The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recommended battery for CFV-50c

JohnBrew

What are you using? Mine came with a Kapahen battery and charger, a 7.4Vdc while on the Hasselblad site the specification page shows it takes an 8.4Vdc! Really can't find this brand anywhere. There is a Sony replacement at B&H but it is only 1600Ah and 7.2Vdc, while the Kapa is 2400Ah. It really doesn't help that the back only shows the charge when it is low.
Thanks.

Grayhand

I got a charger marked "Hasselblad" and 8.4V/600 mA.
Interestingly the batteries are marked 7.2V/2200 mAh and 7.2V/4400 mAh
No brand is indicated but marked "Fit SON.NP-F550/NP-570" and "Fit SON.NP-F750/NP-770"

This was delivered with the back, bought from Goecker in Copenhagen/Malmö.

Ray

MomentsForZen

Hi there.

On the subject of re-chargeable batteries for the CFV-50c, the literature indicates "7.2V Sony InfoLithium L type − NP-F550" or equivalent".

B&H sells the following replacements which have worked well for me ...

Watson NP-F550 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.4V, 2200mAh) B&H # WANPF550 MFR # B-4203

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/835995-REG/watson_b_4203_np_f550_lithium_ion_battery_pack.html

:) ... MomentsForZen (Richard)

P.S. I share your annoyance that the back doesn't provide a battery level indicator until it is crisis time !

Photon42

AccuCell Akku NP-F550 replacement. Compared to the weight of the camera, the battery is small enough to bring at least one spare. If the back complains, I swap. No complaints. They also last reasonably long.