Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: H6D accessory wish list

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    H6D accessory wish list

    Any recommendations for accessories for a H6D please?

    In particular looking for recommendations on:

    1. Tripod for travel (light weight but stable that can hold weight of MF camera and lens)
    2. Tripod head (What type/model)
    3. Any additional bracket or something (???) needed to hold the lens (for example 35-90) on a tripod? or is it suffice to have the lens mounted to a the camera and the camera attached to the trip? Would the weight of the lens cause any damage to the camera?



    Anything else on a wish list?

    Thx
    Modify message

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: H6D accessory wish list

    no problem regarding nr. 3, but a tripod base plate is recommended, such as Arca Swiss.

    Nr. 2: depending on your shooting style and needs, i am using a geared Arca Swiss D4 (landscape, architecture, etc.) and a Z1 Ball head (portraits, etc.) with quick release by Flip Lock and L-bracket.

    Nr. 1: many options available, I am using a carbon Manfrotto A-55 (? not sure which type exactly right now..)

    Image is with 150mm though but same as with 35-90mm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5025.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	427.9 KB 
ID:	121330
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: H6D accessory wish list

    For #3. I was worried the weight of the lens might cause deforming/compression of the area where the lens attaches to the body. Good to hear the steel is stronger :-)

    I understand Hasselblad make a Tripod Quick Coupling H base plate too. Would that be more useful than the Arca Swiss base plate or same? Would I use one or the other or both? I don't know enough about either to decide :-(

    Thanks


    no problem regarding nr. 3, but a tripod base plate is recommended, such as Arca Swiss.

    Nr. 2: depending on your shooting style and needs, i am using a geared Arca Swiss D4 (landscape, architecture, etc.) and a Z1 Ball head (portraits, etc.) with quick release by Flip Lock and L-bracket.

    Nr. 1: many options available, I am using a carbon Manfrotto A-55 (? not sure which type exactly right now..)

    Image is with 150mm though but same as with 35-90mm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5025.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	427.9 KB 
ID:	121330

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: H6D accessory wish list

    Quote Originally Posted by maxshafiq View Post
    For #3. I was worried the weight of the lens might cause deforming/compression of the area where the lens attaches to the body. Good to hear the steel is stronger :-)

    I understand Hasselblad make a Tripod Quick Coupling H base plate too. Would that be more useful than the Arca Swiss base plate or same? Would I use one or the other or both? I don't know enough about either to decide :-(

    Thanks
    Well, if you choose the Arca Swiss head (D4, Cube, Z1) then your best option is the original plate from Arca Swiss which fits perfectly into the quick device on top of the head. They make a base plate exactly in perfect size for for H5D/H6D (long plate, ca 60mm long or so).
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: H6D accessory wish list

    Quote Originally Posted by maxshafiq View Post
    Any recommendations for accessories for a H6D please?

    In particular looking for recommendations on:

    1. Tripod for travel (light weight but stable that can hold weight of MF camera and lens)
    2. Tripod head (What type/model)
    3. Any additional bracket or something (???) needed to hold the lens (for example 35-90) on a tripod? or is it suffice to have the lens mounted to a the camera and the camera attached to the trip? Would the weight of the lens cause any damage to the camera?



    Anything else on a wish list?

    Thx
    Modify message
    Max - this set up will cost you probably $2,500.00 +/-. Than add $26,000.00 for H6D....
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: H6D accessory wish list

    Quote Originally Posted by PedroL View Post
    Max - this set up will cost you probably $2,500.00 +/-. Than add $26,000.00 for H6D....
    Haha

    Yes well that's where the fun begins :-)

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: H6D accessory wish list

    Hi,

    see below images for my setup

    1. I use a Gitzo (model 1348 back then) tripod which i bought 1999, so its 16+ years old and
    still working like a charm. I have my Linhof 4x5" mounted on it occasionally, no issues.
    2. I use a Linhof ballhead which is really sturdy. You can adjust friction and thats pretty much it, simply
    does its job for 10+ years now
    3. I have standardized everything on the Hasselblad quick coupling plates. Why attach another plate to
    the H if the camera already comes with a build-in plate. I prefer the HB over Arca Swiss because they
    are more flat. The HB quick coupling plates are still order able from HB (#3045152).
    It is ok to have the lens mounted to the camera, my biggest one is the 120 Macro which is quite heavy, no
    issues with that.

    In case you do a lot of shooting without the tripod you might want to consider something like this which really
    helps holding the camera over a long period of time in your hands (especially with lenses like the 35-90 or 120):
    https://www.calumetphoto.de/product/...e-H/HAS3045154

    Just my 2 cents,
    Ralf

    Name:  IMG_1031.JPG
Views: 112
Size:  83.0 KBName:  IMG_1030.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  71.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by maxshafiq View Post
    Any recommendations for accessories for a H6D please?

    In particular looking for recommendations on:

    1. Tripod for travel (light weight but stable that can hold weight of MF camera and lens)
    2. Tripod head (What type/model)
    3. Any additional bracket or something (???) needed to hold the lens (for example 35-90) on a tripod? or is it suffice to have the lens mounted to a the camera and the camera attached to the trip? Would the weight of the lens cause any damage to the camera?



    Anything else on a wish list?

    Thx
    Modify message
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: H6D accessory wish list

    Max -

    1. As for tripods, I have a slew of Gitzo tripods. The Gitzo GT2542 has been my go to lightweight tripod. Here is a link to that one:

    http://www.gitzo.com/product/71837.1...bon_4_sections

    For heavy duty use and where I won't be hiking with it a lot. I also have the GT5541. It is beefy but about as good as tripods get and quite pricey as well.

    http://www.gitzo.com/systematic-seri...level-gt5542ls


    2. For tripod heads, the really Right Stuff ball heads are about as good as it gets. I'd highly suggest the BH-55 in whatever configuration you want. Also, the RRS tripods are awesome as well. A great, but more expensive, alternative to the Gitzo pods. The Kirk BH-1 is also a great ball head.

    3. For brackets, I have the Really Right Stuff L-bracket for the H series cameras. It works great with any of the above ball heads. I don't have any other lens support and so far it seemed fine. I have the heavy 50-110 lens and it seems ok on a tripod without a bracket to support it.

    Hope this helps.

    Cheers, Michael


    Quote Originally Posted by maxshafiq View Post
    Any recommendations for accessories for a H6D please?

    In particular looking for recommendations on:

    1. Tripod for travel (light weight but stable that can hold weight of MF camera and lens)
    2. Tripod head (What type/model)
    3. Any additional bracket or something (???) needed to hold the lens (for example 35-90) on a tripod? or is it suffice to have the lens mounted to a the camera and the camera attached to the trip? Would the weight of the lens cause any damage to the camera?



    Anything else on a wish list?

    Thx
    Modify message
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: H6D accessory wish list

    Thanks Michael,

    I am as a matter of fact looking into the RRS BH-55 and may even go with one of the same branded tripods, as well as the L bracket.

    Nice knowing no need for additional support for the heavy lenses.

    Thx


    Quote Originally Posted by michaelclark View Post
    Max -

    1. As for tripods, I have a slew of Gitzo tripods. The Gitzo GT2542 has been my go to lightweight tripod. Here is a link to that one:

    http://www.gitzo.com/product/71837.1...bon_4_sections

    For heavy duty use and where I won't be hiking with it a lot. I also have the GT5541. It is beefy but about as good as tripods get and quite pricey as well.

    http://www.gitzo.com/systematic-seri...level-gt5542ls


    2. For tripod heads, the really Right Stuff ball heads are about as good as it gets. I'd highly suggest the BH-55 in whatever configuration you want. Also, the RRS tripods are awesome as well. A great, but more expensive, alternative to the Gitzo pods. The Kirk BH-1 is also a great ball head.

    3. For brackets, I have the Really Right Stuff L-bracket for the H series cameras. It works great with any of the above ball heads. I don't have any other lens support and so far it seemed fine. I have the heavy 50-110 lens and it seems ok on a tripod without a bracket to support it.

    Hope this helps.

    Cheers, Michael

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: H6D accessory wish list

    Ralf,

    Thanks for your suggestions. I checked out the link for the hand holding accessory and must say never seen that attachment before. I am not even sure how to use it :-)



    Quote Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
    Hi,

    see below images for my setup

    1. I use a Gitzo (model 1348 back then) tripod which i bought 1999, so its 16+ years old and
    still working like a charm. I have my Linhof 4x5" mounted on it occasionally, no issues.
    2. I use a Linhof ballhead which is really sturdy. You can adjust friction and thats pretty much it, simply
    does its job for 10+ years now
    3. I have standardized everything on the Hasselblad quick coupling plates. Why attach another plate to
    the H if the camera already comes with a build-in plate. I prefer the HB over Arca Swiss because they
    are more flat. The HB quick coupling plates are still order able from HB (#3045152).
    It is ok to have the lens mounted to the camera, my biggest one is the 120 Macro which is quite heavy, no
    issues with that.

    In case you do a lot of shooting without the tripod you might want to consider something like this which really
    helps holding the camera over a long period of time in your hands (especially with lenses like the 35-90 or 120):
    https://www.calumetphoto.de/product/...e-H/HAS3045154

    Just my 2 cents,
    Ralf

    Name:  IMG_1031.JPG
Views: 112
Size:  83.0 KBName:  IMG_1030.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  71.2 KB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •