The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Camera strap for Hasselblad H camera and protective cover for digital back

JK12

Anyone know if other manufacturers other than Hasselblad itself offer a strap that will fit the H camera?

Also- is there any type of protective cover out there for the back itself? I feel like I've seen something somewhere, perhaps ebay but I can't relocate it.

Thanks in advance

hcubell

Anyone know if other manufacturers other than Hasselblad itself offer a strap that will fit the H camera?

Also- is there any type of protective cover out there for the back itself? I feel like I've seen something somewhere, perhaps ebay but I can't relocate it.

Thanks in advance
Do you want to look good or feel good carrying your camera? If the former, check out Tap & Dye, who make custom straps for vintage Hasselblads, but they would do fine on an H6D.

pflower

Of course you don't need it. For reasons too long to explain I do and I am still waiting so perhaps we can come to a suitable arrangement.

As to straps, I find them essential but also annoying. I had the original Hasselblad strap for my H3D but when on a tripod it kept getting in the way and getting tangled. So a simple split ring on the camera plus any strap that you fancy with a carabinier clip on the end works well and can be easily removed if it gets in the way. I have an upstrap on my 503 ( I had to cannibalise the fixings from the original Hasselblad strap to fix it to the body, but with an H series you just need a split ring) - I can highly recommend the upstrap but with the H series any strap with a decent shoulder pad will work - the weight of the camera will keep it on your shoulder. Of course if you want to hang it round your neck you may need a lot more muscles than I have and something different.

Yowza!! After looking at their prices, "I'll take 'Feel Good' for $50, Alex [Trebek]." :ROTFL:

I'm still trying to convince my wife that I need the X1D.

Joe

TRixxY

eBay might be the way to go for the covers.
Just today i ordered a top, bottom and backside bodycover and a magazine cover, hope it fits the digital back too ...
Paid 10€ for each, think this is ok ... check europe/germany too ... they ship worldwide for a reasonable price.

Regarding the strap, I'd rather go with a SunSniper or Handstrap.
Don't think I would use a standard strap ...

cerett

Yowza!! After looking at their prices, "I'll take 'Feel Good' for $50, Alex [Trebek]." :ROTFL:

I'm still trying to convince my wife that I need the X1D.

Joe
Hi Joe. Needing something and wanting it are two different things. My wife is always quick to point out that I already have a number of cameras and why do I need one more. Good question. When I told her I wanted the 100c, I tried these approaches: 1 - Honey, I've worked hard all my life and been a good provider. I've earned this new camera, haven't I? 2 - I promise, this will be the last camera I ever buy. It is truly the ultimate and there will never be a future need to replace it. 3 - At some point, I will sell all of my other equipment to help pay for it. 4 - Life is to short and precious to deny me this camera and you never know what tomorrow will bring. 5 - Unlike some other people we know, I never spend money on expensive cars, clothing, jewelry, restaurants, etc.

Not sure she really believed any of it, but I did get the camera.

BANKER1

I've written those down on 3x5 cards for future reference. :ROTFL:

Joe
If only we could all have the humor exhibited in the last two posts. If so, all the hostile and harsh words heard here so often might fade away. One can only hope.

Greg

Sorry, I have 1st dibs on his camera if his wife forces him to sell it! :bugeyes: Still hoping I get mine soon. Regarding straps, I love the one I got with the H4X. But can see how I can get annoying on a tripod, etc.

Of course you don't need it. For reasons too long to explain I do and I am still waiting so perhaps we can come to a suitable arrangement.

As to straps, I find them essential but also annoying. I had the original Hasselblad strap for my H3D but when on a tripod it kept getting in the way and getting tangled. So a simple split ring on the camera plus any strap that you fancy with a carabinier clip on the end works well and can be easily removed if it gets in the way. I have an upstrap on my 503 ( I had to cannibalise the fixings from the original Hasselblad strap to fix it to the body, but with an H series you just need a split ring) - I can highly recommend the upstrap but with the H series any strap with a decent shoulder pad will work - the weight of the camera will keep it on your shoulder. Of course if you want to hang it round your neck you may need a lot more muscles than I have and something different.

dwood

Hi Joe. Needing something and wanting it are two different things. My wife is always quick to point out that I already have a number of cameras and why do I need one more. Good question. When I told her I wanted the 100c, I tried these approaches: 1 - Honey, I've worked hard all my life and been a good provider. I've earned this new camera, haven't I? 2 - I promise, this will be the last camera I ever buy. It is truly the ultimate and there will never be a future need to replace it. 3 - At some point, I will sell all of my other equipment to help pay for it. 4 - Life is to short and precious to deny me this camera and you never know what tomorrow will bring. 5 - Unlike some other people we know, I never spend money on expensive cars, clothing, jewelry, restaurants, etc.

Not sure she really believed any of it, but I did get the camera.
#5 seems like a sure-fire way to suddenly find your cameras listed for sale on Ebay :ROTFL:

pegelli

Any wife of a photo enthusiast knows #2 is a lie ;)

And there are probably some people on this forum who can't use #5 with a straight face :LOL:

JK12

Can you share a link please- I cant find these things for some reason!

eBay might be the way to go for the covers.
Just today i ordered a top, bottom and backside bodycover and a magazine cover, hope it fits the digital back too ...
Paid 10€ for each, think this is ok ... check europe/germany too ... they ship worldwide for a reasonable price.

Regarding the strap, I'd rather go with a SunSniper or Handstrap.
Don't think I would use a standard strap ...

TRixxY

I guess you'ra in lack of search words ...

Try: hasselblad h cover and filter set to worldwide & cheapest incl postage

You can find top covers, back covers and magazine covers.
Magazin covers should fit all Hasselblad H digital backs and 16-32