The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the X1D ????

jduncan

tashley

Subscriber Member
Mine arrives Friday. First one I've heard of in UK. Of course, early Saturday I'm heading off on a week long trip for which the X1D won't be suitable....

Godfrey

I have the same question. I ordered a spare on September 25 and a second one recently. Neither has been shipped. Is it that difficult to make a Li-ion battery?
Funny stuff. People are saying the same about the new Leica M10 battery ... :toocool:
It must take more time than expected to get these things into the pipeline.

G

Godfrey

Mine arrives Friday. First one I've heard of in UK. Of course, early Saturday I'm heading off on a week long trip for which the X1D won't be suitable....
Good luck with it, Tim! I look forward to seeing your X1D work. :)

G

hcubell

I have the same question. I ordered a spare on September 25 and a second one recently. Neither has been shipped. Is it that difficult to make a Li-ion battery?

Joe
I checked with the Hasselblad office in the US. I was told the spare batteries and the HC lens adapter should be available within two weeks.

pflower

Looks like the UK is finally getting some deliveries. I ordered directly from Hasselblad UK in June and just got an email saying that it should arrive next week. If so that is great timing since I am off to India the following week and the X1D is definitely suitable - it means that I won't have to lug a larger H series camera around with me. I was also told that the adapter will be available in mid-march and that it will work with autofocus with newer HC lenses (not sure what "newer" actually means but some rumours on the forums say post 2006). I also ordered a couple of extra batteries but no confidence that those will be available before I leave.

jduncan

Looks like the UK is finally getting some deliveries. I ordered directly from Hasselblad UK in June and just got an email saying that it should arrive next week. If so that is great timing since I am off to India the following week and the X1D is definitely suitable - it means that I won't have to lug a larger H series camera around with me. I was also told that the adapter will be available in mid-march and that it will work with autofocus with newer HC lenses (not sure what "newer" actually means but some rumours on the forums say post 2006). I also ordered a couple of extra batteries but no confidence that those will be available before I leave.
Great that you are going to have your camera for the trip.
Under the penalty of being called captain obvious: Please carry a second camera if it's a one in a lifetime trip :)
Ah, and remember to post pictures when you return :)

Best regards,

hcubell

I tend to doubt the spare batteries will be available before you leave for India. You may want to consider getting a car AC charger and/or a backup battery pack that has an AC outlet to use to recharge the X1D battery.

pflower

No, I also have no confidence that extra batteries will be available, but from reports and from my Hasselblad rep a battery should give about 280 shots (others have suggested a bit more). That will probably be OK given that I have a very specific agenda already planned. Also India has a perfectly good electricity system and we will be staying in hotels overnight. And yes I will be taking rather a lot of cameras - the main one being an ancient 503cx with a lot of film and my Sony A7ii plus others. Anticipating that the X1D would not arrive before departure I was mulling over whether to buy an A7rii and use the A7ii as a digital backup and had also arranged to hire a H5D-50 in India. If it does arrive that makes the hire obsolete and I can use the A7II as a digital backup. Looking around the UK at the moment - dull, grey, windy and wet - I am suddenly getting quite enthused about a couple of weeks in the sun and colour of India. Will certainly report back as to how the X1D works as a travel camera - always assuming it does arrive - never count your chickens...

I tend to doubt the spare batteries will be available before you leave for India. You may want to consider getting a car AC charger and/or a backup battery pack that has an AC outlet to use to recharge the X1D battery.

Nebster

My X1D shipped from Adorama today, whee. I was probably the first one to place an order with them back in the summer.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Hmm... where is the X1D? I know that mine didn't show up today as promised and so I won't get acquainted with it for ten days while I'm away.

Not that I am in any way surprised!

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Things seem to work that way at times ...

But I am sure you will have some gorgeous weather coming upon your return to examine its limits.

Bob

hcubell

Hmm... where is the X1D? I know that mine didn't show up today as promised and so I won't get acquainted with it for ten days while I'm away.

Is this post-BREXIT treatment for UK customers?

Joe is awesome! I found out that mine is in transit just after he told me his was available. So I am getting mine form my dealer next week and hopefully someone else who has been waiting can get his.

Godfrey

Annoying, but such it is.

(This spoken by someone whose expected "two hour job" to install new laundry appliances has now taken approximately a month... and it still isn't finished. Sigh...)

G