The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

About to possibly purchase the H6d 100c: have a few questions

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

Video output doesn't sample all pixels.

The Fuji GFX has been reported to implement both EFCS and full ES on the Sony 50 MP sensor, neither Hasselblad or Phase One have this on the 50 MP sensor.

EFCS/ES or not may depend much more on ASICs in camera than sensor…

Best regards
Erik

Well it has to have at least come kind of electronic shutter potential, otherwise, how would it do video?

I somehow think we've not seen the last of the 100c's capabilities....

Kind regards,

Gerald.

jduncan

Euh no. The shutter is in the lenses, a central shutter. Speeds go up to 1/2000 for the new lenses (1/1000 for the older ones). Sync can be done in any speed.

Hi,
Not really. The new lenses with the new camera will do 1/2000 because the sensor is reset during the exposure.
The old ones, in theory, can do 1/800 (fully electro-mechanical operation). In the old cameras, the new lenses will do, in good theory 1/1000 (fully electro-mechanical operation).
Simpler: The new mechanial shutter can do 1/1000s, the new H6D has shutter reset during the operation.

Best regards.

Paul2660

It's in Hasselblad's statement of future support that the ES will be considered.

Not sure when the timeframe is

Paul Caldwell
Tried to edit this, but the edit button seems to only stay on for 1 day, (strange feature IMO).

However it's been pointed out to me, that the consideration by Hasselblad on the ES support currently applied to the use of an external electronic shutter, like the Rodenstock e-shutter. The addition of a ES in camera may happen in the future, but it was not in the list of future feature upgrades I was reading and misinterpreted.

Paul Caldwell