The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Price Drop on Current MF cameras with the New Mirrorless approaching

rollsman44

I am starting to think its time to consider buying a MF camera now since the MF mirrorless cameras will be out soon. Any thoughts on this ?

Jamgolf

Any thoughts on this ?
My thoughts on this...

If you are interested in a 44x33 sensor then it would make sense to wait for the mirrorless cameras to arrive. Then you can evaluate all the choices objectively. Prices of older cameras will never go up, in fact they may even go down further once the mirrorless cameras arrive.

If you are interested in a sensor larger than 44x33 then I do not think arrival of mirrorless MF cameras makes too much difference. In that case you can just decide what you want to buy and then go for it.

rollsman44

My thoughts on this...

If you are interested in a 44x33 sensor then it would make sense to wait for the mirrorless cameras to arrive. Then you can evaluate all the choices objectively. Prices of older cameras will never go up, in fact they may even go down further once the mirrorless cameras arrive.

If you are interested in a sensor larger than 44x33 then I do not think arrival of mirrorless MF cameras makes too much difference. In that case you can just decide what you want to buy and then go for it.
\

I want to stay with the 645Z and No interest at this time for any New equipment. Thanks

bernardl

Now is probably the time for great deals. A gentlemen at LL was having a hard time selling a good condition Credo 40 with DF canera at 5,500 US$.

Cheers,
Bernard