The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rodenstock Apo Sironar Digital lens on 100Mp

0beone

I have a couple of Rodie HR lenses, but a question comes to mind when thinking about additional lenses, how do the Rodie APO Sironar/Sironon lenses stack up when used on 100 MP backs?
Today I was stuck in a Belfry needing something wider than the 40HR and there are some of the older APO Sironar/Siranon available at a reasonable price that can be mounted on Cambo lens boards so was just wondering about your experiences.

Are there other viable alternatives?

Cheers and thanks Frank

MrSmith

what is the pixel pitch of the 100mp back compared to an A7RII? i find the 100/80/60 digitars (similar vintage as the apo sironars) very good up to about f11.5 so if the pitch was similar and they covered the sensor then i see no problem producing sharp images. can’t comment on the wides though.

Paul2660

You will be fine with the older Pink band, HR lenses, 23mm, 28mm. Not sure I would go to the green bands.

Paul C