Site Sponsors

Thread: Lets have some fun and speculate......

Post Thanks / Like

Lets have some fun and speculate......

Well Dave latest post (below) from Photokina. Whats your guess on NEW FEATURES?

1: Big things coming for the XF Camera System

With all these announcements, I am most excited about features that I can’t even discuss today. The absolute innovation that XF has brought to our medium format platform is only getting better. The process and features that I worked with today have me incredibly excited about the XF medium format camera’s future. There isn’t any chance that I would invest in any other system when I see what is on the horizon for this Phase One XF. I wish that I could even hint but I………. I need some sleep. Stay tuned for my next Photokina update tomorrow with other great products and my personal insight! "

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets have some fun and speculate......

Have they got a titanium lightweight version in the offing? Only the one I hired weighed a ton! No way would I handhold that with a weighty lens all day.
    never trust the opinion of anyone who lists a load of gear in their forum signature. Dealers do not email me asking to buy your products.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that innovation is coming from Fuji...

Best regards
    Erik

Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping for a "True Focus"type of feature and surely welcome any A/F improvements, mind you not complaining but A/F systems can always stand a tweak here and there.

Post Thanks / Like

So what is the big announcement? the suspense is unbearable
    never trust the opinion of anyone who lists a load of gear in their forum signature. Dealers do not email me asking to buy your products.

Post Thanks / Like

a "bult in" shutter on the backs ... - okay, okay .... this will be cool - now having a beer guys ..
    [ no picture ]

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe not as much speculation as wishes...

In the XF firmware:
    - I'd like to see a rewrite of the Focus Stacking module so that you simply focus on the closest point you want in focus and then the farthest point in focus and the camera then sets the stack based on the focal length and aperture.
    - Rather than a single focus point memory (what P1 calls Hyperfocal) I'd like to see at least three points that you could prestore.
    - Auto Lens trim for the CMOS equipped cameras that compares and adjusts the lens trim in the Honey Bee AF system until it matches the focus in on sensor contrast detect (similar to Nikon D5/D500)

On the hardware side:
    - An EVF viewfinder that you could clip on
    - Rounding out the zoom range with a 25-50mm

On the S/W side:
    - Capture One supporting non Phase One Medium Format cameras
    E.J. Peiker
    www.EJPhoto.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I keep thinking Phase one is coming out with it own focal plane shutter camera body or adapter which you can control shutter and Aperture from IQ3 digital back plus Auto focus.

From Alpa's new product ALPA SILEX. It only support following leaf shutter lenses: Canon, Contax 645, Nikon PC-E, Rollei.

Phase one leaf shutter lenses were not included.

For the FPS shift adapter Alpa produced, there was no shift adapter for Phase one (only M645/phase one lens adapter)

Maybe Phase one coming out with a mirrorless camera body for 100mp.

Post Thanks / Like

One problem for the Phase One LS glass, the sheer mass of them. Not sure Alpa would want to hang most of the new LS glass out in front as the strain on the mount would be considerable.

All the other lenses mentioned are considerably less mass if I recall correctly. Never use Contax 645, but all the Nikon and Canon lenses are for sure.

Paul C

Post Thanks / Like

Paul,

you are right. I didn't think of phase one lens mess. they are getting bigger and bigger.

i found same issue with upcoming Fuji GFX. Mirrorless medium format camera is a great idea, but after you add all the lenses(they are pretty big from the photos I saw) not much different compare to regular medium format system.

Maybe just a phase one adapter with a Focal Shutter build-in which can take all lenses.
    IQ3 back can control shutter directly.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Counting down the hours now.

All I can say is - wow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What I want to know is there s quality loss when using Full Electronic shutter and how bad is the loss ?

Post Thanks / Like

My wish didn't come true as to autofocus upgrades. The Profoto controls are a nice addition, but I kinda thought P1 would do something revolutionary with the autufocus. Here's to waiting for the next FW update...

Post Thanks / Like

lenses of phase are bigger because we will see also more mp in the feature ��
    i think phase built the actuall lenses for that feature sensors to be prepared.

the only bottlneck in the next years for higher resolution are lenses not sensors!

just my 2c...
    [ no picture ]