comes to bokeh and out of focus area
- I want it more than ever

tcdeveau

now i wonder what causes that no one is able to say something about the performance of this adapter or when it will be available ...but let me guess the firmware is not finished right ?
I think they are still finalizing the hardware. At the preview I attended a month ago, I asked about stress on the lens mounts that could be caused with the use of heavier H lenses (such as the 35-90mm, 50-110mm, HTS/H combos, etc). The Hasselblad rep said that they are hoping to build in a tripod mount to the XH adapter, which current prototypes do not have, at least judging from the few pictures I have seen. This would help take stress of the lens mounts when using heavier H lenses such as the 35-90mm HCD or other lens combos with the HTS 1.5 adapter.

Last edited:

BANKER1

I think they are still finalizing the hardware. At the preview I attended a month ago, I asked about stress on the lens mounts that could be caused with the use of heavier H lenses (such as the 35-90mm, 50-110mm, HTS/H combos, etc). The Hasselblad rep said that they are hoping to build in a tripod mount, which current prototypes do not have, at least judging from the few pictures I have seen. This would help take stress of the lens mounts when using heavier H lenses such as the 35-90mm HCD or other lens combos with the HTS 1.5 adapter.
If your scenario is correct, it will be next year before we see one camera shipped to customers. Hope you're wrong, because they should have hundreds of cameras built and only waiting on firmware to be completed.

Greg

tcdeveau

If your scenario is correct, it will be next year before we see one camera shipped to customers. Hope you're wrong, because they should have hundreds of cameras built and only waiting on firmware to be completed.

Greg
Sorry I wasn't more clear, but I was talking about the XH Adapter only for adapting H system lenses to the X1D, not the X1D camera hardware itself. As a 35-90mm owner, a tripod mount on the adapter would help me feel better about using heavier lens combos with the X1D without addition lens support.

CSP

I think they are still finalizing the hardware. At the preview I attended a month ago, I asked about stress on the lens mounts that could be caused with the use of heavier H lenses (such as the 35-90mm, 50-110mm, HTS/H combos, etc). The Hasselblad rep said that they are hoping to build in a tripod mount, which current prototypes do not have, at least judging from the few pictures I have seen. This would help take stress of the lens mounts when using heavier H lenses such as the 35-90mm HCD or other lens combos with the HTS 1.5 adapter.
thank´s i have already given up ordering this camera because i intend it to use it with HC lenses i need for my work and before placing an order i need to know how it performs. i´m really clueless what drives this companies to acts like clowns who launch their first product.