Site Sponsors

Thread: Blue line series of lens

Post Thanks / Like

Blue line series of lens

So far I have heard that the blue line series has maybe tighter tolerances but optically the same as the previous series. I am curious does the say, 150 blue line focus any faster, less hunting etc? General opinions and comments welcomed on any thing "BLUE LINE"

Cheers

Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Blue line series of lens

So far yes. What I can tell there is quite less sample variation. However, the 150 is good but still lacks quite a bit in terms of quality compared to the 150 2,8

Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That's interesting, Chris. I had the Mamiya 150 f2.8 (non LS) and it was superb. I sold it and got the Blue Ring 150 because the leaf shutter would give less vibration. In fact, I could have kept the Mamiya because the FP shutter with the XF is essentially vibration-free with MLU.

But I'm very happy with the BR 150 - it's a very sharp and I'm very happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post
    That's interesting, Chris. I had the Mamiya 150 f2.8 (non LS) and it was superb. I sold it and got the Blue Ring 150 because the leaf shutter would give less vibration. In fact, I could have kept the Mamiya because the FP shutter with the XF is essentially vibration-free with MLU.

But I'm very happy with the BR 150 - it's a very sharp and I'm very happy with it.
    Its not a bad lens. My 150/2,8 is just sharper especially at the outside. Center is pretty close with the edge perhaps towards the 150/3,5 BR.

I just find it sad that some amazing lenses aren't there anymore. Or let's say not updated with tighter tolerance.

As much as i like the LS in the lenses, I have the feeling it's not as accurate as the FPS. It would be also great in terms of size and weight.

Look at the 80mm D. Could be a great travel lens. Another one is the 45D. If you get an amazing copy it is very close to the new 35. Mine is a great job from 5,6 onwards.
    Christopher Hauser
    My iPhone / iPad Apps
    http://www.hauser-photoart.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post