The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One News (lots of it, and all good)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hey all,

I don't want to spam the board with Phase announcements so I've compressed it all into this thread. I hope it's considered a useful post as there are many active Phase shooters here. If any of you feel this is not an appropriate post please let me know; I want to be a good board member :D

P65+ Sensor+ goes to ISO 3200 and 1.4 fps
When the P65+ was announced, and even after the initial release, the stated specs were ISO 50-800 at full resolution and ISO 1600 at 15 megapixels using Phase One's patented Sensor+ Technology. The P65+ Sensor+ enabled backs are now starting to ship, but due to high demand individual users should contact their dealer for delivery times. Already delivered P65+ units (those who chose to take delivery before Sensor+ was available) will be able to update their units starting in late April to Sensor+ and should contact their dealers ([email protected] if you are our customer) for instructions.

I'm happy to bring you the news that Phase has shown yet again their strong ability to get the most out of a sensor. The P65+ will be able to shoot at ISO 3200 at 15 megapixels. In addition the max frame rate at 15 megapixels is 1.4 frames per second. Sample images will of course be posted in the next week or two, but I've seen some ISO 1600 and ISO 3200 images and the ISO 1600 is absolutely clean while the 3200, as one would expect from the highest native ISO of a system, is a bit noisy, but still, IMO quite usable.

I know I'm probably drinking the Kool-aid a bit, but I think this is fantastic. A single system which can produce usable ISO 3200 images at 15 megapixels as well as produce the cleanest, highest resolution, highest dynamic range image and can be used on a tech camera is really awesome. Throw in the full-frame zero-viewfinder-crop, the 1 fps (or 1.4fps @ 15mp) speed, and the ability to tether to, and process with Capture One and I think the back-ordered situation speaks for itself.

Phase One L Bracket
You can now buy an Arca-Swiss plate L-Bracket with leather strap from Phase One Dealers directly. This bracket, manufacturer by Really Right Stuff and available exclusively from Phase One dealers allows hand holding using a single hand (by means of the strap) as well as easy horizontal or vertical mounting of your body on an Arca-Swiss compatible tripod head (a normal screw in mount is also available for other tripod heads).

Pictures and a PDF at http://www.captureintegration.com/2009/03/...cket-available/

FW Cables for FW400-less Macs

Phase One has released official Phase One 15' and 30' (5m and 10m) FW400-to-FW800 cables. As a dealer, Capture Integration has taken the initiative of finding and testing our own 15' FW400-to-FW800 cables which we are selling for a little less than 1/4th the price offered by Phase One. More info on our cables.

Capture One 4.6.3 Release
This minor release should be posted to PhaseOne.com later today. It includes:
- Improved quality of P 65+ Sensor+ images (including at ISO3200)
- Improved consistency when reading Caption and
Copyright IPTC tags
- Live Preview for 8 Core Mac Pro’s improved
- Improved support for Canon 5DMKIIs Raw fw1.07 images

National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Knitting ski mask now. I want that ISO and shooting speed of the P65 plus with sensor plus for a event I start tonight and the next 4 days. Damn maybe they can postpone. LOL

Clawery

Anyone else notice the Cube in the picture of the L-bracket? Very cool

Thanks Doug!
Looks like your RRS and Arca Cube owners need to get one! I must say that I personally purchased the RRS BH-55LR and love it! It's built solid and works like a champ. The new L-bracket is a nice addition to Phase One's arsenal of tools.

Chris Lawery [URL="mailto:[email protected]](Email Me)[/URL]
Sales Manager at Capture Integration
Phase One, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 404.234.5195
Newsletter: [URL="http://www.captureintegration.com/our-company/newsletters/]Read Latest or Sign Up[/URL]

J

jmvdigital

Thanks for the update Chris. Any idea and when/if that vertical grip will be release for the Phase body? Or did I already miss it?

stephengilbert

If you live in the U.S., you can save a few (actually, a few hundred) dollars buying a Cube from Robert White.

Now I'm not suggesting that anyone do this, I'm just saying.

PeterA

Hi Doug - thanks for the post and the great job you guys do keeping the forum up to date re Phase One developments - very exciting!

tashley

Subscriber Member
If you live in the U.S., you can save a few (actually, a few hundred) dollars buying a Cube from Robert White.

Now I'm not suggesting that anyone do this, I'm just saying.
I SO WANT ONE. It looks like a small part of a spacecraft from the future. Yum.