The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D

algrove

Called Samy's Camera in CA and a person familiar with the H1D told me there is no o-ring on the lenses he has handled.

It's a lovely piece. I'm holding out hopes for a 20-24mm lens.
Not buying right now, though... and it has nothing to do with the X1D, which I've already decided would suit me very well.

No, I've just been having too much fun buying stuff for my new car: bought an even nicer set of wheels, new tires, and am looking at what it's going to take to upgrade the fancy high end stereo system for Bluetooth and access to my iPhone for audio streaming and telephone calls. There are more new toys to enjoy than just new cameras, eh? :)

G
Picture proof please :)

I certainly like the look of it. My concerns now turn to flash protocols and software and Hassy having Nikon protocol for flash is a big advantage as I just need to switch a trigger out at 50 dollars and just get a Godox Nikon unit which is less than 200. Fuji is a problem as no Fuji triggers for my Godox system. My other big problem is software. I do not like Lightroom but I have tried Phocus and i can work with that pretty good plus tethered work. Fuji I'm just not sure about. I know one thing I'm going to sit back on these choices. I honestly love the look of the Hassy but the Fuji maybe more flexible . What I would like to hear from Hassy is some hard timelines on lenses and accessories. I need to know what's coming before I invest. I'm a working Pro and my risks are high. I do hope folks take that in consideration as working Pros really need assurance on timelines , service, accessories and delivery. I'm not going to be left holding coal in my hands. So both companies need to vie for my money and others as well. No more cat and mouse we need to know what is in the works. This is not a marketing game.
I was using a couple of Godox WITSTRO 180/360 units with my X-Pro2/X-T1 until last week. The triggers worked fine. You sure your Godox triggers won't work on a Fuji?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I was using a couple of Godox WITSTRO 180/360 units with my X-Pro2/X-T1 until last week. The triggers worked fine. You sure your Godox triggers won't work on a Fuji?
Don't know yet, no Fujis around to try it. I have version II so the receivers are built in AD360 and they have triggers for Canon, Nikon and Sony but not the Fuji . These are the XT1 units

Jan

... am looking at what it's going to take to upgrade the fancy high end stereo system for Bluetooth and access to my iPhone for audio streaming and telephone calls. There are more new toys to enjoy than just new cameras, eh? :)

G
Great form factor camera which is made for my small hands and indeed a realistic replacement for the SWC + DB I was hoping for.

Re. your stereo system, it is already fancy or are you looking for something fancy? The one built-in in my car has all the connectivity options standard onboard and by all means is nothing fancy, i.e. high-end.

Godfrey

Great form factor camera which is made for my small hands and indeed a realistic replacement for the SWC + DB I was hoping for.
Yup!

Re. your stereo system, it is already fancy or are you looking for something fancy? The one built-in in my car has all the connectivity options standard onboard and by all means is nothing fancy, i.e. high-end.
My 'new' car is a 2006 Mercedes SLK 280. It has what was then the high-end audio option minus a couple of the features (integrated COMAND AGW control, Harmon Kardon 11-speaker surround-sound system with MOST digital optical network connectivity, multi-CD changer, Satellite radio connectivity, and GPS maps; no NAV, no cell phone). Bluetooth and audio streaming was just coming out in cars about then (my 2006 Prius had it) but wasn't in this system.

I'm updating it with a mObridge "M2.Pro MOST" unit. This replaces the CD changer (which I'll never use) with a box that provides Bluetooth and USB connectivity and integrates modern iOS and Android telephone and audio streaming into the existing COMAND AGW control system. It lets me keep all the nice sound system and integrated features/controls (on dash, in steering wheel, etc) while giving me access to modern connectivity and comm systems.

It's fun to be geeky about cars again for a time. :angel:

G

fotophil

The x1d with the new 30mm lens will be 13mm longer than shown. That will as close to a modern SWC as we'll get. It would be all I need after hitting the lotto.
Very impressive photo of the X1D - it sort of puts camera body size in perspective! Now I need to head to the lotto ticket store!!

hcubell

Very impressive photo of the X1D - it sort of puts camera body size in perspective! Now I need to head to the lotto ticket store!!
This photo tells me lots about the form factor of the X1D. Imagine her holding a Phase XF with a Phase 40-80 zoom that way.

29770022306_f08ff4e7f2_z.jpg

V

Vivek

I wish they made a True monochrome camera in that special edition instead of just a paint job.

hcubell

Here we go again...

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/hasselblad-x1d-shipment-postponed-til-november/

I suppose the good news is that we will now have the X1d and the Fuji GFX around at nearly the same time.

Can only imagine that they are encountering serious production issues. If it were just a function of demand, there would be small batches trickling out to customers.
We don't know what, if any, "issues" are delaying shipments. Anything is possible, but it's all idle speculation. If you were running Hasselblad, would you be more inclined to (a) start shipping the X1Ds to customers in early September with firmware that provided a more limited set of capabilities or (b) delay shipping till November but have the first batch of cameras in the hands of customers have a more complete set of capabilities? I think the latter. There are too many haters out there hanging out on the internet just waiting to jump on Hasselblad if the initial firmware for the X1D is at all crippled. And Fuji has already announced the GFX for delivery in early 2017, so that news has already filtered through and probably some preorders for the X1D cancelled. Things have probably settled out for the time being. However, if the initial reports on the X1D are a mixed bag (e.g., single point AF or no AF for HC lenses), there could very well be additional preorders cancelled.

Paratom

We don't know what, if any, "issues" are delaying shipments. Anything is possible, but it's all idle speculation. If you were running Hasselblad, would you be more inclined to (a) start shipping the X1Ds to customers in early September with firmware that provided a more limited set of capabilities or (b) delay shipping till November but have the first batch of cameras in the hands of customers have a more complete set of capabilities? I think the latter. There are too many haters out there hanging out on the internet just waiting to jump on Hasselblad if the initial firmware for the X1D is at all crippled. And Fuji has already announced the GFX for delivery in early 2017, so that news has already filtered through and probably some preorders for the X1D cancelled. Things have probably settled out for the time being. However, if the initial reports on the X1D are a mixed bag (e.g., single point AF or no AF for HC lenses), there could very well be additional preorders cancelled.
I agree it makes more sense to supply the camera not before it is fully working.
However it also doesnt give a good marketing to monthly delay it.

ddanois

Agreed.

I am a Hasselblad fan and can't wait to receive my X1D. My comments were more related to the fact that there is something significant holding up shipping this new product (whatever it is, it is...not meant to be sinister).

Having lived in the Private Equity world for many years, this situation is not uncommon. The costs of R&D for this new camera and the tooling for subcontractors can all contribute to delays. Additionally, I'm sure that the supply chain for this product has many constituents but the point is, they should have announced this as a new product with no forecast of a delivery timeframe. Many people sold existing camera kits in preparation for an early September delivery and would just like to know when pre-orders are going to be filled.

BTW, why would legitimate non-pro customers (who express their frustrations about these delays) be considered "haters"? If anything, this product was targeted specifically at people like me!