The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium Format back that work well with a Schneider-Krueznach APO-Digitar 5.6/24 XL-10

felix5616

Which of the newer MF digital backs(IQ160) works well with a Schneider-Krueznach APO-Digitar 5.6/24 XL-100 MC lens?

Digitalcameraman

Which of the newer MF digital backs(IQ160) works well with a Schneider-Krueznach APO-Digitar 5.6/24 XL-100 MC lens?
That lens is so wide and does not allow for any movement on older sensors such as P45+. The IQ160 sensor is large and also more demanding so I would suggest a cropped sensor that is not demanding on the corners.

The Schneider 35XL is a much better option and it allows for some movement for rise and fall and shifts and tech cameras. I have seen P40+ work well and also Credo 40 work well. LCC is very correctable.

gebseng

I use the 24/5.6 with a Leaf Credo 40 (44x33mm sensor), that gives me 4-5mm of shift. The color cast corrects ok in C1 9

best,

geb

Ben730

With IQ140 this lens is great!
But you need the Center Filter and the CF makes it prone to flare.
Regards,
Ben