The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Schneider 35LS Blue Ring

aztwang

First off thank you to Steve @ Capture Integration for taking my $$ for my new Schneider 35LS. Received it this morning and have had a few moments to play with it and WOW...Very nice piece of glass! This ALMOST completes my lens wish list, the 240LS is all thats left. Capture integration made this purchase a great experience, they worked with me with a time issue I had, and Brad made sure the lens was pristine before shipping out.
I look forward to creating some great images with this lens!!:thumbup:

Don

Jamgolf

Congratulations on your new acquisition.
Post some pictures when you get a chance to use this bad boy.
Cheers!

DougDolde

I am pretty sure the 40-80mm is even a bigger beast. I have it and chose it over the new 35mm for versatility and less lens changing. It's very good though. Using the WL finder now exclusively, it lightens the load a bit

View attachment 120820

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I turned down a good deal on the 40-80 from my dealer because I have the 35, an outstanding version of the 55 and a perfect 80. I figured I didn't need both the 35 and the zoom.

I don't need them both.
I don't need them both.
I don't need them both

Honest.......

chrismuc

@ drevil

Maybe I should contact Christopher Hauser in Munich. I think he has a P1 XF 35f3.5 blue ring / XF / IQ 3100 combo and we could do a little comparison vs. my Contax 645 35f3.5 / Contax 645 cam / IQ 180 combo :)

(or also other primes ...)

ejpeiker

Do you have the 40-80mm? Just wondering how much smaller it is
The Blue Ring 35 is about 2/3 the length of the Blue Ring 40-80 and the same diameter - both use 105mm threads. You can see the exact dimensions on the Phase One web site. Weight of the 40-80 is about 50% more than the 35.

Mikec

Congrats! Please let us know what you think.

This lens is next on my list. I echo that Steve has been incredible.