I need your advice about which lens to purchase.
I use Cambo Ultima + Sony A7R2 + SK's lenses + Rodie's lenses.
I want to add another lens for wide angle, around 40mm.
I was mapped all the existing options, and illuminated lens that has too short FFD (the lovely SK35XL).
I don't know how the following lens are perform on digital format (I didn't find any samples), so I will be glad to get some advises for people that use(d) one or more of those lens and can help me:
1. Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 4.0 / 40mm (IC 90, FFD 69.5)
2. Schneider Apo-Digitar 5.6 / 43mm XL (IC 115, FFD 48.9)
3. Rodenstock Apo-Sironar digital 4.5 / 45mm (IC 125, FFD 55.5)
4. Schneider Apo-Digitar 5.6 / 47mm XL (IC 113, FFD 52.3)
5. Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 4.0 / 50 mm (IC 90, FFD 76)
I think 40mm-45mm will be the best length for my use, but if the 50mm is much better (and easier to find) I will consider also 50mm.
Specs of three of the above take my attention:
1. Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 4.0 / 40mm - smallest IC but large FFD
2. Rodenstock Apo-Sironar digital 4.5 / 45mm - Largest IC and good FFD
3. Schneider Apo-Digitar 5.6 / 47mm XL - Good enough IC and good FFD and very popular