The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blue line series of lens

aztwang

So far I have heard that the blue line series has maybe tighter tolerances but optically the same as the previous series. I am curious does the say, 150 blue line focus any faster, less hunting etc? General opinions and comments welcomed on any thing "BLUE LINE"

Cheers

Don

Christopher

So far yes. What I can tell there is quite less sample variation. However, the 150 is good but still lacks quite a bit in terms of quality compared to the 150 2,8

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

That's interesting, Chris. I had the Mamiya 150 f2.8 (non LS) and it was superb. I sold it and got the Blue Ring 150 because the leaf shutter would give less vibration. In fact, I could have kept the Mamiya because the FP shutter with the XF is essentially vibration-free with MLU.

But I'm very happy with the BR 150 - it's a very sharp and I'm very happy with it.

Christopher

That's interesting, Chris. I had the Mamiya 150 f2.8 (non LS) and it was superb. I sold it and got the Blue Ring 150 because the leaf shutter would give less vibration. In fact, I could have kept the Mamiya because the FP shutter with the XF is essentially vibration-free with MLU.

But I'm very happy with the BR 150 - it's a very sharp and I'm very happy with it.
Its not a bad lens. My 150/2,8 is just sharper especially at the outside. Center is pretty close with the edge perhaps towards the 150/3,5 BR.

I just find it sad that some amazing lenses aren't there anymore. Or let's say not updated with tighter tolerance.

As much as i like the LS in the lenses, I have the feeling it's not as accurate as the FPS. It would be also great in terms of size and weight.

Look at the 80mm D. Could be a great travel lens. Another one is the 45D. If you get an amazing copy it is very close to the new 35. Mine is a great job from 5,6 onwards.