The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the X1D ????

tcdeveau

The was this comment though when I said Hasselblad must be difficult to deal with lately he said you have no idea, that's putting it mildly.
I no longer have any local Hasselblad dealers in Atlanta and the above quote is apparently the reason why. The shop I use frequently for rentals and prints was the last Hasselblad dealer in town, but stopped being so in between H6D shipping and X1D announcements because of difficulties they had with Hasselblad. Sh** apparently hit the fan when they tried to get the H6D in their rental stock. FWIW their comment was Hasselblad is moving towards more of a B&H/Adorama distribution model, but take that with a grain of salt. They need to work on getting product into consumers hands however they choose to distribute though. It seems to me like going forward, the safest way to avoid frustration in purchasing and receiving a new Hasselblad product is to wait until it's in stock at B&H or Adorama and then order it.

D&A

I would hope so! My expectation is that we will see a string of firmware upgrades over time even after the X1D ships, adding new features and "optimizing" performance(e.g., start up time, AF performance, battery life). As for improving the performance of the EVF, my guess is that some improvements are possible.
As I mentioned in posting my inital impressions of the X1D (in another thread), the one telltail issue I encountered with a demo unit a couple weeks ago, was the almost 8 second startup time. Its hard to believe this issue would generally be acceptable and wouldn't be addressed with a firmware fix prior to shipping.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
I wish we at least had some reviews of the X1D to ease our suffering.

Waiting is boring. I am so bored I started looking at safes to store my X1D in :)

D&A

Looking at my not so high-tech Hassel combo may ease the pain of waiting... for the time being

Rayyen, as lovely as they are, they're not your beautiful silver bodies, so they don't count....LOL!

Soon it will be Christmas time and everyone wants to know where Santa is as he makes his rounds. This year most will instead wonder where the X1D is. :)

Dave (D&A)

etto72

From Ming Thein's blog
https://blog.mingthein.com/2016/10/...tage-mini-movie-and-status-update/#more-13709

In the comments section - November 14

"I just received a new firmware which has significantly increased speed and added movable AF points, so the finished version will likely be even better still🙂"
That's good news. Maybe HB will think the camera is close enough for the ambassadors to start 'reviewing' it.

Meanwhile, in London, my shower curtain rail broke.

rayyen

Dave,

Do you mean something like this one? Silver n Christmas comes hand in hand.

Raymond

or this...

Rayyen, as lovely as they are, they're not your beautiful silver bodies, so they don't count....LOL!

Soon it will be Christmas time and everyone wants to know where Santa is as he makes his rounds. This year most will instead wonder where the X1D is. :)

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Dave,

Do you mean something like this one? Silver n Christmas comes hand in hand.

Raymond

or this...

LOL Raymond! You see, these pics are far better than any NSFW images any old day, especially on a busy workday. They're definitely eye candy and would make great gifts for the holidays to your Getdpi friends (hint hint). In other words get into the holiday spirit :)

Dave (D&A)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Oooooooohhhhh , lovely . :thumbs:
I have discovered my dream lens . The M-HEXANON 1,2/50mm . Very hard to get .

D&A

I could use a present for my 60th BD in a few weeks. lol
To show our appreciation and celebrate your birthday, I'm sure we could all chip in and get you a gourmet cupcake with a single candle in the midddle...LOL. How many lumens do you need? :).

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

tjv

Sorry to be the person to ask this question for the millionth time - I have a two year old child tugging at my leg as I write this - but for those that have tried the demo unit, is the EVF the same as the Olympus EM5ii? I tried one in the shop yesterday and actually thought it was excellent. More than enough for me, anyway.

D&A

Sorry to be the person to ask this question for the millionth time - I have a two year old child tugging at my leg as I write this - but for those that have tried the demo unit, is the EVF the same as the Olympus EM5ii? I tried one in the shop yesterday and actually thought it was excellent. More than enough for me, anyway.
Please don't take my response as anything close to being the final word on the X1D EVF. When I demoed the X1D and commented my somewhat disappointment in the X1D EVF ( from my initial expectations), a few around me commented that they thought one of the Olympus cameras they felt had a better quality EVF. What model Olympus, I simply don't recall. In amy case, who knows if the demo unit I tried has thr final EVF that will bw used prior to release.

I think its prudent to hear from early adopters to get an accurate assessment. My other convern was the almost 8 second start up time which I presume will be improved before the camera is released.

Dave (D&A)9

Last edited:

tashley

Subscriber Member
That's good news. Maybe HB will think the camera is close enough for the ambassadors to start 'reviewing' it.

Meanwhile, in London, my shower curtain rail broke.[/QUOTEA

The shower curtain is a crying shame. In Maslow's pyramid, shower curtains rank before cameras. Maybe.

hcubell

Please don't take my rsponse as anything close to being the final word on the X1D EVF. When I demoed the X1D and commented my somewhat disappointment in the X1D EVF ( from my initial expectations), a few around me commented that they thought one of the Olympus cameras they felt had a better quality EVF. What model Olympus, I simply don't recall. In amy case, who knows if the demo unit I tried has thr final EVF that will bw used prior to release.

I think its prudent to hear from early adopters to get an accurate assessment. My other convern was the almost 8 second start up time which I presume will be improved before the camera is released.

Dave (D&A)9
Ming Thein reports that the latest firmware he received is 1.13b. I think the X1D you handled just a week ago had 1.12. The firmware updates are coming fast and furious, which is very good news. I expect that it will operate quite well upon release, but there will be a succession of new features and performance optimizations over time.

D&A

Ming Thein reports that the latest firmware he received is 1.13b. I think the X1D you handled just a week ago had 1.12. The firmware updates are coming fast and furious, which is very good news. I expect that it will operate quite well upon release, but there will be a succession of new features and performance optimizations over time.
Thats correct. The demo unit I tested was firmware 1.12. I believe your assessment is correct regarding firmware revisions both prior to release and also during the initial first year phase of the camera.

I do wish they would announce what each revision addresses so that users can provide feedback for those issues that still remain a concern.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: