The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question on IQ of Hasselblad 50-110 HC zoom lens

algrove

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of this lens? Would very much like to hear your experiences. Does the AF work well and is it a high quality performer or a dog?

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

It seems to be cat…

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 18.14.06.jpg

My criterium for an excellent lens are:

MTF at 20 lp/mm > 80 over the field
MTF at 40 lp/mm > 60 over the field

Very few lenses pass that. The Hasselblad 120/4 passes it at f/8 but not at f/4:
Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 18.18.48.jpg

Best regards
Erik

Best regards
Erik

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of this lens? Would very much like to hear your experiences. Does the AF work well and is it a high quality performer or a dog?

Mr.Gale

I'm pleased with mine although I don't have extensive experience with a lot of different lens. I only have the 50-110mm, 100mm, and 28mm and use the 50-110 the most. Below is a unsharpened example at full size and at almost 100%.

Mr.Gale

Attachments

cerett

Excellent lens
Stanley
Agree. Never have had any problems with overall sharpness at all focal lengths. The only issue I have is that it is big and heavy. I must confess that I also have a 35-90 (outstanding lens) and get much more use out of it.

Agree. Never have had any problems with overall sharpness at all focal lengths. The only issue I have is that it is big and heavy. I must confess that I also have a 35-90 (outstanding lens) and get much more use out of it.
Image quality was always good on this lens, the only issue was that the older ones tended to come apart sometimes. I believe they figured out the issue and solved this. This was from a while ago and I haven't heard about this recently, but did just want to point it out. I ended up with the 35-90 partially because of this and pairing that with the 100 2.2 and 1.7x and extensions tubes, I only need two lenses.

Jeffg53

I used one for a few years. I only replaced it when I got the 35-90 at a very good price. It is an excellent lens.

Tazdog

I'm pleased with mine although I don't have extensive experience with a lot of different lens. I only have the 50-110mm, 100mm, and 28mm and use the 50-110 the most. Below is a unsharpened example at full size and at almost 100%.

Mr.Gale
Which body and back were you using for those images?