The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

About to possibly purchase the H6d 100c: have a few questions

JK12

So first off has anyone had any experience with Hasselblad's customer service? It's a huge investment to make and I want to make sure that in the event something needs repair that I won't be dealing with a company that isn't helpful.

stngoldberg

Although I recently traded in my H5d50 back for a P1 back, I am responding to your query because I found Hasselblad service to be superior
Their staff is knowledgeable and my camera/lens always came back perfectly functioning whatever the issue was.
The communication was also very good
Stanley

rmueller

Maybe depends a bit on your location, at least here in Germany (and i guess its true for most of Europe) the HB service is great. I had once an incident where the shutter of my 120mm broke far remote in Ireland. I called my local
dealer in Germany, he offered to send another 120mm via express to wherever i would be the next day. I didn't
make use of this service BUT it is good to know the option exists. All repairs my equipment has gone through in the
last 8+ years was handled professionally and on-time with detailed explanation of what was done.
While most of the communication is happening through my local dealer, i do know and communicate with the HB
rep for that region, no issues with that, all very friendly and helpful.

Regards,
Ralf

hcubell

Although I recently traded in my H5d50 back for a P1 back, I am responding to your query because I found Hasselblad service to be superior
Their staff is knowledgeable and my camera/lens always came back perfectly functioning whatever the issue was.
The communication was also very good
Stanley
This is consistent with my experience with Hasselblad service as well. There are "real" people in the US working in service for Hasselblad that know wha they are doing. I had to have the central shutter replaced on my HC 210mm lens a while ago, and the repair was handled quickly and with excellent communication. I think it took 2-3 weeks to turn it around.
One thing to consider depending upon how and where you will use your system is that I am not sure that Hasselblad still has a "hot swap" loaner system for the H6D systems the way Phase does if you pay the upcharge for the Value Added warranty. I always thought a "hot swap" program was really important, but I have found over 11 years with medium format digital with both Phase and Hasselblad that I was always somewhere in the world when a camera, back or lens failed that I could not take advantage of the "hot swap."

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Phase does if you pay the upcharge for the Value Added warranty.
Quick note that Phase One IQ3 includes the 5 year loaner-warranty by default. It's not an upcharge. This is a change from years past when there was a separate charge/upgrade for that warranty.

The warranty on the IQ1 series is a more basic 1 year warranty.

Dustbak

I have had multiple dealings with HB over the years. Broken main IC board, broken lenses and even a complete sensor fail. In all cases HB was very helpful and swift in solving the issues. Some repairs were even done under warranty while they technically were not obliged to do so. HB takes customer satisfaction very seriously (which is my opinion and experience).

cerett

No issues at all. In the past, some items have had to go back to Sweden for repair, but the turn around time was reasonable. Not to worry.

kdphotography

I just purchased a Hasselblad Flextight X5 film scanner. Windows 10 made things unnecessarily difficult, but Hasselblad customer service knew exactly what to do----friendly and professional. According to Kevin Raber's article over on LL, it appears that DJI has taken over Hasselblad as the majority shareholder. Lot of changes of hands over the years for Hasselblad. I do hope they continue on their current direction and leave their past blunders behind.

My concern is that support for the Flextight X5 continues. Hasselblad really doesn't have a direct competitor for a drum scanning machine imho (and no, I don't regard the Phase answer as similar).

Ken

JK12

Thank you all for sharing your experiences! They certainly help to alleviate some
of the trepidation in making such a huge investment if I decide to go with Hasselblad. Hearing about their new financial matters doesn't really surprise me and for some reason part of me thinks it might truly benefit them- but who knows. I am also considering PhaseOne- but not sure that their iq100 (the one I could conceivably afford) will give me enough of what I want.
Please feel free to continue to share your experiences. Thank you.

algrove

Not meant to highjack this thread, but I have the IQ3-100 and have not been happier with the results and service questions. PM me if you want further info.

tcdeveau

My experiences mirror those others have had. I always found Hasselblad service to be very helpful when I had my H4D-40 here in the US. The person that handles billing I found to be rather rude (then again being from the south, southerners perceive a lot of ppl from NJ/NY as rude) but that's not a big deal. You deal directly with ppl in the New Jersey office, and if they can't fix it stateside, it goes back to Sweden. They try to troubleshoot with you as best they can before requesting you send in gear for service as well. I recently had my 35-90mm serviced and the turn around to replace an AF motor was about a week from when they received it. Even when my back had to go back to Sweden, turn around was reasonable (about a month) considering a lot of that time they were on Holiday. The regional reps I've dealt with have also been very responsive.

bab

No issues with repair! Great service period. Hasselblad is priced for purchasing customers so you get the benefit of a tool doing the same job for a lower price. Phase is priced for leasing so your able to support their dealer network and help finance the equipment to those leasing. Its a wonderful world!

Craig Stocks

Be sure to check out your dealer's reputation. I don't know if it's the same with HB but with Phase you work with your dealer and they represent your interests to Phase and, in many cases, they take care of you directly.

I've been dealing with Capture Integration in Atlanta and could not be happier with their support. I can list lots of things they've taken care of and can't think of anything they didn't do or could have done better. I'm sure there are other equally good dealers out there, but I know for a fact that my original dealer was not even close to the same level of customer service - which is why I switched to CI.

hcubell

Be sure to check out your dealer's reputation. I don't know if it's the same with HB but with Phase you work with your dealer and they represent your interests to Phase and, in many cases, they take care of you directly.

I've been dealing with Capture Integration in Atlanta and could not be happier with their support. I can list lots of things they've taken care of and can't think of anything they didn't do or could have done better. I'm sure there are other equally good dealers out there, but I know for a fact that my original dealer was not even close to the same level of customer service - which is why I switched to CI.
Capture Integration is simply the best. I only wished they sold everything I wanted. Sadly, they are not a Hasselblad dealer.

Last edited:

JK12

Does anyone know if the H6d 100c has an electronic shutter?

Also- thanks for the continued testimonies.

Dustbak

Euh no. The shutter is in the lenses, a central shutter. Speeds go up to 1/2000 for the new lenses (1/1000 for the older ones). Sync can be done in any speed.

JK12

I think it's an interesting feature in regards to it's ability to eliminate vibration within the camera- it's one feature that makes me interested in the iq3100. If they had it in the iq100 It would be what I might go with.

gerald.d

Euh no. The shutter is in the lenses, a central shutter. Speeds go up to 1/2000 for the new lenses (1/1000 for the older ones). Sync can be done in any speed.
Well it has to have at least come kind of electronic shutter potential, otherwise, how would it do video?

I somehow think we've not seen the last of the 100c's capabilities....

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Paul2660

Does anyone know if the H6d 100c has an electronic shutter?

Also- thanks for the continued testimonies.
It's in Hasselblad's statement of future support that the ES will be considered.

Not sure when the timeframe is

Paul Caldwell