The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

XF Camera and Profoto B1, B2, or D2 Users

Mgreer316

If you have a Phase One XF camera system along with a Profoto B1/B2/D2 stobe, have you tested the new TTL functionality in the latest XF firmware release? If so, what have your results been? I can't get the combination to produce consistent results. In my controlled lab with the XF lock down on a camera stand and me triggering the camera from a tethered PC, the results are all over the map. After every trigger, I check the power level on my B1 and it fluctuates greatly from exposure to exposure. I don't mean by 1 or 2 decimal points, but whole numbers. So I'm curious what others have been experiencing.

Chipcarterdc

I have the XF and Profoto B1s.

Coincidentally, I briefly played with the TTL functionality just this weekend. I spent less than 10 minutes doing so, so I hesitate to draw any conclusions, but it worked fine. I certainly didn't notice any sort of inconsistency or the kind of fluctuations in power levels that you mention. But -- now that you've mentioned it -- I will test more thoroughly and see if I experience the same thing you did.