The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shout out and thanks to Ken Doo

Paul2660

Yesterday, while on a shoot with Phase gear, I realized that I still need the Surface Pro2 at times to allow for the best capture. I realize that many have moved on to other solutions, but the old S2 is still a great tool.

I wanted to personally thank Ken again, for all the time he spent both figuring out ways to best attach the S2 and then sharing them with the forum. Personally I can't think of a any better solution for the S2, than Ken's Magnets. It's just a great way to have the S2 ready, on a tripod leg, then when you need to check a file, just pull off the S2, take a look then snap it back to the tripod leg.

The whole process is just very clean and I have used this solution 3 to 4 times now standing in water, and have concerns that the S2 is going to fall.

Thanks again Ken for all the time you spent to figure all the steps out and letting others know not only what pieces and parts to use, but where to purchase them.

Paul C

kdphotography

Aw, shucks, Paul. And here I thought you went out and bought something shiny just recently released from Photokina :D

You did help guide the evolution of the various clamps. And I learned a lot. I've borrowed from the SP clamping systems to mount my Small HD Sidefinder.

:thumbup:

Ken