The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

300mm and IQ3 100 EFC

tsjanik

Here's an assembly I've used with a 600mm. It is very effective and I have added a Manfrotto long lens support at times to prevent any side-to-side movement. No lens foot on the lens in question, so this 3-point attachment is not possible, might be useful for other applications.

_IGP1179 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

A cropped example using a 1.4x with the 600mm at 1/200s:

_IGP1004 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

MomentsForZen

I have a Hasselblad / Carl Zeiss lens (Sonnar CF 250mm f/5.6 Superachromat) that has many similarities with the 350 Superachromat lens that beano_z used.

As far as focusing is concerned, the provision of a facility to focus beyond the labelled infinite point (i.e., the physical stop is beyond the nominal infinity focus point) is to accommodate dimensional changes caused by temperature changes.

The Zeiss website, no less, provides the following for the Hasselblad version of the Tele-Superachromat T* 5,6/350 CFE lens : "The focusing ring can move beyond infinity to allow use of this lens in a variety of temperature conditions."

http://www.zeiss.com/camera-lenses/...ad/500_series/telesuperachromatt56350cfe.html

:) ... MomentsForZen (Richard)

P.S., Please keep the photographs coming - reading this thread is now a visually magnificent experience. I enjoy the photographs taken using these long lenses and the camera admiration shots.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
It was wide open @ F/5.6, sunny 16 rule doesn't ad up here....
A little confused. the moon is directly lit by the sun, and sunny 16 rule will accurately provide the correct exposure. I have shot the moon dozens of times as a second exposure to fix the blurry moon in a landscape. At f5.6, 1/100second and ISO 3200 all I would get is a blown out moon.

MomentsForZen

A little confused. the moon is directly lit by the sun, and sunny 16 rule will accurately provide the correct exposure. I have shot the moon dozens of times as a second exposure to fix the blurry moon in a landscape. At f5.6, 1/100second and ISO 3200 all I would get is a blown out moon.
I agree with you. For the full Moon, I would use the same settings as per a sunny day. The fact that the full Moon blends in well unto a clear sky indicates that it has the same (or similar) luminance to the clear sky on a sunny day.

:) ... MomentsForZen (Richard)