The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GuoZh /Mini-TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandonbossi

Any idea of the cost for the "Mini TC"? The only link I found has it for 8800 Yuan, which is a bit above $1300 US dollars.

Would be curious about the Canon lenses as well... How does one change the aperture on such lenses?

mandonbossi

My bad, have just had a better look at the image of the Canon lens and have seen it has been placed together with a Copal shutter...

Pricing for the Canon 24mm TS-E seems to be about 11,000 yuan which works out to be about $1650 US Dollars and 15,000 Yuan for the 17mm TS-E which is about $2250 US.

Not sure if that is right though :(

Any downsides to incorporating a shutter into a lens like this?

Obviously the downside to this design is that it can only be used on this camera, unlike the Cambo which leaves the original Canon lens intact...

Still, potentially a lot cheaper..

I would have liked to see either Contax 645 or Hasselblad H lenses with this technique, that would offer something that is not currently available..

kdphotography

Deng---you're a tease. :rolleyes: Tell us more! Do you have this camera? Quality? Tolerances? Digital back compatibility? Details etc...

deng1130

Is that a Canon 17mm TSE rehoused in a Copal/helicoid? Are the floating elements used?

YES!
Is that a Canon 17mm TSE rehoused in a Copal/helicoid. Are the floating elements used.
used for GuoZh or alpa system.

deng1130

Any idea of the cost for the "Mini TC"? The only link I found has it for 8800 Yuan, which is a bit above $1300 US dollars.

Would be curious about the Canon lenses as well... How does one change the aperture on such lenses?
Through the modification, adding focusing components, Large format lens shutter, the flange sleeve, realize the shooting.

deng1130

My bad, have just had a better look at the image of the Canon lens and have seen it has been placed together with a Copal shutter...

Pricing for the Canon 24mm TS-E seems to be about 11,000 yuan which works out to be about $1650 US Dollars and 15,000 Yuan for the 17mm TS-E which is about $2250 US.

Not sure if that is right though :(

Any downsides to incorporating a shutter into a lens like this?

Obviously the downside to this design is that it can only be used on this camera, unlike the Cambo which leaves the original Canon lens intact...

Still, potentially a lot cheaper..

I would have liked to see either Contax 645 or Hasselblad H lenses with this technique, that would offer something that is not currently available..
Hi
The modified cost includes:focusing components, Large format lens shutter, Tilt & Swing flange sleeve.
After the modification of traditional large format camera lens similar.
If you need more information, please Email:[email protected].
thx

deng1130

Deng---you're a tease. :rolleyes: Tell us more! Do you have this camera? Quality? Tolerances? Digital back compatibility? Details etc...
Hi
I am the user and the maker of the camera.

Product specifications:
Size (L x W x H): 176x160x213mm (including the Bellows).
Weight (including the Bellows): 1155g
Front group the Tilt & swing: ±10 °
Front group fine-tuning stroke: 25mm.
After group of longitudinal Rear shift axis: up/ 12mm down/15mm.
After the group lateral shift axis: 20mm.
Front panel: compatible with GuoZh and ALPA interface.
Large format No. 0 lens Board.
Large format No. 1 lens Board.
M39 lens Board.
Canon EF lens board (concave) for Mnin-TC.
Nikon F/D/G lens board (concave) for Mnin-TC.
Leica R lens board (concave) for Mnin-TC.
Hasselblad V mouth lens board (for Mnin-TC).
The Pentax P645 lens board.
The Mamiya M645 lens board.
Mamia RZ/RB lens board.
After the group camera mount: digital back interface compatible with GuoZh and ALPA interface (including the H/V/M/C interface).
SONY E system.
Canon EOS system (except 1D/1DS Series).
Nikon F system (except D3/D4 Series).
M3/4 system.
Fuji X system.

f8orbust

@OP - are you aware that Alpa has ripped off your design for the GuoZh? And, if that wasn't bad enough, it looks like Cambo has flagrantly violated all your patents on the Mini-TC.

If I were you, I'd find a lawyer and sue the living daylights out of them.

Or, maybe not.

@OP - are you aware that Alpa has ripped off your design for the GuoZh? And, if that wasn't bad enough, it looks like Cambo has flagrantly violated all your patents on the Mini-TC.

If I were you, I'd find a lawyer and sue the living daylights out of them.

Or, maybe not.
Copyright/patent infringement could be an issue, but this 17TSE modification is surely interesting - it is certainly a better solution than the Alpa 12 FPS. I never liked the idea of Alpa 12 FPS because it's heavy, bulky and its shifting capability is too limited (either no shift for Rodenstock wide angles or no back shift with the TSE lenses).

MrSmith

what patent has been infringed?
making a view camera with geared movements is not an exclusive right belonging to any one manufacturer?

making a view camera with geared movements is not an exclusive right belonging to any one manufacturer?
I am no expert in this area. I believe Nikon used to sue Sigma for some kind of patent infringement. Maybe at some point they can make gear like Tamron/Sigma without any patent infringement but as this area is too specialized for the minority no one really bothers with the grey areas.

I have contacted the OP and their modification service charge is:

Canon 17mm TSE to Alpa LB mount with built in tilt function: $2250

Canon 24mm TSE to Alpa LB mount with built in tilt function: $1650

A discount of $300 is available if no tilt function is required and they will convert the lens into SB34 mount.

They currently have a long queue of lenses waiting for their modification services. I will probably send one to them as well.

Compared against the ALPA 12 FPS solution:

a) You don't have to carry another heavy and bulky camera system (along with the Canon lens adapters and dedicated batteries);

b) You no longer need to worry that you cannot shift wide angle Rodenstocks with the ALPA 12 FPS. Simply carry your favorite STC or MAX!

c) You gain the ability to shift the digital back instead of the front element group.

f8orbust

I agree; but just what form that 'solution' takes can be protected by a patent.

Of course, a patent is only meaningful if you have the means ($$) to protect it. This is why we get stuff like this:

While here's the real deal:

Last edited:

f8orbust

BTW, are the OP's (or those who he employs') mechanical engineering skills impressive ? I'd have to say yes. But at the same time I'm dismayed that he put them to use shamelessly c̶o̶p̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ stealing ideas for products that other people have spent lots of time, money and effort on producing.

stephengilbert

I find it interesting that people who create photographs think it's okay to copy others' work.

If it's okay to duplicate the ALPA TC or the Arca Cube, I guess it's okay to rip off photographers' work as well?

I may be wrong, but I assume China would be okay with that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.