The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for a 95mm UV-filter with 100mm outer diameter for my HCD35-90

Udo

All the best for 2017!

I am looking for a 95mm circular UV or clear filter with 100mm outer diameter in order to utilise a LEE 100mm push-on filter holder on my HCD35-90 lens. Most of those filters (e.g. B+W) are 97 to 98mm. Does anyone have any suggestion? Thanks very much.

Regards, Udo

JeRuFo

Good quality 95mm filters are expensive. If you'd rather not have glass in there it is probably just as cheap to approach a local machine shop and have them make you exactly what you want, especially if you have to import a filter otherwise.

jecxz

Good quality 95mm filters are expensive. If you'd rather not have glass in there it is probably just as cheap to approach a local machine shop and have them make you exactly what you want, especially if you have to import a filter otherwise.
If you invest in a high quality lens you don't go cheap on the filter. Hasselblad sells a 95mm screw on polarizer that can accept the Lee push on.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/co...ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876,91438732682,&Q=&A=details

Email me if you have questions.

Kind regards,
Derek

danord

Hello!
In my experience you don't need a special 100mm outer-diameter filter. I use regular (not slim) 95mm UV-filters on my 95mm H-lenses (35-90 and 28). The push-on holder from Lee fits those perfectly, no issues. Regarding brand, I have one Hasselblad filter and one from kenko. I have removed the glass on both to only use the ring for the push-on holder. Works like a charm except for some vignetting on the full-frame sensor.
Hope this helps.

danord

Last edited:

JeRuFo

If you invest in a high quality lens you don't go cheap on the filter. Hasselblad sells a 95mm screw on polarizer that can accept the Lee push on.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/co...ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876,91438732682,&Q=&A=details

Email me if you have questions.

Kind regards,
Derek
Not using a filter is better than an expensive filter. I mentioned it because he simply seems to want a ring to put the filter holder on. Why put another piece of glass on there if you also put 1 or more square filters on.

jecxz

Not using a filter is better than an expensive filter. I mentioned it because he simply seems to want a ring to put the filter holder on. Why put another piece of glass on there if you also put 1 or more square filters on.
You are correct, for some reason I thought he wrote polarizer. Have a good weekend.

Kind regards,
Derek

Udo

Many thanks for all your replies and hints.

@ Jeff: thanks for that link. This Leica lens has a bit longer front lens barrel beyond the protrusions (guessing around 8 to 9mm) which are part of the bayonet for the lens hood. The H(CD) lenses' front barrels are designed in a similar way but with a front barrel's length of approximately 3 to 4mm beyond the lens hood's bayonet which is too short to fix the push-on filter properly.

So I was looking for a filter (ring) which extends the front barrel with its exact diameter in order to gain the space needed for the push-on filter holder.

The search continues...

Regards, Udo

why do you want to use the Lee push-on filter holder for the 100mm system instead using the standard 95mm Adapter ring? Can you enlighten me/us?
thanks

Udo

why do you want to use the Lee push-on filter holder for the 100mm system instead using the standard 95mm Adapter ring? Can you enlighten me/us?
thanks
The combination you mentioned starts to vignette for focal lengths <=38mm if two filters are being used.