The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Fuji GFX

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
No C1 pretty much I'm out. That's me though and Phase will take years for a mirrorless. Watch Sony though they may just pull a rabbit out of the hat.

algrove

Sounds like me!... But the 645Z gave me a much bigger real boost in IQ than better color science could have squeezed out of a lesser system like a D810, so something had to go.
Lightroom is no slouch as it used to be in the early days either, but the day Phase does allow other cameras to be used, is the day I switch back, even if it means having two years of photography in a different software.

With the line between formats increasingly blurring, keeping the software arbitrarily gated is just arrogance. What's more important is how the systems are used; and a primarily tether-centric, leaf-shutter-enabled, removable-back camera is not competition for a camera designed to be used hand-held in available light. While I played with the idea of owning a Phase years past, I realized that none of the above features mattered to me.
I ran into this issue with my 645Z files once converting to C1. Sure they are not purely raw, but I brought them in as tiffs and all was OK since I go to PS6 with files anyway and they are tiffs when round tripping back into C1 anyway.