The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help with interiors workflow - stitching, LCC profiles and white balance

Paul_Arthur

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the MFDB world and haven't used Capture One before, and so am a little bit bemused by it all.

I've got an IQ350, with an XF and that's fine, but sometimes I need to stitch images made on my Techno. That's where I start having trouble.

For example, if I have a three shot stitch I need to do with LCC profiles attached - the Stitch in Photoshop script returns an unknown error, so that won't work, and what I'd ideally like is to arrive at a stitched file that C1 can still edit in the same way as it would the raw files. I have found that editing in PS as a 16 bit tiff loses me some dynamic range, and even then, I have to go back through the import dialogue to get that file back in to C1 to do edits there.

What am I missing? In my 35mm, Lightroom days I could just do highlight and white balance corrections on one image, copy them across to the others, tell it to stitch, the stitch automatically appears in the project folder and then you can make your other changes from there. I'm struggling to see how best to do it in C1 as copying adjustments copies the LCC etc etc...

It's not a huge problem unless I need to rescue some highlight from a window, for example. Exporting out and back seems to be slow and leave me with similar range as I had when using a 35mm system

Any help on recommendations gratefully received - platform changes aren't easy, and I'm finding this one particularly fraught with difficulty! 4x5 trannies were easy in comparison!

Best wishes

Paul

I have also found it annoying that copying and applying adjustments in C1 does not guarantee the same white balance among images shot at about the same time, even if the white balance numbers are the same.

My solution is to do LCC for each picture, then "white balance-pick" reference spots in each picture (and hopefully such reference spots can be found in each image), then use PTGui to stitch, which does a better job than Photoshop.