The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Flextight X5 to MFD Scanning?

tjv

A while back Hasselblad sent me a survey about how to improve their scanners.
One of the questions was about the firewire interface being changed to USB 3 and / or thunderbolt, another was about software and how best to move that forward.

I hadn't thought about a plugin for Lightroom, but did suggest full integration with Phocus (to keep editing consistent with digital backs, etc,) and at least USB 3.

I love my X1 and 949. Great bits of gear and exceptionally easy to use. The software is crap, but like Stuart I get what I want from it. Every dollar well spent on these units in my book, although in 2016/17 I think the above mentioned things do need improving to make it viable for new customers going into the future.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Could you could provide an indication of the price?
There isn't a "the price".

It's all modular. The system components that are available to build a system include six kinds of holders, a stage, two kinds of legs, an illuminant, a camera stand or repro bench, an optional custom body, an optional custom lens, a digital back, Capture One CH, and install/training/shipping. Fully loaded and maxed out, starting from scratch you could spend $100k. But many (most?) photographers will have components they can reuse with no or only minimal loss of quality. For example if you already own a high quality lightbox and a 100mp XF kit with a 120 Macro then those components can be used on our system. For photographers with a lot of great gear lying around they may be in the "several k" category of required components. Or for those that just want a really great carrier to use with an otherwise-macgyver'd system then only "hundreds".

We're glad to provide comprehensive pricing options based on determining whether you have components you can repurpose. Just contact us.