The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cube bonnet?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone found a decent bonnet to protect their cube from the inevitable?
(and, yes I crashed mine into a bronze door at MIT this afternoon)
-bob

Lars

Buy a pair of thick wool socks at Walmart, and use both.

Or get a Tamrac heavy lens case with the thick closed-cell padding, and cut off the lid.

C

carbonmetrictree

LOL, I finally got one last week at B&H while in New York for my architectural photography exhibit. I didn't have the chance to look for something to protect it with, but I did have one of those Canon lens bags that came with an old 16-35mm that fit nicely over it. It wouldn't have helped if I dropped it, but it certainly helped when it started to pour a few days ago. I will probably go with either the Think Tank tripod bag or something else that can protect the entire setup, the sound of scraping carbon fiber against asphalt or a fence sounds as bad as a dented piece of aluminum!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I think that I did more damage to the bronze door at MIT then it did to my cube.
-bob

woodyspedden

Has anyone found a decent bonnet to protect their cube from the inevitable?
(and, yes I crashed mine into a bronze door at MIT this afternoon)
-bob
bob

RRS provide an OpTech neoprene case for the BH55 (large) ballhead which may be just what you need. You might want to call them and tell them you need a replacement for the one you lost. (Probably don't want to tell them you need it for an Arca Swiss product LOL)

Woody