The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H2 - entry level back?

PoloDigital

I've got a line on a lightly used H2 (<7k actuations) with 80mm and 210mm lenses and am wondering what a reasonable (<$15K) back would be? Phase One? Leaf? I'm not ready to dump $20+K into MF, but willing to get my feet wet.

I'm considering Hassy over the Mamiya on recommendation of my brother who shoots MF and prefers the Hassy (and Sinar) glass. Opinions?

Thanks!

Don Libby

Hi Scott

I just left Capture Integration's website and saw under their pre-owned section they list a P30 for $9,990; a P30+ for $13,990 and a P45 for $14,490.

Might be worthwhile to contact Chris Lawery there for more details.

Don

elitegroup

I've got a line on a lightly used H2 (<7k actuations) with 80mm and 210mm lenses and am wondering what a reasonable (<$15K) back would be? Phase One? Leaf? I'm not ready to dump $20+K into MF, but willing to get my feet wet.

I'm considering Hassy over the Mamiya on recommendation of my brother who shoots MF and prefers the Hassy (and Sinar) glass. Opinions?

Thanks!
Leaf Aptus 65S for H1 with all caps, latest firmware @ US $7,932.60 :toocool:

2 batteries, 1 charger,

800/800 Firewire cable - 4.5m

800/400 Firewire cable - 4.5m

Latest Leaf capture Software.

12 months warranty @ Sunstudios Australia

more info at this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...go=DR&its=S%2BI%2BSS&itu=ISS%2BUCI%2BSI&otn=4

H

Howard Cubell

If you are interested in a Hasselblad H series camera and one heck of a deal from a financial standpoint, Pro Centre in London is offering used H3D-39 cameras for about US $8,500. That's a complete camera for a bit more than 60% of the price of the used P45 back with no camera you were quoted.

KeithL

If you are interested in a Hasselblad H series camera and one heck of a deal from a financial standpoint, Pro Centre in London is offering used H3D-39 cameras for about US $8,500. That's a complete camera for a bit more than 60% of the price of the used P45 back with no camera you were quoted.
As I understand it these prices are not for complete cameras. The prices also do not include VAT at 15%. Non UK buyers will also have to pay insured shipping and variable levels of import duties and taxes.

carstenw

As I understand it these prices are not for complete cameras. The prices also do not include VAT at 15%. Non UK buyers will also have to pay insured shipping and variable levels of import duties and taxes.
The prices appear to be for body+back, presumably with the standard prism too.

http://www.procentre.co.uk/secondhand_Equipment.html#hasselblad_h

They are complete cameras, ex VAT with a 6 month Guatantee.

Correct, non UK buyers would have to pay the duties, unless they got a cheapy flight to the UK and smuggled it home. :cool:

David

jlm

Workshop Member
i've been trying to peddle my hasselblad 200TCC with the CFV back. you won't find a better priced entry into MF digital. uses the v system lenses, focal plane shutter, v style body. the 200TCC was the premier v body

Hi Keith,

Sorry, now it is not me being clear. Apologies.

Lense(s) would not be included in that price. I thought you meant that they were just a camera body or digital back.

However you can see down the list that there are also 2nd hand lenses available. Eg 80mm @ £795.

They also have everything in hire so there are possibilities.

David

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The issue I see is paying duties coming into the states. There going to nail you hard on this, obviously the other what if it shows up DOA than what. I know buying it sounds very attractive but makes me nervous. I have received bills from Fed-X three months later with duties attached to them buying a 6 k lens from Ffordes. It was like 380 dollars or something. Just be careful

KeithL

Just be careful
I couldn't agree more.

I've looked into importing cameras from the USA, even rang Customs and Excise for details, but as it turned out it really wasn't even worth considering.
Costs alone ruled it out and that's before guarantees or any other considerations came into the equation.

I try to buy from the UK wherever possible and will if necessary buy from the EU, but that's as far as I'll go.

Keith

E

edwinb

I see there is a barely used Mamiya 645 with 54H and lens's in stock
if interested fill out the enquiry form on the Sinar UK website and sales will give you details
Edwin

H

Howard Cubell

The issue I see is paying duties coming into the states. There going to nail you hard on this, obviously the other what if it shows up DOA than what. I know buying it sounds very attractive but makes me nervous. I have received bills from Fed-X three months later with duties attached to them buying a 6 k lens from Ffordes. It was like 380 dollars or something. Just be careful
That actually sounds about right. I am not sure what the rate of import duty is, but I think it is around 1.5%. David can chime in here, but it may also be possible to buy an extended warranty from Hasselblad on an H3D-39 that you buy from Pro Centre that is beyond the 6 month warranty they are offering.
There is risk in buying anything used, from any dealer, but when I compare $8500 for an H series Hasselblad with a 39mp back with $14,000 just for a 31mp Phase P30+ back, I find the savings compelling. Add in the cost of a used H2 for that P30+, say $2,500, and the cost differential is $8,000. You can get a few nice HC lenses lightly used for that savings. Oh, and the Hasselblad is 39mp, not 31mp. Also important to note that Pro Centre is apparently a major rental house in London, not some hole in the wall in the Far East or private individual.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm sure it maybe a safe place to buy but my thoughts on import are still there . Does make you think though they are a rental house also and if these units came from that dept.. I don't know and not going to assume just being the devils advocate here but rentals tend to get pretty beat up. Just from buying experience get some images of the units your thinking about so you can see if there is any damage and such. The cost savings are very compelling and I know the market is in a pinch, so everything maybe very good too. Again just be careful. This is a lot of money

H

Howard Cubell

I'm sure it maybe a safe place to buy but my thoughts on import are still there . Does make you think though they are a rental house also and if these units came from that dept.. I don't know and not going to assume just being the devils advocate here but rentals tend to get pretty beat up. Just from buying experience get some images of the units your thinking about so you can see if there is any damage and such. The cost savings are very compelling and I know the market is in a pinch, so everything maybe very good too. Again just be careful. This is a lot of money
Wise advice, Guy. For those savings, I would actually hop on one of those cheap flights over to London for a nice weekend, inspect the camera first hand and bring it back with me.

The Pro Centre is actually owned by Hasselblad UK (common knowledge) but operated as a separate business. They rent everything from Canon, Nikon, Mamiya etc... you can see from the rental list on the website.

Any ex-rental stock is serviced and cleaned before being sold and also offered with that warranty. If you want to extend it then you can just take out a care plan as you wish. It is probably the safest place to buy second hand equipment.

...and also an excuse for a trip to London. ;-)

David