The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phamiya 645 exposes 2 stops too dark

J

Jbee

Hi,

my camera exposes roughly 2 stops too dark. (P1 645 AF, latest firmware, P30+)
I compared the measuring also with a handheld meter and looked at the histogramm. -> too dark

The exposure compensation is set to +/-0, I tried all my P1 lenses, 45, 80, 120. All deliver the same result. Customs setting on camera were resetted.
Back was also resetted. I tried all exposure modes, metering modes and ISO settings -> no difference.

Any other settings that might have an influence to the exposure ?
How can I reset the whole camera ?

What am I doing wrong here ?

Thanks
Jari

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jari:

Which metering pattern do you have the camera set to, spot, average or hybrid? (Spot can often generate over or under exposures if not used properly.)

Which focusing screen do you have mounted? (If an older screen or not seated properly in the camera, it can foul exposure.)

Frankly, it sounds like your either your body is bad OR the back is not transmitting the set ISO data correctly. I would go back to the dealer and try your back on a different body, or a different back on your body to determine which is the culprit.

J

Jbee

Jari:

Which metering pattern do you have the camera set to, spot, average or hybrid? (Spot can often generate over or under exposures if not used properly.)

Which focusing screen do you have mounted? (If an older screen or not seated properly in the camera, it can foul exposure.)

Frankly, it sounds like your either your body is bad OR the back is not transmitting the set ISO data correctly. I would go back to the dealer and try your back on a different body, or a different back on your body to determine which is the culprit.
Jack, I tried all three meatering modes and even shot a grey wall.
The focussing screen is the one that came with the (new) camera, I didnt change anything and it does not look lose.

I think the same, I was just hoping I did a typical newbie mistake....

Jari

Mammy645

Is it underexposed on the DB display too or is it just when you import it into the program on your computer? If the latter what program are you using?

J

Jbee

Is it underexposed on the DB display too or is it just when you import it into the program on your computer? If the latter what program are you using?
Already according to the histogramm on the back the picture is underexposed.
When I compare the shutter times and f-stops for one scene and with the data of my Nikon D700 of a similar shot there is a roughly 2 stops difference.
I am using CaptureOne.

I will see my dealer in the next days.
Jari

J

Jbee

Update: The body is defect. I have a loaner now until my new replacement body arives next week.
Jari