The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rodenstock HR Digaron-S VS HR Digaron-W

TsurTriger

As far as I read the differences are sum-up in IC size (70mm vs 90mm), when those series both give high resolution MTF for modern digital backs with small pixels size (highest resolution back, etc 100MP). The HR Digaron-S was the first to came with small IC and the HR Digaron-W arrived later in order to give a bit larger IC in order to have more T&S on MF digital backs.

Any other differences that one is better than the other?

dchew

Yes the S has smaller IC's, but I think that is the only conclusion you can draw from the differences.

Originally there was some marketing around the S being sharper and the W being wider, but I have not found that to be the case in regards to the S group. I had a 100hr-s that was nothing special, while I would consider the 40 and 70 hr-w's to be "special." The 90 hr-sw is "super special". ;)

Dave