The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the X1D ????

Boinger

Confirmed with B&H today the "processing" label is generic to any open order. I also asked if the Dec 1 date on the website was a guess or if Hasselblad gave this as the arrival date....

Answer..."It's an estimate based on suggestions from the manufacturer."

The B&H rep asked me if I would like to have their manufacturer relations dept. reach out to Hasselblad for a more accurate estimate...I said, YES, PLEASE!

Here's the reply..."We are sorry to inform you that the HASSELBLAD X1D-50c MIRRORLESS CAMERA BODY is on back order by the manufacturer with no estimated time of delivery. As soon as we receive it from the manufacturer, we will promptly ship it to you and you will receive an email with a tracking number at that time. We apologize for this delay and for any inconvenience."

So the story continues...
I don't think that is true. I used to track my order before and it very clearly used to say backordered.

I guess time will tell.

hcubell

I don't think that is true. I used to track my order before and it very clearly used to say backordered.

I guess time will tell.
Perhaps B&H does this with expensive items that were back ordered for long periods of time. They may be trying to find out who is still serious about the X1D and who may now want to cancel their preorder.

algrove

I have a paid for item with B&H which is out of stock and they have no replenishment time fom the manufacturer (Fuji) and my order has said "processing" for over one week, but I called and they have no stock to process.

As said just wait or cancel.

Boinger

Hasselblad sure made a lot of suckers with the early announcement vs availability
As a frequent early adopter of new bleeding edge tech more frequently than I is probably healthy for my wallet.

I have honestly experienced an on time delivery maybe a handful of times, if that even.

Delays are quite the norm when it comes to new tech.

But think of the time you have had to save or selling things on ebay...

But remind me, when they said September, did they specify a year?
I am not sure they ever said September after missing August. B&H was the source of that piece of misinformation, according to a Hasselblad rep I spoke to at one of the demos.

D&A

There should be some sort of official meet up when we finally have our cameras :)
Hey, what about us guys (and gals) who are on the outside looking in? If not, I'm taking my toys (cameras and lenses) and go somewhere else where someone is certain to welcome those of us who are slightly behind having the latest and greatest. LOL. :)

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

jrp

Well I had a play with one in the shop and, as I suspected, it is not yet ready for prime time. I can't show you any pictures because it kept crashing when trying to write them to a perfectly normal Sandisk 95Mb/s card. Perhaps I should have reformatted the card (which seems to take forever), but whatever, the camera should not crash.

The handling is very attractive. The camera and 45/90mm lenses is light and easy to grip. The main button on top feels a bit plasticky, although it is metal, presumably because the spring is not correctly tensioned.

The menus are fairly easy to navigate, but there is not Auto White Balance, and the focus point cannot be moved and focusing is quite slow (compared with SLRs / Mirrorless 35mm). There is an AutoISO, but I did not have time to evaluate it.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell whether the new camera is worth it as I have no pics from it, no matter how wonderful the sensor. :thumbdown:

hcubell

Well I had a play with one in the shop and, as I suspected, it is not yet ready for prime time. I can't show you any pictures because it kept crashing when trying to write them to a perfectly normal Sandisk 95Mb/s card. Perhaps I should have reformatted the card (which seems to take forever), but whatever, the camera should not crash.

The handling is very attractive. The camera and 45/90mm lenses is light and easy to grip. The main button on top feels a bit plasticky, although it is metal, presumably because the spring is not correctly tensioned.

The menus are fairly easy to navigate, but there is not Auto White Balance, and the focus point cannot be moved and focusing is quite slow (compared with SLRs / Mirrorless 35mm). There is an AutoISO, but I did not have time to evaluate it.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell whether the new camera is worth it as I have no pics from it, no matter how wonderful the sensor. :thumbdown:
What firmware was the X1D running?

PedroL

The card should definitely be formatted in camera before use. I never had situation like yours. Before camera start shipping there will be a new updated firmware. A really cool and excellent gear.

jrp

I did not check the firmware version, but was advised that it had been updated recently, improving autofocus speed. The crashes came not just with my card but with a formatted shop card. The firmware is obviously immature. It will encounter all sorts of SD cards in the wild, and cannot just crash with ordinary Sandisk cards.

wellfleet

I did not check the firmware version, but was advised that it had been updated recently, improving autofocus speed. The crashes came not just with my card but with a formatted shop card. The firmware is obviously immature. It will encounter all sorts of SD cards in the wild, and cannot just crash with ordinary Sandisk cards.
Sounds like the camera didn't have the latest firmware as of Nov.14th.

Ming Thein says:
November 14, 2016 at 7:48 AM
No problem. I just received a new firmware which has significantly increased speed and added movable AF points, so the finished version will likely be even better still🙂