The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H6d-100c or xf iq3100 for camera and tech cam use?

dchew

Isn't there potential rolling shutter issues with moving subjects with ES? I was kind of ecstatic about the news until I realised I don't actually own an IQ3 100! Maybe in 5 years I'll be able to afford an upgrade my Credo and keep life in my old Linhof.
Yes certainly rolling shutter is the main concern. I will have to test wind and water. Long water exposures shouldn't be an issue but shorter exposures might be.

Dave

modator

Hello,
I personally test the H6D-100c in photokina, my visit to Hasselblad studio was focused around the new H6 system, live view, display, video, and about the pixel quality as the new 100mpix pixels are smaller in size than the 50mpix one.
I was astonished by the quality of the shot made at ISO 12800 without flash and underexposed to check the noise in shadows etc.

https://www.facebook.com/domenico.rota.75/videos/vb.100005174940940/611868725662287/?type=2&theater#

Here's a little video I've made live with Facebook while I was there...

About the use with technical camera as I'm interested in, they said me the camera have all the connections needed and they made agreement and sharing od technology around the interface with ALPA that have the stand in front, now is possible to use H lens on ALPA tech camera and control them, also the back is powered from the ALPA camera and no need of external battery pack.

Substantially, for technical use now the H6D-100 have the same use and support (if not better) than the concurrence, and with some restriction the HTS 1,5 can stand, avoiding the use of tech camera in many situations.

I was very very pleased to see Hasselblad in so good shape and health (apparently), I see also P1 stand and tested the IQ1-100
the phase stand was very low profile in comparison, they have no english docs about their product.

Returning to Hasselblad, as I own an H5D-50c WiFi I didn't see a big step forward between, and I have decided to stay with 50CMOS that in all aspects for my needs is what I need, waiting the market stabilises, price drops as new products are arriving and improving in few Years.

Best regards, Domenico.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Isn't there potential rolling shutter issues with moving subjects with ES?
Most landscape scenes should be fine including ones with leaves or grass moving in the wind. Shots of city streets with passing cars will not be (unless you want a long shutter speed like 10")

Paul2660

Yes certainly rolling shutter is the main concern. I will have to test wind and water. Long water exposures shouldn't be an issue but shorter exposures might be.

Dave
No problems in light winds. The ability now to have a real shutter speed that I selected instead of 180th when 1/125 is asked for etc is priceless.

You actually have more control over the ES on a tech camera which I find a bit surprising.

Paul C

dchew

Yeah and finally we can record the aperture!
I've been thinking about all the little things this impacts when using a technical camera in the field:
  1. No more sync cable or cable release.
  2. I can take the photo immediately after live view. No moving the shutter bypass (or in my case forgetting to move the shutter bypass).
  3. 1/3 stop shutter increments.
  4. Accurate shutter times.
  5. Accurate shutter times longer than 1 sec. this was a big issue when stitching.
  6. Recording aperture in exif.
  7. Faster workflow.
  8. Dark frame control.
  9. No more concern about replacement copal 0 shutters.
  10. No more using iPhone timers for long shutter reminders.

I'm sure there is more. Pile on!

Dave