The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any new tech lenses at Photokina?

tjv

Hi all,
I'm feeling a little depressed. I've been trying to make do with a RS 55mm APO-SD for panoramic stitching using my Credo 60. I also use a centre filter, but overall it's a very average lens on this sensor. I was saving (slowly) for the Schneider 60XL, but now that they've stopped production I fear I'll never get there. Either way, there are nearly no new units left. What are the chances we might see Rodenstock step up and release some new designs at Photokina or soon after? Or is this market a dead duck with the more fussy newer sensors?
T

Currently I don't seem to be able to find "Rodenstock Photo" in the list of Exhibitors and products from A to Z at Photokina's website. Instead I can only find "Rodenstock Filter" in the list.

As Schneider quits the game, it looks unlikely to have new tech cam lenses this year.

vjbelle

I don't think there will ever be any new LF lenses from Rody. Although Schneider has stopped production of LF lenses there are still many new lenses around. The 60XL can be found at Linhoff Studio.

Victor