The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LEICA SL or Pentax 645Z

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I would at least do yourself the favor of looking at the new Hassy. If it was me and not shooting on a Pro level that is a intriguing camera to look at. Right now I need more options with it but certainly keeping my eye on it. That sensor is really really good and regardless of body it come downs to the glass and sensor especially for portrait type stuff as how everything renders. FYI I shot Phase for years with 5 different backs so I am very neutral to this stuff.

ErikKaffehr

Guy,

Yes I agree. There are a few good things about the X1D.

• It is affordable, that is not a bad thing…
  • Right now, it is the only EVF/mirrorless in the MFD game
  • The lenses are right size. Relatively small lenses on a small body. You give up a bit on maximum aperture but the large Sony sensor will offer benefits at high ISO.
Personally, I am not that interested in buying the X1D, in part because I spent a bit to much on other systems. But, based on what I have read about it combined with what I know about the sensor I would say it is a very interesting camera, especially if someone wants MFD, 50 MP sensor and low weight.

Best regards
Erik

I would at least do yourself the favor of looking at the new Hassy. If it was me and not shooting on a Pro level that is a intriguing camera to look at. Right now I need more options with it but certainly keeping my eye on it. That sensor is really really good and regardless of body it come downs to the glass and sensor especially for portrait type stuff as how everything renders. FYI I shot Phase for years with 5 different backs so I am very neutral to this stuff.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
With the Hassy there will be a adapter for use with some H lenses that are very nice for portrait work. Bigger and bulkier but nonetheless available today. I think it should be considered for the OP because it sounds like maybe a good combination of smaller size but MF attributes.