The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Fuji GFX

I know stacking adaptors isn't exactly ideal, but perhaps with a Hasselblad H adaptor one could utilize the existing very nifty CF adaptor Hasselblad made to fire C lenses on the H system?
I think the Fuji GFX is a wothy successor of the Mamiya 7II. Stefan Steib, do you think it is possible to adapt your HCAM Mirex adapter to the Fuji GFX? This would be great. All the canon lenses and the mid-format lenses with a second Mirex could be used.

Greetings from Zweibrücken, Germany

gero

"maybe" :rolleyes: or yes... it will work on cameras like the actus .... so other companies have to change their mind, sorry - their strategy

:cool:
Is it possible to build your own camera (a la swc) with a medium format digital back to take scuare format wide angle pictures with leica M lenses? And compose through the digital back sreen? Or is this the first camera that can do this?

Is it possible to build your own camera (a la swc) with a medium format digital back to take scuare format wide angle pictures with leica M lenses? And compose through the digital back sreen? Or is this the first camera that can do this?
I would slow your roll a little bit there. While that sounds like a great idea... I'm not totally sure M wides would perform all that well on this sensor, especially if you're trying to utilize a 36x36mm square. Some M lenses don't even do that well on the M. From what we've seen from Sony only the Kolari mod cams can take full advantage of M wides. Certain newly designed specialized lenses like the 21/1.4 or CV 21/1.8 might do okay, but that's a big "might." Your best bet for super-wide might just be that 23mm Fujinon. If you can make it work though, I would love to see it.

BlinkingEye

The Canon 17mm IC is 67mm, 33x44 has a diagonal of 55mm, so it's definitely big enough to cover unshifted, and also allow for some movements, the question is the acceptable range.
The lens has a native 12mm shift on FF35, and in terms of width 44mm is 8mm wider, so you have about 4mm of "intended" shift remaining horizontally, but a lot more vertically, which I reckon is what most people are interested in.
Thank you.

vjbelle

As I read the posts for both the GFX and the X1D I see two different trends. The X1D has numerous posts about heating issues, firmware issues, not ready for prime time yet, lenses delivering way into 2017. Here I sense a camera that is absolutely ready to go. Everything thought out and will work..... which is the most important attribute of any new camera. There is a fair amount of talk about the 'Cool' look of the Hassy and you bet..... it sure is cool. But I don't think its ready and, to me, that's a big deal. I have a ton of confidence for the Fuji lenses even though I would have to test any purchase but that's just common sense. I also think its very refreshing that Fuji is aware of Leaf shutter needs for some users. I see some wishing for V lenses of which I own quite a few. I've tried using them on numerous Digital platforms but they stay in a drawer. I had a mint SWC that I sold a couple of years ago and will never miss other than for its cool looks. I also have a 60mm Distagon which I wouldn't even use for a doorstop...... yes its that bad - they all are. Even my venerable 180mm is not up to speed with modern lenses so for me I would never, ever use V lenses on this or any digital camera..... YMMV. So...... for me as uncool as it looks this is the new entry that I think is really ready for prime time......

Victor

V

Vivek

I would slow your roll a little bit there. While that sounds like a great idea... I'm not totally sure M wides would perform all that well on this sensor, especially if you're trying to utilize a 36x36mm square. Some M lenses don't even do that well on the M. From what we've seen from Sony only the Kolari mod cams can take full advantage of M wides. Certain newly designed specialized lenses like the 21/1.4 or CV 21/1.8 might do okay, but that's a big "might." Your best bet for super-wide might just be that 23mm Fujinon. If you can make it work though, I would love to see it.
Gero's thinking may work out.

Check out: https://www.dpreview.com/interviews...explains-the-gfx-50s-medium-format-mirrorless

The Fuji guy is saying that the sensor is made with offest microlenses and also without an AA filter (unlike Sony cams).

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Fuji looks blue collar unit
Hassy looks more white collar

To me the Fuji may appeal more to a working Pro type cam.

I like them both actually so don't get hell bent over it. For me I'm considering the Fuji more at the moment

iiiNelson

Fuji looks blue collar unit
Hassy looks more white collar

To me the Fuji may appeal more to a working Pro type cam.

I like them both actually so don't get hell bent over it. For me I'm considering the Fuji more at the moment

You hit it on the head and really the only thing I'm uncertain about with regards to the Fuji is the willingness of companies to provide off camera strobe support high speed flash syncing as 1/125 sync speed won't cut it for most people. The initial lens choice seems spot on in choice although I would prefer that the 110/2 was released before the Macro lens but that's just me. I could probably live with the 23/4, 32-64/4, 63/2.8 (although I wish this were a f/2 lens as well), the 110/2 and would hop they released a 150mm, 180mm, or a 150-300mm zoom for a long telephoto option.

Like you I'm leaning in preference towards the Fuji over the Hasselblad as we haven't seen much movement on the X1D from initial announcement. I believe the final product will be great but it seems like Hasselblad didn't quite strike while the iron was the hottest.

Overall the Fuji and Hasselblad both look like a well thought out systems and one that I could see myself buying into for wide to portrait range duties. While keeping a smaller format system (APS-C or FF) for personal family shots or travel.

algrove

iii
I'm with you all the way. I like blue collar and as such I will try one even before I try the a7r2. If too much for me I can always sell it to Vivek. Oops, he might be listening.

iiiNelson

iii
I'm with you all the way. I like blue collar and as such I will try one even before I try the a7r2. If too much for me I can always sell it to Vivek. Oops, he might be listening.
Well I already have the A7RII and it's plenty of camera already so no complaints there. I just wouldn't mind a larger sensor at times primarily for portraits to be specific. I guess it comes down to trying both finished products and as of today there aren't any local Hasselblad dealers for me so that might make me take a deeper lean towards Fuji.

Guy Mancuso

The Fuji for a odd reason it's not even built yet per say just sounds more functional and adaptable. I also think they are planning on more lens options and adapters in the MF market. Just a feeling I have . . Hassy sounds a little more collector item and worse maybe not in a big hurry to advance it faster. . Just a impression I have. I have no worries with lens IQ either way. Both systems will be very good.

Guy Mancuso

Hassy cut my dealer off from selling ut. With that they took out the dealer confidence out of buying. Honestly that kind of pissed me off. Now it's a software worry if who is Fuji best options. . I'm not a fan of Adobe here.

David Schneider

One thing about Fuji, based on owning at least one of their mirrorless X cameras since 2012, is you can count on your camera being better a couple of years after the day you bought it then when brand new. They will upgrade the firmware and make real improvements to the camera. With my XE2 they made available for free a totally new focusing system. I would expect they would continue to make improvements and pass them along in the GFX via firmware updates when possible. Fuji has cultivated some serious loyalty because of that.

Seems a nice enough MFD, but if between now and when it's produced they go with an X-Trans sensor (or add it in the GFX2) it would have the potential of producing files you would only expect from bodies with 2x the MP.

hcubell

The Fuji looks very capable, but the emphasis is on "looks", because none of the cameras with lenses have been released into the wild, even as demos. We are probably at least 6 months away from actual release. Right now, it's essentially a concept camera, so it's being imbued with magical qualities. I have seen this story play out many times. Nothing EVER matches the hype.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The Fuji looks very capable, but the emphasis is on "looks", because none of the cameras with lenses have been released into the wild, even as demos. We are probably at least 6 months away from actual release. Right now, it's essentially a concept camera, so it's being imbued with magical qualities. I have seen this story play out many times. Nothing EVER matches the hype.
So true ...

Just walked from all the hype and ordered a M Monochrom and a 50 .... my third historically ... maybe I will learn to love the one I am with ...

The pictures from the X1D are very resolved but a bit lacking in character. And no one has seen much from the Fuji. I love their spirit and lenses ... think it will be a great system ... see you all next year.

Bob

Guy Mancuso

Agree it's a lot of vapor right now. Its fun though and here is the good news , collect interest on your money for 6 months. LOL

rickgrainger

Please forgive me of my ignorance.
What does an electronic shutter bring to the table?
Is this helpful for flash sync?

Thank you for your patience.

Rick