The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One back/body/lens compatibilities?

gerald.d

Hi all -

Apologies if this has been discussed previously, but I am currently selling my Achromatic+ back (the one based on the P45+), and a potential purchaser has asked some compatibility questions that I don't know the answers to.

What was a surprise to me was to find out that the older P and P+ backs are no longer compatible with the new XF body.

I still have an AF that I am happy to provide with my back to get around this challenge, but now the question is, are the new "blue-ring" lenses compatible with the AF body?

If there is a chart somewhere that details exactly what combinations of back/body/lenses work, that would be most helpful!

Kind regards,

Gerald.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
XF body: Supports all backs released after 2009. i.e. IQ, IQ2, IQ3, Credo
LS and LS BR lenses: Supports all bodies released after 2009. i.e. DF, DF+, iXR, XF

So no, the XF does not support the P/P+ backs (released 2004 to 2008) and the LS/LS-BR lenses do not support the AF (released 2008).

Hi all -

Apologies if this has been discussed previously, but I am currently selling my Achromatic+ back (the one based on the P45+), and a potential purchaser has asked some compatibility questions that I don't know the answers to.

What was a surprise to me was to find out that the older P and P+ backs are no longer compatible with the new XF body.

I still have an AF that I am happy to provide with my back to get around this challenge, but now the question is, are the new "blue-ring" lenses compatible with the AF body?

If there is a chart somewhere that details exactly what combinations of back/body/lenses work, that would be most helpful!

Kind regards,

Gerald.

The Achromatic+ back is a unicorn...I keep looking for one on eBay, but they only seem to show up once a year. If you deal does not go through...please let me know.