The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya DM22 vs DM33 on ISO 400, your experience please ?

jozhou

Hello,
I just got a used kit Phaseone 645 body with a Mamiya DM 22 (leaf aptus-ii 5)back, this is my first digital MF system, I absolutely love the color of this DM22 back. But most of time I shoot portrait with naturel light, the noise of ISO 400 of DM 22 is difficult to accept ( I know this before buy it).
I'd like to ask if someone has experience with DM33 (leaf aptus-ii 7) with ISO 400, it that better than DM 22? As the maximum ISO of DM 33 is 800, and only 400 for DM 22, can I say the noise control of ISO 400 on DM33 is better than DM 22? (for the moment, no budget to buy Credo or IQ)
please give me some advices, thanks

Frederic

ISO 400 would be noisy, especially in the shadows. Now it depends on your use/expectation...
I've never pushed my Aptus II-7 beyond ISO 200.

Last edited: