The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Why don't you just make like a GFX and leaf!

Leaf shutter that is...

Leaked :: Images + Specs of Fujifilm GFX Lens Adapter & WCL/TCL-X100 Ver.II - Fuji Rumors

In a 'most predictable' move, that old Hasselblad partnership is paying off I *cough* oh I'm sorry I mean GX645AF camera is paying off! Just as the X1D can take the Hasselblad lenses and fire the leaf shutters, so too will the GFX. Just as with the X1D, the H lenses will be manual focus only, but, if you get access to the leaf shutter that's probably worth it for some users. Perhaps the AF will be enabled in future firmware versions. Who knows, but just looking at what we know now, there is very little left to complain about with the GFX. *cough* faster than 2.8 normal! *cough* Oh yeesh this time of year does bring out the strangest coughs.

From translated post:

9 interchangeable lenses for “GX645AF” “SUPER EBCFUJINON HC LENS” total 9 teleconverters available
Focusing is limited to manual focus
It is possible to change the aperture with the command dial of the body or to take pictures with “lens shutter” built in the lens
It has electrical contacts that can communicate with the body, and it is possible to create, store and apply correction data etc. of each lens

V

Vivek

It seems to come with a decent tripod collar as well! :thumbup:

DB5

lol

63mm f2, 1.8 (or come on Fuji push it!) 1.4 and I'm in.

Love how they call them GX645 lenses instead of Hasselblad H.

lol

Given the 33x44 format, and the fact that Mamiya managed to make an 80/1.9, Contax an 80/2, I fully expect that Fuji can manage a 65/1.4 (I'd settle for 1.8).

drevil

Staff member
i heard at some point, that the mamiya 1.9 actually is not as fast as the name claims, that the value probably is above 2.0, did anybody hear something similar?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
i heard at some point, that the mamiya 1.9 actually is not as fast as the name claims, that the value probably is above 2.0, did anybody hear something similar?
Aperture is a measurement of lens focal length over actual aperture free diameter. Thus, technically speaking an aperture can measure f1.9 but light tx something less due to falloff -- and most lenses transmit less than stated aperture when shot wide open. At the end of the day, who is going to argue f1.9 over f2.1 or f0.95 over f1.1; or be able to even argue rounding down from f0.98 to 0.95, f1.96 to 1.9?

bernardl

I am pretty sure Fuji will release a few leaf shutter native lenses as well, but it could take some time.

Now, IMHO the main value of the adapter for them is to remove a lot of differentiation between the GFX and the H1D for existing Hassy users such as me.

With the ability to use my HC lenses on the Fuji, I see a lot less reason to go with the X1D.

Let's say that the GFX and H1D can now be evaluated for their own merit and not anymore due to some lens related constraints.

Cheers,
Bernard

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

As you may now Hasselblad H was a cooperation between Hasselblad and Fuji and Fuji sold the same camera under the GX645 name.

I guess that Fujifilm talks about the GX645 lenses instead of the HC lenses for legal reasons, but it would also indicate that full compatibility is not guaranteed.

Best regards
Erik

lol