Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hasselblad - CFV50c Version II - possbile?

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad - CFV50c Version II - possbile?

Does somebody read or hear something that Hasselblad will upgrade the actual CFV System?
    [ no picture ]
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad - CFV50c Version II - possbile?

I've heard from someone that said he was told by a Hasselblad dealer that they will discontinue the CFV, that is CFV-50c is unfortunately the last back. I haven't heard anything official though. I would guess that the market is still there for at least one more generation, but maybe they want to focus their efforts on the new X1D system. They're a small company and they can only support that many products.

Losing the CFV I think is a great loss not only for the V system, but also because it's the most affordable way to get a new digital back for a tech cam.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I heard a different story!
    Frans Rutten

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    I heard a different story!
    Intriguing, any details?

My source is like "I heard someone that said that someone said", so it's certainly not all that reliable. It sounds quite likely though, and even if I hadn't heard anything my guess would be that CFV-50c is indeed the last CFV. I would absolutely love to be wrong though.

Post Thanks / Like

One report I read recently suggested the CFV-50c was the best selling product in Hasselblad's entire portfolio last year. I have no way of knowing whether that is true, or whether it's just more internet gossip, but the empirical evidence - routine backlogs of the back during the months after the price drop last October - would at the very least suggest high demand.

And if that's the case, it's hard for me to fathom that the current management team would kill it. Unlike some of their predecessors, they seem pretty thoughtful and grounded.

My bet is that we'll see an updated version at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by torger View Post
    Intriguing, any details?
    I could give more details of what i have heard, but would that carry any weight? Please do not take this personally, but I am quite done with doom scenarios for Hasselblad.
    I really believe that they are 100% committed to photography again.
    Frans Rutten

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    I could give more details of what i have heard, but would that carry any weight? Please do not take this personally, but I am quite done with doom scenarios for Hasselblad.
    I really believe that they are 100% committed to photography again.
    Sure it would carry weight, say if you heard it from a Hasselblad representative that there is more CFV products to come for example.

Why would discontinuing the CFV be a doom scenario for Hasselblad, I don't understand? It's quite logical. They've introduced a new camera X1D and they can't hold on to the V system forever, the camera body and lenses have been discontinued for years. Letting the CFV go would be normal business strategy. Being devoted to photography doesn't mean that they need to be devoted to historical products.

However the CFV-50c does seem to have been a very successful product, thanks to the combination of a competitive price point and the CMOS features, so the market is probably there for still some time if they want to invest there, and as said tech cam users love to have this option, but bear in mind the CFV-50c was made for the V system, that it's a great tech cam option (minus the known Sony CMOS issues with wide angles, but that's a problem with all backs with that sensor) is probably just a coincidence considering Hasselblad's very low interest in tech cams. Hopefully that have changed though.

A "CFV-50c II" seems to some extent more likely than a CFV-100c though, as the latter would probably be too expensive for the segment.

Post Thanks / Like

Local distributors here are selling off their demo unit, which usually indicates something else is either on the way or it's simply end of line.
    Personally, I can't imagine they'll kill it off. I think they'll just keep the case and sensor, but upgrade it with the new interface which R&D has already paid for for the H and X cameras. More products with the same sensor and internal parts means overall cheaper production, afterall.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see it. Since there's only one 50MP CMOS chip, what would a CFV-50C MK II bring to the party ?

What about a CFV-100C ? Don't see that either. How many V-system owners are going to shell out $20k+ for a DB. The great thing about the CFV-50C was its price-point.

I think H/B will keep their line lean, after all there are only two sensors anyone looking to buy a new DB is interested in - the 50MP CMOS and the 100MP CMOS. Phase One's line is bloated because they have inventory to clear in the CCD line. Once that's gone, like Hasselblad, they'll just offer two sensors - the 50 and the 100.

Jim

OT: Whatever happened to Leaf ? Are they going to do anything with the 100MP sensor, or is the only (100MP) option for the budget conscious photographer the H6D-100C ?

Post Thanks / Like

What would it bring yo the table? Same great performance but with far better interface; decent live view refresh rate for tech camera, wide open focus checking and a far better screen resolution. Seems like a no brainer to me. Of course I'd prefer the 100mpx version...

Quote Originally Posted by f8orbust View Post
    I don't see it. Since there's only one 50MP CMOS chip, what would a CFV-50C MK II bring to the party ?

What about a CFV-100C ? Don't see that either. How many V-system owners are going to shell out $20k+ for a DB. The great thing about the CFV-50C was its price-point.

I think H/B will keep their line lean, after all there are only two sensors anyone looking to buy a new DB is interested in - the 50MP CMOS and the 100MP CMOS. Phase One's line is bloated because they have inventory to clear in the CCD line. Once that's gone, like Hasselblad, they'll just offer two sensors - the 50 and the 100.

Jim

OT: Whatever happened to Leaf ? Are they going to do anything with the 100MP sensor, or is the only (100MP) option for the budget conscious photographer the H6D-100C ?

Post Thanks / Like

The CFV is not being discontinued.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here in Germany , two of the big dealers for professional equipment , have marked the HASSELBLAD CFV50c as
    NO LONGER AVAILABLE .
    An other big dealer offers two exclusive sets . AH28LB , which stands for ALPA (STC) + HASSELBLAD CFV50c + 28mm Long Barrel
    and AHTS40 ALPA (STC) + HASSELBLAD CFV50c + 40mm TILT SHIFT .
    Both sets 1200€ cheaper as if the components are bought seperately .
    Is this selling the last available CFV50c units ?
    A loss of HASSELBLADs CFV50c digital back will be a severe situation for ALPA , ARCA and CAMBO makers and users .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-T View Post
    Nick

I would wish , that you are right . But in the moment , I am very much in doubt .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

What about a CFV50c Version II with touch-screen - similar to H6D?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    What would it bring yo the table? Same great performance but with far better interface; decent live view refresh rate for tech camera, wide open focus checking and a far better screen resolution. Seems like a no brainer to me. Of course I'd prefer the 100mpx version...
    As nice as those things would be to have, I seriously doubt that enough people would take the $$ hit to move away from the CFV-50c for another back with the same IQ/MP.

Which leaves H/B looking for new users (the ‘holy grail’ of DB retail) for a CFV-50C MkII ... and I suspect most V-system users that wanted a D/B, have one by now.

IMO, it only makes sense to release a new DB when a new sensor appears; multiple incarnations of the same sensor on the same platform is just plain daft (look at P1/Leaf's product line, it's so bloated that it reminds me of this). H/Bs DB line-up of 50MP CMOS and 100MP CMOS on the H-platform, and 50MP CMOS on the V-platform looks shrewd in comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    Nick

I would wish , that you are right . But in the moment , I am very much in doubt .
    I am right
    www.nick-t.com
    http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am right
    I know!
    Frans Rutten

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad - CFV50c Version II - possbile? Some reflections…

Hi,

Hasselblad will make the CFV50c as long as it is profitable…

Due to the earthquake in Japan, I would guess that CMOS sensor supply is limited and the ones available go into more profitable/competitive products.

If there will be a second version depends on market analysis. If there is a business opportunity, then probably.

Will we see a full frame (645 back)? I am not so sure, it would take a lot of lenses to (or beyond) the limits and cost would be much higher.

Will we see fat pixel, 6x6cm backs? Not from Hasselblad, that is not where the market is moving. Some other vendor may do it using some different technology

Best regards
    Erik
    Last edited by ErikKaffehr; 7th August 2016 at 22:33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This is not a forgotten thread although there are no posts since 8 weeks .
    PHOTOKINA 2016 has ended two weeks ago and there was not the slightest hint for a "new" CFV50c .
    Are there any news on the CFV50c front which I have missed ? ? ?
    Regards . Jürgen .

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jürgen,

no there was nothing announced at photokina regarding the CFV50c. But quite honestly, with the given
    resources that Hasselblad has, I'd rather want them to bring the V1D concept into production.

The current CFV50c does its job well, it has life-view, the display is great and on par with H5D etc., not
    sure what people are missing here that would justify a CFV50c-II. Touch screen? We don't need it but
    well there might be folks that want it.

On the contrary, a CFV100c with the bigger sensor and 4k video might be attractive but i doubt it will
    come. In my opinion, the CFV's were always targeted for the ambitious amateur and the price point of
    a CFV100c might be well beyond of what those folks are willing to pay.

Just realized the CFV50c disappeared from the Hasselblad web site. That happened recently, i was checking
    this sometime two weeks ago. Either indicates there will be something new or end of CFV. Time will tell.

Just my 2 cents, now off to Italy for vacation. Will give you a call when I'm back in two weeks.

Regards,
    Ralf

This is not a forgotten thread although there are no posts since 8 weeks .
    PHOTOKINA 2016 has ended two weeks ago and there was not the slightest hint for a "new" CFV50c .
    Are there any news on the CFV50c front which I have missed ? ? ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hello Ralf

It looks as if you missed my post #12 . Please have a look .

Have a nice time in "Bella Italia" . I just returned from there and I can tell you , there is a dramatic weather change since .
    A pullover or anorak is highly recommended to keep your camera worm .
    Regards . Jürgen .

Post Thanks / Like

Noticed this in the FAQs section of H6D-100C on the HB website:

CFV-50c: will all H6D features be integrated into future CFV backs?

In the next revision of the CFV back the relevant and compatible features will be added.

So, who knows - maybe there will be another CFV back.

CFV-100 anyone ?

Post Thanks / Like

There is no way in heck this is the last V system back from Hasselblad, it is already too good and Hassy is fully back in the game. The price point of what ever comes next is the question though, I was already spoiled by it being sub 10K and really don't want to go much above that for the next iteration.

Either way, I will be very happy with the CFV50c if it is the last of it's kind, not even the least bit tempted by any other MFD back that is for sure, I use this on so many jobs now it is not even funny.

Name:  Fall_Sky.jpg
Views: 1471
Size:  766.4 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I am right
    Can we continue to dream about one day having a sensor in the vertical/portrait form, or even switchable ?

If the CFV is the biggest selling/earning product for Hasselblad, I don't understand why they have never developed the alternative view.

Can anyone direct me to a review of the CMOS version with regards to the assistance Live View brings to this kit? I bought a CFV-16 off Marc Williams, but my focus hit rate was less than 50%, so I sold it on. The files were fabulous though and I'd love to give the Live View version a go.

Gary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
    Can anyone direct me to a review of the CMOS version with regards to the assistance Live View brings to this kit? I bought a CFV-16 off Marc Williams, but my focus hit rate was less than 50%, so I sold it on. The files were fabulous though and I'd love to give the Live View version a go.

Gary.
    Hi!
    I have used the CVF-50c back since late 2014. The focusing is difficult but you get better. The tripod is your friend, get a good one. Live view is close to useless due to very low quality display. Files though are fantastic and when I hit focus makes my day. Focus bracketing helps.

Eric.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely an updated 50c with same sensor but new interface and screen in a no brainer? Pretty much zero RnD, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ericborgstrom View Post
    Live view is close to useless due to very low quality display.
    My review of it differs, I find live view while not ideal, to still be an invaluable tool at getting the job done. And a job is what this back has, not a toy but an income earning tool.

Here is what I wrote about it:

I specialize in commercial, editorial and fine art, I use both film and digital in 35mm, 120mm medium format and 4x5 in film only. I have been using the Hasselblad V system since 1988, some 28 years in my career, so when Hasselblad introduced this back at the non-discounted price point, I asked Hasselblad Bron for a demo to try out, I use it with a pair of 501CM bodies. I had it for about a week and used it on several paid shoots, got to know the limits of it and strengths as well. The primary factor for me to buy it was if it would at least equal my Nikon D810 in using the best glass I have in either system, if it did that then it would be worth it because I could then just use the V system on shoots that I really wanted to produce my black and white fine art with but needed to have a digital back for color.

Well it worked, in most cases it equaled or improved upon the image quality of my Nikon D810 and in the case of tonal range and color, exceeded it by quite a margin. So I purchased it directly from Hasselblad in the Fall of last year when the price promotion went into effect.

So here are the pros:

The back is compact, only a little bigger than a standard A12 or A24 back and gets a tad taller with the battery connected. The battery life is very good and spare batteries are fairly inexpensive so I have 5 batteries, have never needed more than two on a heavy shoot day with average use of live view. The integration into the system is flawless, I swap between film to digital to film and back again all day long and it is a breeze and I don't find the crop lines in the dedicated screen to confuse me at all. The fact that the sensor is so exposed may seem spooky at first but it is actually a blessing because it is by far the easiest sensor to keep clean, easy to get to, usually one swipe of an anti static brush or cloth is all that is needed. The image quality is excellent even at high ISO's and as mentioned before, even though on paper the dynamic range is less than a Nikon D810, in actual use it is considerably better with fantastic color quality right out of camera. The back also is great for really long exposures and the fact that the status light blinks during the exposure is a boon for knowing when to close the shutter without needing an external timer, if you set the back for 30" seconds, the sensor simply stops recording the image after that time even if you have left the shutter open longer. This makes for super consistent "B" setting times in post. The fact it is a cropped sensor might actually be a blessing as it really puts lenses to the test and for my commercial clients, they would not be using the images I give them in square anyway. I feel like I have two camera systems in one because of that. The menu and layout is pretty simple, there is a learning curve but it takes no time at all. I feel the RAW files do equally as well in LR5, ACR as they do in Phocus so one is not locked into proprietary software if they choose not to be.

The cons:

Using live view can be clunky and the refresh rate makes it to where if using it in daylight, you either have to stop down or do what I do and put on a polarizing or ND filter to not have the image wash out. Waiting a few seconds for the image to materialize can help in some cases, but most often it is washed out if no filter is used. Also, I am not sure why it does it but when using mirror pre-release, sometimes the back gets confused and does not detect the shutter going off and you get blank frames. I had it do this 4 times in a row during a magazine shoot and it really got on my nerves, I hope there is a firmware fix down the road. Speaking of mirror lockup, you will have to use it in a lot of cases with lenses longer than 100mm as mirror slap is a very real and potent threat to getting a sharp image on a lot of Hasselblad V cameras, it simply shows more at this crop factor and resolution. In addition to that, using a tripod or at least a monopod with lenses longer than 100mm is strongly recommended even at the top shutter speed of 1/500th. The CF card slot should be reversed from where it is now as the lip of the CF card is not easy to get to being closest to the hinge for the access door. I had to put a piece of tape on the non-lipped side of the card to create a false lip to grab it by when ejecting it. The back is not at all weather sealed at the CF card door so one has to be extra considerate of this fact when using the back in inclement weather or a dusty location, it is my only area of concern for this however as the rest seems to be fairly tight. As the back does not rotate, you will simply have to employ the use of a 90 degree prism in order to comfortably compose vertical images. This adds bulk and weight but it is the only option as using any other angle of view is simply far too counterintuitive to be of any real use in a vertical orientation. I strongly suggest a PME-90 as it has both a great meter and a built in diopter adjustment. And finally, focus is *critical* with this back so as clunky as live view can be to use, it really helps to confirm if your screen mounts are in spec and if your camera body is too. You pay thousands for a back like this, don't sell your self short in *thinking* it looks in focus, make 100% sure it is.

All this said, I simply love this back. It has made my 3 camera body, 9 lenses Hasselblad V system the most powerful and versatile I have and is a great thing, because that is why a lot of us chose the V system decades ago in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Germany , two of the big dealers for professional equipment , have marked the HASSELBLAD CFV50c as
    NO LONGER AVAILABLE .
    An other big dealer offers two exclusive sets . AH28LB , which stands for ALPA (STC) + HASSELBLAD CFV50c + 28mm Long Barrel
    and AHTS40 ALPA (STC) + HASSELBLAD CFV50c + 40mm TILT SHIFT .
    Both sets 1200€ cheaper as if the components are bought seperately .
    Is this selling the last available CFV50c units ?
    A loss of HASSELBLADs CFV50c digital back will be a severe situation for ALPA , ARCA and CAMBO makers and users .
    Actually I am considering these offers. I just can't make up my mind between the 28 and the 40. I would need a wide-angle of approximately 24mm equivalent on 35mm, so the 28 would do that, but then the 28 has limited shift capabalities and likely more issues (crosstalk etc.). It is seems to me that by shfting the 40 I could make up for the 28 and the 40 has the added bonus of coming in tilt mount.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, there may be a new version on the drawing board, but today I was informed by my Hasselblad representative the CFV-50c is discontinued but stock is still available. He says there has been no official statement by Hasselblad concerning this. But the unit is no longer listed on the Hasselblad home site. USA site still has it. Sorta puts me in a spot as I was going to buy one. I realize the warranty will still be serviced on existing and still to be sold units but where is that going to leave everyone after warranty expiration?
    Hasselblad needs to make a statement re-assuring owners that they will be taken care of in the future. Judging by all the chatter on the X1D, they need to make several statements!

Post Thanks / Like

The current model is coming to the end of it’s production life cycle but the CFV is NOT being discontinued.
    www.nick-t.com
    http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The current model is coming to the end of it’s production life cycle but the CFV is NOT being discontinued.
    A matter of semantics. I said the CFV-50c. Agree the CFV line will continue. Would you like to share the specs of the new CFV?
    I certainly hope it has a higher resolution LCD.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE Would you like to share the specs of the new CFV?
    [/QUOTE]

No I wouldn't and nor would my NDA.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE Would you like to share the specs of the new CFV?
    No I wouldn't and nor would my NDA.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'm in no hurry so I believe I will wait or buy a Phase.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good. The current CFV is no longer being listed on Hasselblad website. But now we know that a new CFV will be coming. Hope it will be a 100c full frame version.

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this on the Linhof & Studio website:

'The CFV50c is at present not available. It will be re launched with new features in 2017.'

So, sounds like there's life in the old dog yet. Wonder if it will stay at 50MP (with upgraded screen etc.) or go the whole hog and be relaunched as a 100MP back.

Would be great if it was the latter, priced at somewhere around the $15k mark.

Post Thanks / Like

An up-dated LCD would work for me. Everything else the same, including the price

Post Thanks / Like

The X1D and the CFV-50c share the same sensor, yet the performance / specifications of the sensor in the X1D are more advanced that in the CFV-50c. A relatively simple upgrade would be to bring the CFV-50c up to this level (i.e., CFV-50c II).

e.g., ... add video, ISO 12800 and 25600, maximum exposure time 60 minutes

Of course, we may wish for more, but the above would still satisfy the available evidence. Also, there is a precedent for this (i.e., CFV and CFV II)

:-) ... MomentsForZen (Richard)

Post Thanks / Like

Just returned from a Hasselblad Event at my local dealer. The HB rep confirmed there will be a new CFV50c coming
    sometime next year that has the same 50 MP CMOS sensor but with touch screen and other small enhancements.
    According to him, HB stopped production of the CFV50c mainly because they wanted to use all of the 50 MP CMOS
    sensors for the new X1D and they are running short of sensors. He did not confirm or deny a CFV100c.

OFF TOPIC: Got the chance to try the H6D-100, OMG that is just insane, aside from the >100MB raw file the level
    of detail in those images is just crazy.

Have a good weekend,
    Ralf
    Last edited by rmueller; 5th November 2016 at 07:45. Reason: typo
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Since P1 has introduced a 'budget' 100MP back, it would be nice if HB do the same. And, if they pitch it at the CFV line (CFV-100), they're not going to run the risk of hurting sales of the the H6D-100c. With so many V users out there - if priced appropriately - it would be difficult for it not to be a grand-slam-walk-off-home-run.

Perry ... are you reading this ?

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I got tired of waiting and asking for a decade for a built-in rotating sensor CFV back like Leaf for my V system. I used to throw tantrums every time HB came with another only-horizontal back for the best ever produced WLF camera.

Now, it doesn't matter anymore because....

In the meantime, hi-end FF35 cameras matched and probably surpassed the IQ of the lower crop sensor backs. Now, new cmos crop sensor cameras like the X1D and GFX will destroy the V camera with their new line of lenses ready for 100 mp.

So, what's left for the V system? As I see it, ONLY a new no-crop FF fat pixel cmos sensor would do. That would be the only way to get something good out of the now limited resolution of the once unsurpassed Zeiss CF glass. Now they are so-so performers. As usual, the problem would the high price.

If by some miracle this back shows up for under $10Kusd, I'll be sold in a nanosecond.

Eduardo

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
    Can we continue to dream about one day having a sensor in the vertical/portrait form, or even switchable ?

If the CFV is the biggest selling/earning product for Hasselblad, I don't understand why they have never developed the alternative view.

Gary.
    Last edited by Uaiomex; 5th November 2016 at 14:27.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uaiomex View Post
    I got tired of waiting and asking for a decade for a built-in rotating sensor CFV back like Leaf for my V system. I used to throw tantrums every time HB came with another only-horizontal back for the best ever produced WLF camera.

Now, it doesn't matter anymore because....

In the meantime, hi-end FF35 cameras matched and probably surpassed the IQ of the lower crop sensor backs. Now, new cmos crop sensor cameras like the X1D and GFX will destroy the V camera with their new line of lenses ready for 100 mp.

So, what's left for the V system? As I see it, ONLY a new no-crop FF fat pixel cmos sensor would do. That would be the only way to get something good out of the now limited resolution of the once unsurpassed Zeiss CF glass. Now they are so-so performers. As usual, the problem would the high price.

If by some miracle this back shows up for under $10Kusd, I'll be sold in a nanosecond.

Eduardo
    Plus Fujifilm has just made the best option for V lenses in the GFX with an adapter. You'll lose the leaf shutter, but you gain easy focusing EVF, tilting screen, and 4000th of a second. The second best option for V lenses was always the 645Z with an adapter, and the third best is the actual Hasselblad product. They all use the same sensor, but Hasselblad makes you work the hardest to get an in focus image, and god forbid you want to shoot in portrait.

Post Thanks / Like

So, what's left for the V system?
    What is left for the V system is a bunch of kick butt photographers using it with and without current digital backs who make images so good that no one really cares about anyone else would have to say.

I get images out of my CFV50c that most certainly exceed those out of my D810 with the best glass, on a regular basis too.

Post Thanks / Like

The V system beating a smaller sensor camera? Is that all it got?
    Enjoy it while it last.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai_Print View Post
    What is left for the V system is a bunch of kick butt photographers using it with and without current digital backs who make images so good that no one really cares about anyone else would have to say.

I get images out of my CFV50c that most certainly exceed those out of my D810 with the best glass, on a regular basis too.

Post Thanks / Like

The V system beating a smaller sensor camera? Is that all it got?
    Enjoy it while it last.
    We have two different viewpoints of the same tools.

I like to create photographs with tools I will use my entire lifetime and enjoy a great career because of that.

You like to see things beaten and that is all anyone really needs to know?
    Last edited by Ai_Print; 11th November 2016 at 10:06.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why you say this. Maybe I'm lost in translation. Currently I use and love to create images with 4 different cameras. If I had the money, certainly that number would be a bit higher.
    A tool that I thought once that I'd use my entire life was a HB V system. But HB slowly killed it by not producing updated glass. Later they stop producing the bodies. It's surprising and praisable that they produce the CFV backs after the rest of the production line is over.
    Things beaten don't produce me any pleasure but the opposite.
    But such is life
    Take care

We have two different viewpoints of the same tools.

I like to create photographs with tools I will use my entire lifetime and enjoy a great career because of that.

You like to see things beaten and that is all anyone really needs to know?

Post Thanks / Like

Things beaten don't produce me any pleasure but the opposite.
    Can you elaborate on this a bit?

Because along with some top name shooters, I am getting fantastic results with my V system in using both film and the CFV50c back.

Many of my clients and those who buy prints are fairly discriminating and they are all floored by the results of the shoots I do with this equipment.

So are you saying that if you are not using what the internet tells you is the "Best" then you no longer gain pleasure from that equipment??

That can't be right....can it?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you're getting great results with the V.
    I take into consideration what users of equipment say about their own results to conform a criteria. But I go too by my own experience.

On behalf of your second question, again I think you elaborate your own conclusions in a very particular and personal manner. "Odd" to be sincere.
    I'm only saying the V has its days counted, imho. I used to bitch about that. Nowadays it doesn't bother my beauty sleep anymore.

Take it easy sir.
    Eduardo

Can you elaborate on this a bit?

Because along with some top name shooters, I am getting fantastic results with my V system in using both film and the CFV50c back.

Many of my clients and those who buy prints are fairly discriminating and they are all floored by the results of the shoots I do with this equipment.

So are you saying that if you are not using what the internet tells you is the "Best" then you no longer gain pleasure from that equipment??

That can't be right....can it?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm only saying the V has its days counted, imho.
    I just don't agree with this, yes, the system has been discontinued but it is still a fairly popular system among those who love to shoot film and that number is certainly up from say, 10 years ago.

Medium format black and white film use in particular is now a fairly popular niche among both professional fine art shooters and enthusiasts, the Hasselblad V system in this vein with it's outstanding CFV50c back is just flat out superb.

There is no numbered days about it sir, that is the reality, time will clearly show you that.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish to be proven wrong. I still have my V system.
    Eduardo

I just don't agree with this, yes, the system has been discontinued but it is still a fairly popular system among those who love to shoot film and that number is certainly up from say, 10 years ago.

Medium format black and white film use in particular is now a fairly popular niche among both professional fine art shooters and enthusiasts, the Hasselblad V system in this vein with it's outstanding CFV50c back is just flat out superb.

There is no numbered days about it sir, that is the reality, time will clearly show you that.

Post Thanks / Like

The CFV 50c is back on the Hasselblad home page

http://www.hasselblad.com/digital-backs/cfv-50c

It looks like the back we know. No update.

I hope for a CFV 100c. It would be interesting to test. Will it be even better than the 50c? Wider dynamic range, larger sensor. Must have better LCD display and "useable" live view.

What would the CFV 100c price be? US$ 20000?

/Eric