The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sharing my XF 100MP experience

Mikec

The team at CI delivered. Thank you!

In studio setting, I don't have much to add. For single shot, it probably doesn't get any better for now.

As crazy as it is, I plan on using the XF 100MP whenever I can. This includes using it a bit like a DSLR. I have been shooting with it for the last 3 days and I am extremely happy about it. Yes, it's bulky and heavy. The result is very much worth it to me. The resolution is obvious but I'm pleasantly surprised by the amazing color as well.

Prior to the XF, I primarily used the Pentax 645Z and Leica S007. I still have the S007 because of the 100mm f/2. Bulk wise, I find the XF similar to the 645Z. Mirror wise, the XF feels the best damped in my hands. All three cameras have incredible viewfinders. The S has the best ergonomics though. The AF speed of the XF is quite fast. The S lenses are definitely some of the best. Now, I need to find more gear to sell in order to buy a few SK lenses to work with. As you know already, these incremental improvements are very costly and all systems are capable of superb results. I'm very happy with my decision to go for the XF 100MP.

The team at CI delivered. Thank you!

In studio setting, I don't have much to add. For single shot, it probably doesn't get any better for now.

As crazy as it is, I plan on using the XF 100MP whenever I can. This includes using it a bit like a DSLR. I have been shooting with it for the last 3 days and I am extremely happy about it. Yes, it's bulky and heavy. The result is very much worth it to me. The resolution is obvious but I'm pleasantly surprised by the amazing color as well.

Prior to the XF, I primarily used the Pentax 645Z and Leica S007. I still have the S007 because of the 100mm f/2. Bulk wise, I find the XF similar to the 645Z. Mirror wise, the XF feels the best damped in my hands. All three cameras have incredible viewfinders. The S has the best ergonomics though. The AF speed of the XF is quite fast. The S lenses are definitely some of the best. Now, I need to find more gear to sell in order to buy a few SK lenses to work with. As you know already, these incremental improvements are very costly and all systems are capable of superb results. I'm very happy with my decision to go for the XF 100MP.
Show us some pics please :)

Mikec

I have attempted to capture the color in this image the way I wanted before but failed. The XF 100MP made it easy! I can't wait to print it.

Attachments