The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad h6d 100c availability?

JK12

Anyone have any conclusive time frame as to the lead times one might expect to receive one of these? Thanks in advance.

hcubell

It may be inaccurate, but I was told by a dealer in NYC that the H6D100 is available quickly now in the US.

bernardl

Ordered mine mid December, will get mine on Wed, so about a month with year end in the middle.

Cheers,
Bernard

cerett

This is likely true. They probably have just been ramping up production same story with the X1d.
Totally agree. I am scheduled to receive my 100c tomorrow after a five month wait! I don't have any facts, but a very strong sense that they are finally catching up. I hope (and believe) that firmware updates are around the corner.

mkerouac

Totally agree. I am scheduled to receive my 100c tomorrow after a five month wait! I don't have any facts, but a very strong sense that they are finally catching up. I hope (and believe) that firmware updates are around the corner.
I think Hasselblad has caught up. I received my 100c today. My order was one of the 100c upgrades from the H6D50c. upgrade program The upgrades were the last orders to be filled from backlog. We already had the 50c version in hand, so Hasselblad felt (for the most part rightfully so) that we could wait a bit longer. So at this point, I think a brand new order would have a fairly fast turnaround. Some of the big boys, may even stock one soon.

Nick-T

I think Hasselblad has caught up. I received my 100c today. My order was one of the 100c upgrades from the H6D50c. upgrade program The upgrades were the last orders to be filled from backlog. We already had the 50c version in hand, so Hasselblad felt (for the most part rightfully so) that we could wait a bit longer. So at this point, I think a brand new order would have a fairly fast turnaround. Some of the big boys, may even stock one soon.
They are indeed catching up and so are Sony, Sony have been slow all of last year especially on the 100s but are coming right now.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
They are indeed catching up and so are Sony, Sony have been slow all of last year especially on the 100s but are coming right now.
Interesting. You're saying Sony was slow on deliveries last year. What then, would be your explanation as to how Phase One was able to deliver IQ3 100mp backs throughout all of last year (deliveries began in January), with the exception of about a month after the earthquake at the factory? The issue definitely wasn't low demand by end users; it's been the best selling back since I started doing this in 2008.

jduncan

Interesting. You're saying Sony was slow on deliveries last year. What then, would be your explanation as to how Phase One was able to deliver IQ3 100mp backs throughout all of last year (deliveries began in January), with the exception of about a month after the earthquake at the factory? The issue definitely wasn't low demand by end users; it's been the best-selling back since I started doing this in 2008.
Hi,
I don't know if it's possible to answer this without a fully understanding of the interworking and status of the 3 companies.
Maybe Sony already had the Phase one (contracted) Chips in store, maybe Hasselblad is selling far more, maybe ... We can go for years.

I fail to see how this kind of exercise will be productive in any way.
Please take into account that you can doubt Nick and try to prove him wrong, but the point is:
You are also related to a vendor, we could do the same about your afirmation that "it's been the best-selling back " (I trully believe you).

As I say, in my view, this is not productive, nor related to the issue at hand.

Best regards,

Nick-T

Interesting. You're saying Sony was slow on deliveries last year. What then, would be your explanation as to how Phase One was able to deliver IQ3 100mp backs throughout all of last year (deliveries began in January), with the exception of about a month after the earthquake at the factory? The issue definitely wasn't low demand by end users; it's been the best selling back since I started doing this in 2008.
Doug this is the last time I'm going to engage with you, I'm sick of your tiresome digs at me and Hasselblad.

I spoke to Perry earlier this year and he told that Sony had been slow on deliveries last year and the the December batch only came in a few days before Christmas, perhaps you think you are better informed than the (ex) CEO of Hasselblad?

In any case I'm out of any conversation involving you as I'm tried of the trolling.

stephengilbert

Please don't stop. These pssing contests are what make the internet great.

I thought the fact that B&H had the camera in stock was a pretty good answer to this thread, but I guess I was wrong.

hcubell

I thought the fact that B&H had the camera in stock was a pretty good answer to this thread, but I guess I was wrong.
You think it's easy over at Digital Transitions reading these endless posts about "Where is the X1D" and the "X1D v. the Fuji GFX"? To add insult to injury, Fotocare in NYC now sells Phase One systems as well as Hasselblad and Fuji. Doug is very, very good, but he is not a magician.

Nick-T

Please don't stop. These pssing contests are what make the internet great.
It's not really a pissing contest. Doug and I are very different. Doug works for DT and has excellent technical skills and is a passionate Phase supporter. Unfortunately he has a bug up his *** about Hasselblad which is why he posts on a Canon 5D forum saying "the X1D isn't medium format" despite Phase selling the same chip. I have friends at Phase One and think they make great products, I certainly don't feel the need to go out and troll Phase threads. Maybe Phase have an X1D competitor up their sleeves, let's hopes so, I really want MF to thrive.

The other difference is that I am a commercial photographer, it's what I do. You can see my work here:

www.nick-t.com

I know Doug does the occasional wedding on the side but that's just not the same thing, shooting is my livelihood and supports my family.

Over the years I have established a close relationship with Hasselblad which has meant my gear works and my business thrives. I'm also lucky enough to be able to talk directly to people at Hasselblad and have input. I also run a forum for Hasselblad users which I think has become a useful resource over the years and which grew out out a Yahoo group that I set up in 2001 to help us navigate the digital wilderness.

So no, not really a pissing contest, I just get sick of Doug's continuous sniping at Hasselblad. I should probably get over it.

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

Interesting to hear...

I would think that Phase One has done good arrangement with Sony and had a good stock of inventory before the earthquake.

According to reliable information, Eric Fossum who invented the CMOS sensor among others, it takes about three months to produce a CMOS sensor. So that Sony factory damaged probably did not make any new sensor for something like 9 months. So the disturbance to Sony production was considerable. Sony has other factories of course, but moving production to another 'fab' is probably not trivial.

So, it seems that Phase One was successful in securing sensor supply, other vendors may have been less fortunate.

You say that the IQ3100 MP is the best selling back since you have been in the business. What proportions are going to professional photography and what to amateurs?

Hasselblad had a reasonable solution for their H6D 100c costumers, offering a 50c model while waiting for delivery of the 100c.

With Hasselblad the 100c model seems to be something like 7000$US over the 50c model, very reasonable for a sensor that is significantly larger and therefore significantly more expensive.

Best regards
Erik

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Not sure where this reaction is coming from. I'm simply stating that Sony produced too few sensors last year. A bunch of Sony 50/100 sensors shipped both before and after the earthquake (as evidenced by the cameras that shipped inside of). I won't speculate on the cause of the delay of the X1D and H6D-100c; I was just saying sensor-production was clearly not the cause of more than a month or two delay.

Whatever the cause of the delay, both products are now shipping.

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I fail to see how this kind of exercise will be productive in any way.
Please take into account that you can doubt Nick and try to prove him wrong, but the point is:
You are also related to a vendor, we could do the same about your affirmation that "it's been the best-selling back " (I trully believe you).
That's fair. Though P1 2016 financials should be released in a few months, so you don't need to take my word. After all I mainly have a view of US shipments so probably should have said "at least in the USA".

Anyway now we're off topic; though the topic has been firmly answered. It's available!

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
You think it's easy over at Digital Transitions reading these endless posts about "Where is the X1D" and the "X1D v. the Fuji GFX"?
On the contrary I find it all quite exciting. I've worked in medium format for nearly a decade now and it's never been a more exciting market segment. This is the segment that for years the most common question was "is this the end of medium format?" (made every single time a new small-format camera was released). Over the past few years many of the features were added that medium format users begged for for years (live view, good high ISO, faster capture rates, good screens, etc).

Now in 2017 there is a whole new category of larger-than-35mm mirrorless cameras, new companies investing in medium format, and broader interest in larger-than-35mm than there has been in at least a decade.

Whatever else I am, my truest calling is as a gear nerd, and 2017 is a very good year to be a gear head who loves medium format.