Site Sponsors

Thread: Alpa 12 FPS with PC-E lenses

Post Thanks / Like

Alpa 12 FPS with PC-E lenses

Hi there!

My name is Christophe Benard and I am a commercial photographer based in Edmonton, Alberta (Canada). I recently purchased a PhaseOne XF and IQ260 that I will be using for my product and portraiture work. I am now comparing options regarding technical bodies for my architectural work. I already have a couple quotes for an Alpa 12 STC or a Cambo 1200RS with 1 or 2 Rodenstock lenses.

I am also very intrigued with the combination Nikon lens / Alpa 12 FPS. Before the PhaseOne I shot a Nikon D800E and still have the camera and my PC-E lenses (24mm and 45mm). I have seen some very promising results on the Alpa website using these lenses on the 12 FPS.

I would be very interested to know how much shift can be achieved when using a PC-E lens on the Alpa 12 FPS. This could be a great option for me to shoot both interiors and exteriors.

Does anyone have any information regarding this?

Thank you!
    Last edited by chbenard; 18th September 2016 at 22:14.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Alpa 12 FPS with PC-E lenses

I have PCE 24 and 90
    image circle of 24 is too small for any tilt or shift on full size sensor.
    90 allows a few degrees or mm of useful movement.
    edges a little soft.
    Quote Originally Posted by chbenard View Post
    Hi there!

My name is Christophe Benard and I am a commercial photographer based in Edmonton, Alberta (Canada). I recently purchased a PhaseOne XF and IQ260 that I will be using for my product and portraiture work. I am now comparing options regarding technical bodies for my architectural work. I already have a couple quotes for an Alpa 12 STC or a Cambo 1200RS with 1 or 2 Rodenstock lenses.

I am also very intrigued with the combination Nikon lens / Alpa 12 FPS. Before the PhaseOne I shot a Nikon D800E and still have the camera and my PC-E lenses (24mm and 45mm). I have seen some very promising results on the Alpa website using these lenses on the 12 FPS.

I would be very interested to know how much shift can be achieved when using a PC-E lens on the Alpa 12 FPS. This could be a great option for me to shoot both interiors and exteriors.

Does anyone have any information regarding this?

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your response! That's what I thought, I have already started to look into better options.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by chbenard View Post
    Thank you for your response! That's what I thought, I have already started to look into better options.
    Sadly (or not if you like quality), the path leads to Rodenstock and Schneider, unless you have access to other MF/LF lenses with adapter.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post