The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WOW!!! Now this guy has a kit!!!

torger

It's indeed a commercial, but I wouldn't call it boring. Commercials are interesting in the way it shows which image a company wants to associate with their products.

Although not being a Fan Boy of Phase One (using H'blad) but this behind the scenes report is definitely NOT boring. To the contrary, it shows how much effort by the massive material, staff members and gadgets were put in for such a commercial shoot; obviously backed with a big budget. And thus the results are stunning IMO.

I also was thinking that this could not have achieved so well with the rather slow MF camera systems (independent whether Phase or H) in terms of AF performance, FPS etc. if the shooter would not have been on the side vehicle following the race car. So well done Phase One!

MrSmith

“there is nothing that an SLR offers that a phase one XF does not have or isn’t a lot betterer” (sic)

:ROTFL:

if that was an ad in the uk it would be banned by the ASA.

V

Vivek

“there is nothing that an SLR offers that a phase one XF does not have or isn’t a lot betterer” (sic)

:ROTFL:

if that was an ad in the uk it would be banned by the ASA.
Why ban it when it makes it distinctly interesting? :LOL:

It's great to see a fellow photographer doing well. I really enjoyed the video and it was fun to observe how a photographer works on a big production shoot for a premium brand, like Porsche.

He does have some serious glass. I haven't added a waist level finder to my kit, but it's on my wish list...

I wonder if he was also using a gyro on the camera while shooting camera car to car?

So, this is the camera for real men, who do not whine about the weight of the body and lenses …

And certainly, the assistant has to go to the gym regularly to lift this aluminium case ….

CSP

So, this is the camera for real men, who do not whine about the weight of the body and lenses …

And certainly, the assistant has to go to the gym regularly to lift this aluminium case ….

phase marketing wants to impress their amateur clientele so they tell the fairy story of a photographer who carries all available phase one lenses on a set when he actually uses only one or two... so in real life i bet the assistant does not have to do the gym.....

Nick-T

I'd be surprised if that was all his gear, the LCD still had the QC sticker and protective plastic on it. More than likely loaner Phase kit for a set-up shoot.

algrove

So I guess I should take the stickers and cleaner covers off my Phase XF and DB so others do not think it is a loaner from PO.

rmueller

Simon Puschmann (http://simonpuschmann.com/) is a well known commercial photographer here in Germany. I believe he started his career shooting BMW commercials but now seems to cover all the major brands.
If he's not entirely stupid he can certainly afford to own this equipment but why should that make any difference?

BTS video is fun to watch IMO, who cares if its Phase or HB or whatever? Good advertising for PO though.

Regards,
Ralf

Forrest Black

Much more impressed with his lighting and production crew. His lighting budget probably cost more than his P1 XF kit. You could shove a similar P1 XF kit in my hands but without good lighting it is going to look like shite. That is what they conveniently leave out in camera ads.